Author Topic: Your concerts for 2017  (Read 33499 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2017
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »
Just like the rumors of a new Tool album :lol
Yes, it's all strangely reminiscent...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2017, 08:09:30 AM »
Had a good time at Third Eye Blind last night.  Went with the gf and a few of her girl friends so it was more of a social event essentially than a concert for me.  As in, we chilled in the back on the lawn and just talked instead of really getting a good view and watching.  Fine with me since I'm not a huge fan, but I left them for a moment and got a better view to get a video and kind of wished the ladies were more into the concert because there were a lot of people there (they said this was their biggest crowd of the tour) and it would have been fun to get into the music and environment.  Oh well, this was the gf's thing so I didn't want to just ditch them of course.  They also wanted to leave early, which I would of rather not done, but whatever.  Fun night overall.

Third Eye Blind - Hows It Going To Be Live PNC Bank Arts Center NJ

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »
They put on a good show when we went, I was surprised at the turn out, it was sold out in charlotte but the place didn't seem as big as your cramx3. I was a big fan of the first album so it was a fun trip to the past.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »
It's funny cause I thought it was going to be a poor turnout.  Ticket sales about a month ago were poor.  You could have gotten a front row seat.  However, they had a groupon for $15 lawn seats two weeks ago and the lawn was packed.  I'm guessing lots of people like myself scooped up the cheap tickets.  That amphitheater's capacity is around 17k.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Just scooped up a VIP balcony ticket for Kamelot, Delain, and Battlebeast in NYC... for 2017  :metal :metal

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
Updated...
2/4 Anti-flag and Reel Big Fish
2/9 Lordi with meet and greet
6/14 Roger Waters
9/19 U2
9/22 Ben Folds with meet and greet

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
Saw Roger Waters in Tacoma last night. It was a great show except he got a little too political. However the music sounded great. I think his show would be better if he ditched the screens and focused on a elaborate light show. The light show did get good towards the end, but I was a little disappointed at the light show for a Pink Floyd based concert. The screens were cool but overdone.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »
Saw Tool in San Bernardino last night, for the first time. It was pretty much everything I was hoping for, from the setlist to the fantastic performance to the people moshing in a circle pit around trash bonfires on the lawn.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
The only show I plan on going to this year is King Crimson, in about 2 weeks.  I'm getting pretty excited for it  :metal

Scratch that.  My job told me I couldn't take that day off (after being able to since February).

Frank Turner will be around in September, and I'm thinking about it.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2017, 02:56:11 PM »
Saw Mastodon yesterday  :metal What a great show, the crowd was really in to it and their playing was pretty great. The show did end a little suddenly with no encore tho. (no Blood and Thunder  :'( )

It was also nice to see Train and Elite again   ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:26:05 PM by home »
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
Went ahead and bought a bunch of tickets this week for my future concerts.  Got some deals for the holiday weekend: $20 lawn seats for almost all concerts at PNC Bank Arts Center so got my Deep Purple with Alice Cooper ticket also %10 off stubhub so got a front section ticket for Incubus with Jimmy Eat World for $40 under face value.  :metal :metal

Really looking forward to the two 311 shows coming up since their new album is really good, plus Incubus (although their newest isn't so great) is that same week so it's going to be hectic. 

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
Bought my first 2018 ticket now.

Steven Wilson at Circus in Stockholm on the 26th of February.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
11/8/16 - Marillion ended 2016 in awesome fashion!

This is one of my best concert years, EVER!!!

2/28 - Steve Hackett

4/28 - The Alarm

5/8 - Nothing More

8/25 - The Neal Morse Band

9/2 - Haken

9/24 - The Shattered Fortress

12/15 - Kansas

Just waiting for DT dates and my year will be complete!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2017, 11:58:24 PM »
Wow. Just saw Jason Isbell and he absolutely killed. What a talented band. Can't wait to see him again tomorrow night.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
311 was amazing last night.  Packed venue, was on the GA floor so lots of jumping and some pretty solid mosh pits as well.  Security was super tight though which kind of took some of the air out of the room though.  Had a few interesting encounters last night, one guy wanted to fight me.  No idea why since he couldnt seem to talk.  I'm guessing I was blocking his view so I just walked away from that.  A random guy drenched in sweat kept hugging me which was disgusting, although I know he was being nice, I had to push him off me, twice, because he was soaked.  I ended up soaked as well, but I was really disgusted by that  :lol  Yesterday was the 22 year anniversary of the blue album so they played 6 songs from it, plus 10 new songs so I was very happy with the setlist. 

311 - Syntax Error Live Debut Hammerstein Ballroom NYC 7/11/17

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:18:44 PM by cramx3 »

Offline bill1971

« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
This year was just Geoff Tate and Living Colour. Both amazing shows, both times got to see them very close. I think next on the radar would be DT although I may pass until they make newmusic. Also if Anderson, Wakeman and Rabin come close. so far it doesn't look good.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
Nice Cram!!!

Tomorrow night Bent Knee and Wednesday it's Iron Maiden :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
 :metal :metal MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN!!  You're going to have a great time.

Just got home from work so made a drink and about to head out (via Uber of course) to the Incubus and Jimmy Eat World concert.  I got a great seat up close and under the shed (it's been raining all day here) so I'm really glad I am not out on the lawn.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2017, 10:33:30 AM »
Well that concert last night was a really awesome experience.  Met so many awesome people and we all just had an amazing time rocking out and singing along.  It rained really hard during Incubus's set, but I was in the shed all comfortable  :lol (my friend stopped by after the concert who was also there and she was drenched).  Jimmy Eat World was not the greatest, not really into their music and the crowd wasn't really into it either until their last two songs, then the place erupted.  Incubus's setlist was kind of a drag.  They played a bunch of the crappier new songs and not enough rockers for me overall, but they were still really good live and I had a great time.  No complaints really.  At the end of the show, it was still raining so I chilled under the shed for a bit while it emptied out and cracked a joke to this random guy who was also doing the same.  I can't remember what I said, but he was cracking up and we just started chatting while we waited.  Next thing you know we were hanging out for like an hour at the venue as the rain stopped.  He was with his girlfriend, they both have two children separately and this was their one night out alone.  They ended up driving me home after we had a smoke together, this guy also gave me water (offered beer) and was going to take me out for food after as well, but I declined.  I live really close to the venue and was super happy to get the free lift, these two were just like the coolest people.  Such an amazing experience.  I got a few clips of us driving back at the end of my video (they were made aware of my youtube channel so its all good) :lol

Incubus with Jimmy Eat World Live at PNC Bank Arts Center

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
The trifecta of concerts ended with an early concert along the Jersey shore.  Caught the entire show with The Skints opening (twosuitsLuke  :metal).  The place was fairly empty for them and it seemed no one knew their music (including myself).  It was their first time ever in NJ and they seemed pretty excited about it being from London.  They were really impressive.  I think everyone really enjoyed their show.  Then came New Politics.  I'm not really into this type of music, they were too poppy for me, but I'll give them credit for putting on a fun show still.  The singer did some crazy dance moves and the guitarist showed off his skills.  311 came on early, 8pm while it was still light out.  This was the third summer I've seen them here and they always go on early so the sunsets behind them during the set while the band gets to look out towards the ocean, which makes for a great environment.  I went with a friend who met up with more friends, and I met another of my friends, so we ended up having a huge group of friends rocking out to 311 by the end of the show.  They played a very different setlist from last Tuesday.  24 songs each night, but a total of 32 different songs between the nights.   :metal :metal

311, New Politics, The Skints Live @ Stone Pony Summer Stage

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »
Nice.

I hope they gained themselves some new fans, I really love them. Perfect chilled vibes  :hat

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »
Alright, for the time being, mine are:

September 16th - Ayreon Universe (Tilburg)
September 22nd - Edguy (Cologne)
September 27th - Need/Evergrey (Siegburg)
September 29th - Devin Townsend (Moscow)
October 11th - Opeth (Moscow)
October 27th - Powerwolf (Moscow)
November 9th - Kamelot (Moscow)
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
For those of you who are into film score, I added Hans Zimmer to the list. Always wanted to see some of this music performed live, and he's doing an outstanding set that includes The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception and Interstellar. Should be pretty amazing.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
Well I saw Korn this year in march. A hell of a show, great performance. Next one were meant to be Morbid Angel in August and Evergrey in September but... both them are cancelled because of problems with promotors....  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Anyway I'm going to Warsaw in November to see Helloween again ;) during Their reunion tour, Pumpkins United  :metal :metal Kiske, Deris and Hansen on one stage... sure it's gonna be a hell a of show  :metal :metal

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
I'm not going to this one, as it's in America, but I know some people might be interested.

Eidola are touring with a great band called The Ongoing Concept. I've not seen them mentioned around here but they're pretty cool. They are three brothers and a friend (I think) but the cool thing is that their last record, Handmade, was recorded entirely on instruments that the band had (handmade) themselves.

I've been tempted to send them in a few roulettes but haven't as of yet. I think anyone who is into Eidola, and lives in America, should give them a listen and go to the show  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »
Had to google Crossroads in Garwood NJ.  Never heard of it.  Not that far from me actually (in between my home and work).  Thanks for sharing, but never even heard of Eidola so not sure I'd make it.

Round 2 of Iron Maiden and Ghost tonight  :metal  :metal followed by Round 3 tomorrow   :metal :metal  :metal

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2017, 01:11:31 PM »
Yea, there are definitely some fans on here but not a huge amount.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #377 on: July 23, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »
Well, I did write about seeing Leprous at Ilosaarirock in its respective thread, but I saw three other artists I'd like to mention here.

Parov Stelar: Apparently Parov is an Austrian DJ, but he brought a whole band with him, featuring a live drummer, guitarist/bassist (dude switched instruments as needed), trumpetist, saxophonist and a french horn player! Stelar's genre is called electro-swing, and with the live band and a lovely female vocalist the live experience fused a sinful jazz hole and a rave hall nicely. I never thought I'd see slap bass and saxophone solos on an EDM gig! The set was maybe a bit repetitive at times, but groovy, fun and danceable.

Pixies: I had never listened Pixies before the gig, but I have been fixing my mistake since. I did know though they're an influential alternative band. The set had quite minimal interaction with audience, as Black Francis and co. pushed through the set intensely, but professionally. Black Francis sounded great. I missed a couple songs from the start and the end. La La Love You and Caribou (I googled the songs home) made an impression. And also, I only found out then their current bassist is Paz Lenchantin (formerly of A Perfect Circle) :heart. She has a beautiful smile and her voice goes well together with Black Francis.

Royal Blood: I only saw the first 45 minutes of their set, because their set partially overlapped with Leprous. But they put on a great show. It's hard to believe it's only two guys making such a noise and a full band sound. Figure It Out really raised the roof. Too bad I didn't see them play Out of the Black.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
Going to see Nothing More in Amsterdam in december  :metal I'm so stoked, from the video's I've seen they're give very energetic live shows.

So far I've the following confirmed:

17 september: Vulfpeck
3 october: Sigur Rós
1 november: Leprous/Agent Fresco
16 november: And So I Watch You from Afar
4 december: Nothing More

I'm also pretty sure I'm going to see Sleep Party People 28 november, possibly Soen 6 october, and if I can get tickets via Ticketswap one of the Ayreon live shows.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »
I'm not going to this one, as it's in America, but I know some people might be interested.

Eidola are touring with a great band called The Ongoing Concept. I've not seen them mentioned around here but they're pretty cool. They are three brothers and a friend (I think) but the cool thing is that their last record, Handmade, was recorded entirely on instruments that the band had (handmade) themselves.

I've been tempted to send them in a few roulettes but haven't as of yet. I think anyone who is into Eidola, and lives in America, should give them a listen and go to the show  :metal

The two shows near me, Fresno and Sacramento, are on the same nights as Haken and Epica. Oh well... :p

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
Periphery and Animals as Leaders, co-headlining tour.

I'll be there... Nov 25th...

Edit: Nevermind, DT just announced the I&W tour starts in Oakland that night. Sorry Periphery/AaL, you lose this one.

Edit #2: I'm an idiot, DT is October, Periphery is November. On the other side, I get to see both  :metal
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:40:32 PM by lonestar »

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2017, 03:28:06 AM »
Periphery and Animals as Leaders, co-headlining tour.

I'll be there... Nov 25th...

Edit: Nevermind, DT just announced the I&W tour starts in Oakland that night. Sorry Periphery/AaL, you lose this one.

Edit #2: I'm an idiot, DT is October, Periphery is November. On the other side, I get to see both  :metal

:lol
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:36 AM »
It's been a rough week, I'm allowed a touch of slack...  :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2017, 06:43:52 AM »
It's been a rough week, I'm allowed a touch of slack...  :biggrin:

I'd laugh but I'm losing my mind as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2017, 06:57:20 AM »
 :lol

So do I just see DT in NJ or do I also go to the NYC show?  Maybe both?  :biggrin: