Author Topic: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!  (Read 148560 times)

Offline Polarbear

Re: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2016, 02:43:05 AM »
This is also something i'd definitely go to see:

Set: 1
1. The Glass Prison
2. Afterlife
3. Bridges in the Sky
4. Misunderstood
5. Endless Sacrifice
6. Lines in the Sand
7. Fatal Tragedy
8. One Last Time
9. Finally Free

Set: 2
1. I&W in it's entirety
2. The Killing Hand
3. Hollow Years
4. Funeral For a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding
5. Raise The Knife

Encore:
1. Eve/Hells Kitchen Medley
2. A Change of Seasons

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2016, 04:40:15 AM »
This is also something i'd definitely go to see:

Set: 1
1. The Glass Prison
2. Afterlife
3. Bridges in the Sky
4. Misunderstood
5. Endless Sacrifice
6. Lines in the Sand
7. Fatal Tragedy
8. One Last Time
9. Finally Free

Set: 2
1. I&W in it's entirety
2. The Killing Hand
3. Hollow Years
4. Funeral For a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding
5. Raise The Knife

Encore:
1. Eve/Hells Kitchen Medley
2. A Change of Seasons

No cover, please!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
Definitely no covers or medleys either  :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »
While I love the art on that poster, I wouldn't think about seeing this concert unless I know what the rest of the set looks like. A new song or two might make it worth it.

They probably have to do this to finance the next album though.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2016, 11:57:10 AM »
reading some of Bosk's posts here, I think they'll be adding at least one song they've never ever played live before, and all the songs on your setlist have been played live by them at some point. That makes me think more of The Bigger Picture and Surrender to Reason. Also, I think they might add at least one FII track, since it will be it's 20th anniversary  :)

I totally missed that, but you're right.. It'll be 6DoIT's 15th anniversary as well.. TGP must be in that setlist!.. :metal

And, about playing TBP and/or STR, well... there aren't more songs that they've never play live.... Except, you know... The Best of Times... but that's not happening.. Although we all want to see dat solo at least once before we die... by seeing that solo.. :lol

Octavarium is too slow and has the climax in the very end. It's 5 minutes of intro, then a slow acoustic piece and when it really start, it's "just" the Medicate section, not exactly a great opener.

You don't simply define that amazing section with those trivial words.. :police:

Maybe they'll come out and open up with In the Name of God. :metal

:omg: I was just thinking that the other day in the bus.. You read my mind..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
Clever thought. I wonder if they ever already lowered a song to make it easier for JLB?

They have never. And I hope they never do, it never sounds good on songs that are as intricate and have as many key changes as DT's. JLB makes the appropriate melody changes within the key if it's out of range.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
Clever thought. I wonder if they ever already lowered a song to make it easier for JLB?

They have never. And I hope they never do, it never sounds good on songs that are as intricate and have as many key changes as DT's. JLB makes the appropriate melody changes within the key if it's out of range.

At least he tries as well, unlike most bands I've seen. They either don't bother or put out the mic for most hard parts.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
reading some of Bosk's posts here, I think they'll be adding at least one song they've never ever played live before, and all the songs on your setlist have been played live by them at some point. That makes me think more of The Bigger Picture and Surrender to Reason. Also, I think they might add at least one FII track, since it will be it's 20th anniversary  :)

I totally missed that, but you're right.. It'll be 6DoIT's 15th anniversary as well.. TGP must be in that setlist!.. :metal

And, about playing TBP and/or STR, well... there aren't more songs that they've never play live.... Except, you know... The Best of Times... but that's not happening.. Although we all want to see dat solo at least once before we die... by seeing that solo.. :lol

:lol TBOT has one of the most amazing Petrucci solos ever, but, besides the solo and the Rush-like intro, I don't really like the song that much. To me, it sounds like one of those moments where MP wanted to fit all his lyrics into a song, so they had to make it longer and longer to make room for them to fit. It sounds forced and anti climatic. Also, the lyrics aren't that great, imo.
... even though, after all that, we get THAT solo  :biggrin:

The other songs they haven't played live, if I'm not mistaken, are Don't Look Past Me and Raw Dog, but seeing TBP and STR is more likely :laugh:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »
:lol TBOT has one of the most amazing Petrucci solos ever, but, besides the solo and the Rush-like intro, I don't really like the song that much. To me, it sounds like one of those moments where MP wanted to fit all his lyrics into a song, so they had to make it longer and longer to make room for them to fit. It sounds forced and anti climatic. Also, the lyrics aren't that great, imo.

The other songs they haven't played live, if I'm not mistaken, are Don't Look Past Me and Raw Dog, but seeing TBP and STR is more likely :laugh:

Yeah, I don't like it so much either.. I mean, not as I like the rest of the songs on that album.. :heart

But I meant that that's the song that we know they won't ever play, unless MP comes back for a special show or something like that..

I don't see them playing DLPM or Raw Dog either, so I'm with you in that too..

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
Outcry
Constant Motion
Surrender to Reason
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Octavarium

--------intermission-----------

The Killing Hand
-
The Gift of Music
A Better Life
Three Days
Moment of Betrayal
-
Pull Me Under
Another Day
Take the Time
Surrounded
Metropolis Part 1
Under A Glass Moon
Wait For Sleep
Learning to Live

----encore-----
Erotomania
Voices
The Silent Man

....Dammit now I really wanna see them open with Outcry

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »

Yeah, I don't like it so much either.. I mean, not as I like the rest of the songs on that album.. :heart

But I meant that that's the song that we know they won't ever play, unless MP comes back for a special show or something like that..

I don't see them playing DLPM or Raw Dog either, so I'm with you in that too..

My bet is that MP will play the song with his Shattered Fortress thing and that'll be it. Hope he gets a guitarist that is able to make the solo justice or he'll be hated for all eternity  :lol

....Dammit now I really wanna see them open with Outcry

Indeed. Outcry is one of my favorite songs from ADTOE and would love to see them bring it back to the set

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2016, 05:08:04 PM »
I would love to see them open with Don't look past me.

Option 2: Just let me breathe.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »

My bet is that MP will play the song with his Shattered Fortress thing and that'll be it. Hope he gets a guitarist that is able to make the solo justice or he'll be hated for all eternity  :lol

My guess at this point would be Eric Gillette.  His style is just like Petrucci's, and he has the chops to play the 12-step material.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
Jim Gilette.

*drops mic*
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »

My guess at this point would be Eric Gillette.  His style is just like Petrucci's, and he has the chops to play the 12-step material.

I would say Eric and Diejo Tejeida will be part of it. Not sure about the bassist or the vocalist, though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
Who is Eric Gilette?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
Who is Eric Gilette?

The Petrucci clone from... I mean... the guitarist for the new Neal Morse band  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2016, 07:39:48 PM »
Ok thanks. I had never heard of him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »
Going back to the possible setlists, I remember reading an interview with James where he said he wanted the band to play TTT, Disappear and TMOLS. Do you think any of the last two will make it to the set? Either one would be a great choice, I think  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2016, 08:33:22 PM »
The Ministry of Lost Souls is great to play if you want to put the audience to sleep.  That song is too long and too plodding; it just doesn't work live.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2016, 08:50:46 PM »
The Ministry of Lost Souls is great to play if you want to put the audience to sleep.  That song is too long and too plodding; it just doesn't work live.

I like the song  :lol but I do get your point. What about Repentance? They only played it once, doesn't require too much effort from James, and the song is actually very cool. I imagine they will include at least one song from SC for it's 10 years and, if you remove all the samples from the end, it isn't that long  :biggrin:

Offline ToT-147

« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2016, 09:44:56 PM »
Going back to the possible setlists, I remember reading an interview with James where he said he wanted the band to play TTT, Disappear and TMOLS. Do you think any of the last two will make it to the set? Either one would be a great choice, I think  :)

Wow, do you have the link to that interview?.. I couldn't find it..

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2016, 09:48:47 PM »

It took me a while to really get into that song. Now, I love the solo and I love the lyrical content, but you're right about the momentum. It's not the best choice for a live song.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »
I think if Ministry had a more smooth middle section and a less....I dunno....direct intro, it would be great. I really like the vocal sections and the music behind it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »

Wow, do you have the link to that interview?.. I couldn't find it..

If I remember correctly, it was from last year, from the time they were playing the 30th anniversary shows, before they announced anything from TA. I remember I got excited about the posibility of those tracks being played again, but then they went full TA and didn't happen.

Couldn't find it, now, though  :-\ Guess i'll have to save the links next time I read something interesting like that on an interview. But, trust me, I'm not making this up  :lol

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »

Ok thanks, I understand your point of view.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2016, 12:50:56 AM »
Yes, FII will be represented.  No, there will not be any covers.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2016, 01:09:51 AM »
It would be nice to hear Peruvian Skies again, or even New Millenium. Break out the stick!

Offline thosava

« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2016, 02:00:16 AM »

Am i then allowed to ask if the album "A Change of Seasons" is represented?   :angel:

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2016, 02:10:01 AM »

Phewww! I was afraid for a minute or two. Thanks for the clarification.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Mladen

« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2016, 03:06:35 AM »
I'd kill to see The Ministry of lost souls live.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2016, 04:19:26 AM »

Am i then allowed to ask if the album "A Change of Seasons" is represented?   :angel:

Trick question. Let's see if he falls for it.  :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2016, 04:28:37 AM »

He'd probably answer "yes, you're allowed"  ;D

Anyway, to anyone going crazy over the possible shock opener: maybe it's just Our New World. It's not entirely out of this world to kick the set up with a short rocker off the latest album. Then I'm all for being surprised with a badass epic as first song  :coolio
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline thosava

« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2016, 04:47:50 AM »

He'd probably answer "yes, you're allowed"  ;D

Anyway, to anyone going crazy over the possible shock opener: maybe it's just Our New World. It's not entirely out of this world to kick the set up with a short rocker off the latest album. Then I'm all for being surprised with a badass epic as first song  :coolio

It could be. But my guess is if they are playing songs from The Astonishing, that they will play them in order, like an Astonishing Suite. (Like they did with SFAM on the Along for the Ride tour.)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »
They're going to play all of the Astonishing but in a completely wrong order that makes no sense.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。