Author Topic: Mars (miniseries)  (Read 711 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Mars (miniseries)
« on: November 16, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »
Has anyone else checked this out? It's half documentary, half scifi drama about sending the first humans to Mars. It alternates between the present day, which shows current progress on reaching Mars and SpaceX, with interviews with people like Elon Musk and Neil Degrasse Tyson, and then the fictional first manned mission to Mars set in 2033, which shows some dramatized problems those astronauts face.

The documentary section went into the need to reuse and land a rocket, showing the SpaceX failures. The future section showed the crew having problems with landing, and ending up off course. The first episode was quite good. There will be 6 parts in total, and I'll definitely be watching the rest.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Mars (miniseries)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:38 AM »
I can't wait to sit down and watch this, preferably after it wraps up on a commercial free streaming service.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »
I figured you'd have watched it or would want to assuming you knew about it. I'm not sure how widely advertised or watched it was, because I only stumbled across it by chance. I expect you'll enjoy it. It's not really any new info to you or me, but it's nice to have the new interviews from people in science presented in a show like this. And the future sections are enjoyable, like a TV version of The Martian, except without the abandonment. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
I don't have a cable subscription, so outside or pirating it, I have to just wait and be patient  :-[. I swing by my parents' house every Sunday for a few hours, maybe I'll tell my father to record it on their DVR and I can watch it.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 11:26:24 AM »
I had it set to record Monday night and it didn't :(  I was pretty miffed when I got home yesterday and it wasn't there.  SO!  I recorded it again last night, hopefully I'll be watching it tonight :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:46:31 AM »
Recording, haven't watched yet. Looks awesome.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind