Author Topic: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!  (Read 148515 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!
« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2016, 06:06:10 PM »
I am listening to Epica now.  And...that is actually sort of a hint too.  But probably not in the way you all think.

It's an epic! Gotcha! 8V or ACOS.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2016, 06:12:20 PM »
IT'S NOT NEVER ENOUGH!  :lolpalm:

But it has to be! In fact the whole show has to only be that song played over and over because, as you all know, everything is Never Enough .

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »
Yes, but an important question to ask is, WHO would you kill for it?

Just catching up on this thread.  Sounds like ILLUMINATION THEORY will be the opener.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »

Just catching up on this thread.  Sounds like ILLUMINATION THEORY will be the opener.

That is on my list of possibilities.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »
Yea, that sounds pretty good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #425 on: November 30, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »
False Awakening Suite followed by Illumination Theory. I remember reading on here that the album was originally going to be sequenced this way, so it would be cool to hear it in that sequence.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #426 on: December 01, 2016, 12:51:00 AM »
On my list of possibilities as well. It would be totally epic

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: December 01, 2016, 03:02:05 AM »

But Illumination Theory would be defined as a "monster" song and Mangini would not have to transcribe that. Would DT play IT, ACoS and 8VM on the tour...

Or did Mangini litterally mean monster songs, as in songs about monsters?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #428 on: December 01, 2016, 04:21:45 AM »

But Illumination Theory would be defined as a "monster" song and Mangini would not have to transcribe that. Would DT play IT, ACoS and 8VM on the tour...

He has played it many times before. I don't see it as being a major deal to relearn it. It's one of a few possibilities. I'll put the rest up later.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: December 01, 2016, 05:21:03 AM »
Quote from: Prog Snob
He has played it many times before. I don't see it as being a major deal to relearn it. It's one of a few possibilities. I'll put the rest up later.

Indeed... and as he said he was transcribing two "monstersongs" for the tour this would be a third one. I don't think they would play three "monstersongs".

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #430 on: December 01, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »
Do we know that 8V is one of them?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #431 on: December 01, 2016, 05:24:50 AM »
Ohhh, they're opening with 8V. Hmmm That fits with bosk not expecting it to be an opening song.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #432 on: December 01, 2016, 05:41:03 AM »
Do we know that 8V is one of them?

We don't know other than MM had to transcribe two "monstersongs"

It's my guess and hope that those two are ACOS and 8VM

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: December 01, 2016, 05:41:50 AM »
Ohhh, they're opening with 8V. Hmmm That fits with bosk not expecting it to be an opening song.

Would be amazing...

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2016, 06:41:48 AM »
The Dark Eternal Night confirmed.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #435 on: December 01, 2016, 06:59:03 AM »
They aren't opening with 8V, Bosk said they've been playing the opening song on the last couple years.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #436 on: December 01, 2016, 07:14:52 AM »
IT'S NOT NEVER ENOUGH!  :lolpalm:
IT'S NEVER NEVER ENOUGH
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #437 on: December 01, 2016, 08:55:21 AM »
I'm also going to guess that there will be a chunk of set devoted to FII.

Or Trial of Tears as the opener? That would be a pretty epic way to start the show IMO.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline thosava

« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »
If they actually chose Never Enough, I would wonder if it was intentionally symbolic for the mixed reactions to The Astonishing.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2016, 09:33:50 AM »
Something very logical and that no one has mentioned yet is the great possibility of them playing at least one song of SDoIT, giving the ocassion of its 15th anniversary.. When it was SFaM's 15th anniversary they actually played 4 songs from it in the encore.. My guess is they'll play more than one song, and the same goes to FII, that resembles the case of Awake (20th annyversary) of which they actually played half of the album..

Anyway, I think they don't have much more room than playing two or three songs at most from each of those albums, because the main celebration is I&W.. But even so, I think they will -or should- be playing songs from SDoIT, and one of those could definitely be TGP... since this one totally matches the "monster song" description..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »
Something very logical and that no one has mentioned yet is the great possibility of them playing at least one song of SDoIT, giving the ocassion of its 15th anniversary.. When it was SFaM's 15th anniversary they actually played 4 songs from it in the encore.. My guess is they'll play more than one song, and the same goes to FII, that resembles the case of Awake (20th annyversary) of which they actually played half of the album..

Anyway, I think they don't have much more room than playing two or three songs at most from each of those albums, because the main celebration is I&W.. But even so, I think they will -or should- be playing songs from SDoIT, and one of those could definitely be TGP... since this one totally matches the "monster song" description..

I agree! Although they have 3 album anniversaries to cover (IAW, SDOIT, SC) + a few TA songs + monster songs + TBP/STR + B-sides... they just can't fit everything into it  :-\
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #442 on: December 01, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »

I agree! Although they have 3 album anniversaries to cover (IAW, SDOIT, SC) + a few TA songs + monster songs + TBP/STR + B-sides... they just can't fit everything into it  :-\

But I was guessing that one of those "monster songs" (or probably the two of them) could be from any of those albums.. TGP and LitS, e.g., are both epic and hard songs to play for any mortal.. Besides, I'm not counting SC, because I don't know if they've ever celebrated a 10th anniversary of an album before.. I wouldn't do that, especially if you're already celebrating three anniversaries more..

Having said all that, they've done several 3 hour shows and "an evening with" so I don't think time would be a problem for them.. :lol
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline jsbru

« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
I am listening to Epica now.  And...that is actually sort of a hint too.  But probably not in the way you all think.

Never heard of them, but my own cover band has a female vocalist, so I'll be listening to this on the ride home for potential material!
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »

Anyway, I think they don't have much more room than playing two or three songs at most from each of those albums, because the main celebration is I&W.. But even so, I think they will -or should- be playing songs from SDoIT, and one of those could definitely be TGP... since this one totally matches the "monster song" description.

But I was guessing that one of those "monster songs" (or probably the two of them) could be from any of those albums.. TGP and LitS, e.g., are both epic and hard songs to play for any mortal.. Besides, I'm not counting SC, because I don't know if they've ever celebrated a 10th anniversary of an album before.. I wouldn't do that, especially if you're already celebrating three anniversaries more..

Having said all that, they've done several 3 hour shows and "an evening with" so I don't think time would be a problem for them.. :lol

DT has so much good material that, even with a 3 hour set, they can't fit all the songs they would like to  :lol
As an example, I remember Petrucci saying they wanted to include Only a Matter of Time on the AFTR tour, but couldn't because they were already playing too much stuff  :'(

Offline jsbru

« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »

I don't think that's a terrible guess, but it's not necessarily a "crowd pleaser," and MM said he was transcribing two "monster" tracks.  We're not sure if "monster" means "longer," but if it does, he would not have to transcribe that one.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »

I don't think that's a terrible guess, but it's not necessarily a "crowd pleaser," and MM said he was transcribing two "monster" tracks.  We're not sure if "monster" means "longer," but if it does, he would not have to transcribe that one.

I would guess he doesn't need to transcribe ANTR as well since that was a track to perform on his audition.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »
The opener is definitely a monster track.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »

The Glass Prison pleaseee

Offline thosava

« Reply #449 on: December 01, 2016, 02:58:14 PM »

A Change of Seasons please!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #450 on: December 01, 2016, 02:58:31 PM »
DT is covering Extreme's (It's A) Monster?!?!?!?!?!   :metal :metal :metal :metal

:lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #451 on: December 01, 2016, 02:58:43 PM »
TMoLS ?

Offline jsbru

« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
I guess there's two ways to take that new information.

1) Either there's three "monster" tracks total during the show (one as the opener that DT has been playing "recently" that MM doesn't need to transcribe, and two later in the show that he does), or

2) "Recently" includes stuff from before MM joined the band.

It's not TCOT because bosk said nothing from BC&SL that he remembers, and he'd obviously remember that one.  But it could be another "monster" track from that time period that MM has yet to play, but that has some "crowd pleaser" cred.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jsbru

« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
I guess there's a third possibility...MM for some reason needs to "transcribe" a song that he already has played but has not necessarily "transcribed."  But I find that unlikely if it's a song he's played live, so...

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
I would say it's one of the epics they've played live with him, like IT, BAI or even Outcry