Author Topic: Your concerts for 2017  (Read 33443 times)

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2017
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »
Added the Anthema / Alcest show today.....

Seen

February 18th - Stockholm, Fryshuset Arenan - Dream Theater

March 7th - Stockholm, Munchebryggeriet- Gojira

March 9th - Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena - Disturbed & Avenged Sevenfold

March 28th - Eskilstuna, Lokomotivet - Pain of Salvation

April 1st - Malmö, KB - The Neal Morse Band

May 16th - Katowice, Spodek Arena - Dream Theater (on a trip with work)

July 2nd - Malmö, Slagthuset - Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress

Upcoming
September 23rd - Copenhagen, Koncerthuset - Tori Amos

October 13th - Stockholm, Kulturhuset, studion- IQ

November 6th - Stockholm,  Kägelbanan - Anathema / Alcest

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »

Updated...
2/4 Anti-flag and Reel Big Fish
2/9 Lordi with meet and greet
6/14 Roger Waters
8/22 Rancid and Dropkick Murphys
9/17 Against Me!
9/19 U2
9/22 Ben Folds with meet and greet
9/23 Impractical Jokers... does this count as a concert? lol
10/28 Dream Theater... maybe? I've been confused by venue changes and cancellations.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »
I'd say Impractical Jokers does not count but that's awesome. I love those guys.

Back from an impromptu work trip to LA which allowed me to catch 311 for a third time this summer in Hollywood.  LA is where 311 currently lives, from Omaha, and I didn't realize until that concert how many LA references they have in their music.  They even played a new song "Inside Our Home" due to being in LA.  The Hollywood Palladium was a really cool venue, I had known it from Bad Religion's DVD and it was a cool experience to be there myself seeing one of my favorite bands.  They actually played a slightly extended setlist, 2 extra songs, and there were 4 total songs I hadn't seem them play from the first two times seeing them.  I put together this video of my clips when I got home last night quickly, but the audio is not so great, still cool to have the memories:

311 Live at Hollywood Palladium 8/19/17

Now as for a new concert update, 311 finished their tour in San Diego the next day and immediately announced a fall tour with one local show for me.  Why do they make me see them so much?

Shows coming up (all tickets purchased  :hat):

August 28th - Deep Purple and Alice Cooper @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 2nd - Haken @ Highline Ballroom, New York City NY
September 16th - Scorpions and MegaDeth @ Madison Square Garden, New York NY
September 24th - Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress @ Irving Plaza, New York NY
September 29th - Epica and Lacuna Coil @ Playstation Theater, New York NY
October 28th - 311 @ Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
November 16th - Dream Theater @ Beacon Theater, New York NY
November 17th - HIM @ Hammerstein Ballrom, New York NY
November 18th - Dream Theater @ Paramount Theater, Asbury Park NJ

also just found out I won a live nation contest and got two free seats to the Deep Purple and Alice Cooper concert  :metal :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: August 30, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »
It was classic rock night in NJ last Monday.  The two tickets I won were decent seats.  I thought they may just give me lawn tickets, but I got a row mostly center, near the back, but had a nice view and the row was unsold tickets so we had seats to our left and right of us empty which was nice to have the room.  I actually had a lawn ticket that I sold for 10 bucks before entering the venue, some guy approached looking for a ticket and we were both lucky as he got a nice cheap ticket (I paid $28) and I got some beer money, plus got the gf to join me since she was all in once she found out I had a free ticket for her.  Alice Cooper was awesome.  What a show he and his band put on.  Just pure entertainment.  They sounded tight, and love the female guitarist.  She's awesome.  Plus all the stage show antics, I am such a sucker for things like this.  I loved it.  Add some fireworks and I'm a happy dude.  Then Deep Purple came on and I really enjoyed them, they played some good music.  I felt like the place had kind of died down a bit from the big show we just got from Alice.  I'm not a huge fan of either band and only knew maybe half the songs played between both bands, but I found the music overall really enjoyable.  Although Deep Purple's sound was terrible.  Way too muddy and it was hard to hear everything well.  I got lots of video from both bands and the first comment on the video was how someone left during Deep Purple because they were so boring  :lol  I think the juxtaposition of those two bands made it tough on Deep Purple to keep the energy at a high level.  Oh well, I loved it overall, great concert.  :metal

Deep Purple and Alice Cooper Live PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 8/28/17

Now onto a holiday weekend with Haken in NYC  :yarr

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #424 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
Went to Foreigner last week w/Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience and Cheap Trick.  Loved it.  Only show coming up so far is DT's I&W Tour in late October. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »
Went to a day festival in Bristol today with my girlfriend. Quite a varied line up but De La Soul played and they killed it.

That is all...

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #426 on: September 03, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »
Saw Ed Sheeran for the third time last night with the gf. I'm not really a fan but fuck that guy is talented and puts on a great show.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: September 03, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »
Updated with Magma / Mats & Morgan

Seen

Upcoming

October 27th - Stockholm, Kulturhuset, studion - Magma / Mats och Morgan

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
Just nabbed a John Mayer ticket for tonight, so I'll add that to my 2017 list.

2017-07-01 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with The Mountain Goats) - PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
2017-07-02 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with The Mountain Goats) - The Rose Music Center, Huber Heights, OH
2017-07-08 - The Avett Brothers (with Chatham County Line) - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
2017-08-27 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Amanda Shires) - Ohio Theatre, Columbus, OH
2017-09-03 - John Mayer with Dawes - Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, IN
2017-10-15 - Paramore (with Best Coast) - Akron Civic Theatre, Akron, OH
2017-11-19 - A Perfect Circle (with The Beta Machine) - BB&T Arena, Highland Heights, KY

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »
Heading out to see King's X in Columbus tomorrow night!

2017-07-01 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with The Mountain Goats) - PNC Pavilion, Cincinnati, OH
2017-07-02 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with The Mountain Goats) - The Rose Music Center, Huber Heights, OH
2017-07-08 - The Avett Brothers (with Chatham County Line) - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
2017-08-27 - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (with Amanda Shires) - Ohio Theatre, Columbus, OH
2017-09-03 - John Mayer (with Dawes) - Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, IN
2017-09-08 - King's X (with MG Flash and Static Tension) - Alrosa Villa - Columbus, OH
2017-10-15 - Paramore (with Best Coast) - Akron Civic Theatre, Akron, OH
2017-11-19 - A Perfect Circle (with The Beta Machine) - BB&T Arena, Highland Heights, KY

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
Won a pair of tickets from livenation for Sublime with Rome and Offspring next week.  Similar to the Deep Purple concert, I had a ticket already but now that I won, my gf will come and i'll probably sell my ticket to someone in the lot before hand.

Also, Haken last weekend was awesome  :metal  I posted more on the Haken thread, but here is my video of Atlas Stone Live in NYC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
Woooo.  Going to see Breaking Benjamin at an acoustic show at the Anaheim House of Blues.  Three days after the Halestorm show I'm seeing.  Going to be a very exciting week that week.

So far, that makes it.

10/20/17 Halestorm w/ Starset at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA
10/23/17 Breaking Benjamin Unplugged at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA

I'm still looking for an Alter Bridge show in these parts.  Hopefully, I can get it at the end of the year.  I had to miss out on their show at the Wiltern, this year, due to moving, sadly.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
Update time since Haken & Epica are this week...

Jan- Enchant
       Thank You Scientists, Consider the Source
Mar- Umphrey's McGee
May- Arkona, Sirenia, MindMaze, Graveshadow
Jun- Anciients, Goatwhore
Sep- Haken
        Epica, Lacuna Coil
        Orphaned Land, Pain
Oct- Dream Theater
Nov- Periphery, Animals as Leaders

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2017, 05:12:25 AM »
Saw Loverboy last night.  Not bad, but Reno's voice is shot.  Plus, he looks like he's on the same meal plan as Yngvie.

Still a good time - they did all their 80s hits.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #434 on: September 10, 2017, 06:08:14 AM »
Saw Loverboy last night.  Not bad, but Reno's voice is shot.  Plus, he looks like he's on the same meal plan as Yngvie.

Are you saying that he goes to an all-you-can-eat buffet with his bandmates and says, "Alright, fellas, turn me loose!"  :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2017, 06:27:54 AM »

Are you saying that he goes to an all-you-can-eat buffet with his bandmates and says, "Alright, fellas, turn me loose!"  :biggrin:

And he's lovin every minute of it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2017, 06:33:03 AM »

And he's lovin every minute of it.

Are they still with him when it's over?

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #437 on: September 12, 2017, 01:47:30 PM »
September 6th - Metallica in Amsterdam.

It was alright. I've seen them many times before and this was possibly my least favorite live Metallica experience so far. Tempo was all over the place. My brother hadn't seen them before and thought they were great, so that's cool.

November 5th - Jose James

Neo-soul / R&B / Jazz singer with a deep voice and stellar band. Looking forward to this.

Not much else atm. My highlights thus far were Opeth @ Graspop and Gojira in Utrecht, NL. Dream Theater was pretty good on the Images tour.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
September 6th - Metallica in Amsterdam.

It was alright. I've seen them many times before and this was possibly my least favorite live Metallica experience so far. Tempo was all over the place. My brother hadn't seen them before and thought they were great, so that's cool.

What do you mean by the tempo, as in Lars drumming wasn't good or the song selection made for an odd tempo to the concert?  When I saw them earlier this year, I thought they had some tempo issues with Lars being off a bit throughout the concert.  I still enjoyed the show, it was also my first time seeing them.

Tonight is punk/reggae night with Sublime with Rome and Offspring in my local area.  I won a couple tickets, but my gf can't make it and I already had a better seat than what I won, so since I couldn't give these away to my friends, some lucky couple in the parking lot might get a free concert (assuming I can find someone to just give them to).

Then Saturday is metal and classic rock night at Madison Square Garden for The Scorpions and Megadeth!  Never seen either so that's going to be fun, I was able to give me extra ticket to my friend so that'll be a nice way to spend the weekend.   :metal

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »
Tonight is punk/reggae night with Sublime with Rome and Offspring in my local area.  I won a couple tickets, but my gf can't make it and I already had a better seat than what I won, so since I couldn't give these away to my friends, some lucky couple in the parking lot might get a free concert (assuming I can find someone to just give them to).

Enjoy dude, I saw Sublime with Rome back in '12, when I was travelling Australia, my friend out there got me last minute tickets. It was a great show, I'd definitely see them again  :hat

I think I've only seen The Offspring once, back in '04 at a festival, they were pretty great that night from what I remember.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2017, 03:35:27 PM »
This year has sucked for me. My plans for Iron Maiden didn't work out. Guns N' Roses was prohibitively expensive. ProgPower I missed due to life screwing me over at the last minute.

But at least I have Arch Enemy-Trivium and Dream Theater with my best friend in a couple months, and plenty lined up for next year. :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »

Enjoy dude, I saw Sublime with Rome back in '12, when I was travelling Australia, my friend out there got me last minute tickets. It was a great show, I'd definitely see them again  :hat

I think I've only seen The Offspring once, back in '04 at a festival, they were pretty great that night from what I remember.

I've seen Sublime with Rome 5 times or so already, I'm ok with Rome as the singer, but I wish they would play a more diverse set and not just the same ole same ole Sublime songs.  They still make music, they should play more of that or at least vary the old songs more.  I've seen Offspring once before when they played Smash in its entirety.  That was the first CD I ever owned.   I'm more excited to see them again then Sublime.  Should be a fun night.  :hat :hat

This year has sucked for me. My plans for Iron Maiden didn't work out. Guns N' Roses was prohibitively expensive. ProgPower I missed due to life screwing me over at the last minute.

But at least I have Arch Enemy-Trivium and Dream Theater with my best friend in a couple months, and plenty lined up for next year. :)

That sucks things haven't worked out for you.  I'm strongly considering going to ProgPower next year, really digging that line up.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
I've seen Offspring once before when they played Smash in its entirety.  That was the first CD I ever owned.   I'm more excited to see them again then Sublime.  Should be a fun night . :hat :hat

That's funny, the first CD I ever owned was Americana by them. My brother snapped it in half because I played it so much  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »
I've seen Offspring once before when they played Smash in its entirety.  That was the first CD I ever owned.   I'm more excited to see them again then Sublime.  Should be a fun night . :hat :hat

That's funny, the first CD I ever owned was Americana by them. My brother snapped it in half because I played it so much  :lol

That's amazing  :lol  I actually had Smash on a cassette for a year before I finally got a CD player and then my sister got the Smash CD for her birthday but didn't want it, so that became my first CD.  I still can't believe I was singing Bad Habit back in 4th/5th grade.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »
That sucks things haven't worked out for you.  I'm strongly considering going to ProgPower next year, really digging that line up.

This year's lineup was soooo good and I'll be kicking myself for missing it forever. Next year's doesn't impress me as much but Voyager, JLB, Nocturnal Rites and Angra have me sold. Excited for several others as well (Vuur, Soen), but I'll be at the bar getting drunk during Chris Bowes' bands  :lol Planning my trip already, hope to see you there!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »

This year's lineup was soooo good and I'll be kicking myself for missing it forever. Next year's doesn't impress me as much but Voyager, JLB, Nocturnal Rites and Angra have me sold. Excited for several others as well (Vuur, Soen), but I'll be at the bar getting drunk during Chris Bowes' bands  :lol Planning my trip already, hope to see you there!

This year's didnt intrigue me since the two biggest bands for me were also playing in NYC (Haken and MP's TSF)  But also a huge Nocturnal Rites fans and that'll be my only chance ever to see them, plus JLB, Tarja, Vuur... I'd like to be there.  If that happens, definitely will see you there

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »
Update time since Haken & Epica are this week...

Jan- Enchant
       Thank You Scientists, Consider the Source
Mar- Umphrey's McGee
May- Arkona, Sirenia, MindMaze, Graveshadow
Jun- Anciients, Goatwhore
Sep- Haken
        Epica, Lacuna Coil
        Orphaned Land, Pain
Oct- Dream Theater
Nov- Periphery, Animals as Leaders

Editing the list for a brilliant addition I found out about today... Rik Emmett, Oct 4 at a small, intimate Oakland jazz club Yoshi's....this is gonna be life changing...

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2017, 11:44:15 PM »
Going to the Ayreon Universe concert on Friday. Should be a lot of fun.   :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
That'll be really cool  :metal

The concert the other night was really fun, big crowd too.  Offspring came out first and was very much surprised by the large turnout, they kept cracking jokes between songs and saying how awesome it was.  It really surprised me as well, I know they aren't a small band, but I've seen Sublime with Rome 3 summers in a row in this venue and this was the most packed I've seen so it's clearly due to the Offspring fans coming out for this show.  They were great though, played 16 songs including all the hits.  No special stage show or anything, just the band rocking out and the crowd was into it.  I really enjoyed their set.  After a break, and many people actually leaving (my section almost completely emptied) Sublime with Rome came on.  Both bands had the same set lengths, so they played a shorter set than previous summers, but I enjoyed it.  Mostly the same Sublime songs they always play with a couple other songs swapped in and a few original Sublime with Rome songs (of which, i got to say, I thought sucked).  But they were still enjoyable as a whole show.  Their dog also came out and roamed the stage during the encore which was cool.  Just a good vibe band, I roamed the lawn a bit during their set to enjoy the people and vibes, essentially everyone was smoking.  The whole place reeked.  No issues from me, just stating how it was.

One interesting thing was right when i got there, a praying mantis flew by right in front of me on my walk towards the bowl area.  I got a quick video of the bug in the intro part of my video.  I love these bugs, they are just really cool to look at and you don't see them regularly (although they are native to my area of NJ so every few years I happen to spot one) but just more unique to see one chilling near the lawn of a big concert venue.  Must of loved the sounds and smells.

And that closes out my summer at the PNC Bank Arts Center, a very much loved venue of mine.  Sadly they didn't have too many concerts that I attended this summer, but it's always a sign of the end of the summer when I go to my last concert there.

Sublime with Rome & The Offspring Live @ PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel NJ

Saturday is The Scorpions and Megadeth.... but I am also thinking of hitting up The Meadows Music and Art festival on Sunday in Queens.  It's kind of expensive ($135) and on a sunday which is holding me back.... but I really would love to see The Red Hot Chili Peppers again.  They are really the only band I want to see (and the main headliner) but also Weezer is playing which would be cool.  I'm just juggling the idea cause it's a big festival and I'll likely not get a good view so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: September 17, 2017, 02:33:30 AM »

Updated with Saga

Seen

Upcoming

October 27th - Stockholm, Kulturhuset, studion - Magma / Mats och Morgan

November 23rd - Stockholm, Fryshuset Klubben - Saga

Offline earlilano

« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
Added Breaking Benkamin, Bruno Mars, Our Lady Peace

Seen:
May 28 - Lifehouse at Pechanga
June 20 - Korn, Stone Sour, Baby Metal at Chula Vista , CA
June 24 - Tool 2:00 pm at San Bernardino, CA
July 15 - Goo Goo Dolls at Las Vegas, NV
August 6 - Metallica, Aveneged Sevenfold, Gojira at San Diego PETCO Park
August 25 - Fuel, Marcy Playground, Dishwalla at Morongo

Upcoming:
October 7 - CalJam 2017 with Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age and others at San Bernardino, CA
October 22 - Skillet at Ontario, CA
October 23 - Breaking Benjamin at House of Blues Anaheim
October 25 - In This Moment at Riverside Municipal
October 26 - Dream Theater at The Wiltern
November 8 - Bruno Mars at The Forum (for the wife)
November 21 - Our Lady Peace at The El Rey Theatre

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2017, 06:12:15 AM »
Saw three concerts last week:

Pineapple Thief: Gavin Harrison was really the star of the show here, his drumming was just tight. The rest of the band played flawlessly. There was not a lot of interaction and a pretty static crowd but that's okay for a show like this. Godsticks didn't leave a lasting impression

Ayreon: Well this was amazing! There was a lot of effort put into this for three shows. Hearing Everybody Dies live was really great with all the different vocalists. Still had to laugh a little at the Doom, Gloom, The world goes Boom part, especially since the lyrics were shown large on the screen behind the stage. I was pleasantly suprised that Arjen himself sang a song, it was nice to hear him sing: "Hey dude, you're so uncool"  :lol It was also really cool to meet some fellow DTF'ers before the show :azn:

Vulfpeck
(with Antwaun and Cory Wong): The crowd was so enthousiastic, definitely one of the most "happy" concerts I've been too. There was quite a lot of fooling around and some improvisiation during the show which was nice.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
Saw Scorpions and Megadeth this past Saturday at Madison Square Garden.  I had such a blast seeing both these bands for the first time.  I was dissapointed with Megadeth.  Their sound was total shit, I could hardly hear the vocals and the rest of the band sounded so muddy.  I could hardly even tell what song they were playing.  It got a bit better towards the end of their set, but it really took the enjoyment out of it.  Also, they only played 9 songs.  Was hoping for one more.  They did have some cool video to go along and the stage looked cool, so they had that going.  I had some cool seats, first row along the balcony.  During intermission between bands, my friend and I moved to some other open seats along the top section where we had much more space and a table to put our food down.  It's so nice up in this section of MSG.  Had a great view as well.  Scorpions sounded perfect.  It was amazing how different each band sounded.  I was impressed with them, they sounded tight, and well, perfect.  The setlist was great for the first time seeing them, all the hits and some newer songs.  I'm honestly surprised my friend and I didn't get thrown out though.  We were raging in these seats and even got a small 4 person mosh pit going towards the end in this balcony section.  I captured a lot of the stupid shit in my video.  I was just mad at the end because my friend forced us to leave to catch the train and we missed the encore (we totally could have just caught a later train). 

Scorpions & Megadeth Live @ MSG

Next concert... MP's Shattered Fortress on Sunday!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:11 AM »
I have a few good ones coming up.

Michael Sweet of Stryper (solo, acoustic)
Dream Theater
Foo Fighters
Alter Bridge
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2017, 02:07:15 AM »
Ok, so the final tally for the last seven days...

Monmouth
Sithu Aye
Haken - Got the setlist

Elantris
Insomnium
Lacuna Coil
Epica

Voodoo Kungfu
Pain - Got the setlist and a pick
Orphaned Land - would've gotten the setlist, but the girl next to me was much cuter than I

Just killer all around, Elantris being the only meh performance. Sithu Aye, Insomnium, Voodoo Kungfu and Pain were insanely good for bands I didn't know going in, and all the headliners fucking killed it. Now to patiently await Rik Emmett...