Author Topic: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!  (Read 148504 times)

Offline Darkstarshades

Re: DT to play the whole I&W in full next year!
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
I actually don't know why he skips the word Stealing tho, I've seen guys sing it and say it with no issues at all.

As for Take The Time, that thing is incredibly intense to sing, clearly a song that was written with no singer in mind (just a style)
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »
Should be interesting to see which Astonishing songs make it on to the set with them going for a set list of the whole catalogue. 

It isn't the "whole catalog."  They are representing quite a bit of it.  But they aren't representing every single album, and aren't trying to.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
You know what I meant, fool. :P

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2016, 07:13:25 PM »
UltraDT concert.
Every single song performed.
Around 20 hours-long supershow with everysingle imaginable guest!
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2016, 07:14:35 PM »
You know what I meant, fool. :P
No, actually, I thought maybe I misspoke and you interpreted my prior post as "they are going to play something from each album to represent the entire catalog," so I was just clarifying.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
Haha, gotcha.  :tup :tup

This might be better suited for the DVD thread, but if they are going to do a live DVD from this touring cycle, I'd rather see one from next year with all of I&W, some of TA and other miscellaneous songs.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
I'd rather see both, actually.  :)

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
I was thinking of having a DVD with the full TA performance and the 3 encores, as well as an entire I&W show.

Nightwish is doing something like that, they're launching two concerts in one dvd release.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
Should be interesting to see which Astonishing songs make it on to the set with them going for a set list of the whole catalogue. 

It isn't the "whole catalog."  They are representing quite a bit of it.  But they aren't representing every single album, and aren't trying to.

I know you can't/don't want to reveal too much from the setlist, but, at least, are you allowed to tell us which albums are NOT going to be represented on their setlist? And, if you can, please tell us  :biggrin:

On a side note, I'm just curious: Did you take notes or a pic from the setlist JP showed you, or you typed all you remembered after you got home? haha
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »
Bosk, did JP tell you if they will do a second leg in Canada? Again, Europe are getting a leg with a great setlist. I remember when they toured for DT12, the European tour had in my opinion a much better setlist than the one they played here. Less songs from DT12 and more old songs.
With all respect, sincerely yours

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2016, 01:15:30 AM »
Should be interesting to see which Astonishing songs make it on to the set with them going for a set list of the whole catalogue.  Our New World is the easy pick to survive, and I think A New Beginning and Three Days are likely choices as well.

I think too these are likely candidates. Our New World most likely will close the first set (or the second if they start right away with I&W), and the other two songs came down with a roar when they played it at my show.

I would assume also The Gift of Music will be there, maybe starting the show, otherwise they'll start with a standard opener like As I Am or maybe Bridges in the Sky.

The Bigger Picture must find a way somehow in the set also, crossed fingers!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2016, 01:25:07 AM »
Judging by the reaction from the live shows, A New Beginning is the most obvious choice. Plus, its the narcissistic choice for JP ;)

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2016, 01:27:59 AM »

[/quote]

This!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline V_R11

« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »
Judging by the reaction from the live shows, A New Beginning is the most obvious choice. Plus, its the narcissistic choice for JP ;)

I don't think the audience would mind hearing that solo either
Seasons change and so can I

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2016, 02:03:34 AM »

This!

Agreed! Plus Surrender to Reason.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »
The opening song is not one I would have picked in a million years as an "opener."  But that's all I'll say about that.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »
The opening song is not one I would have picked in a million years as an "opener."  But that's all I'll say about that.

:omg: :justjen

Just one little doubt: are they going to play at least one song off SDoIT or ToT that hasn't been played yet with Mangini?..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2016, 10:42:09 AM »
Pretty excited I&W is going to get the full album performance treatment. I agree with those that believe the band should tune down, even if just a half step, to make it easier for JLB to sing. The man is still a phenomenal singer, but unless you're a guy like Corey Glover or Glenn Hughes, who seem to get more range with age (how the hell does THAT happen), it's not fair to put JLB under that microscope each night. That's a tough record to sing, even in a tenor's prime.

Not sure if this tour is going beyond Europe, but if it comes stateside, it'd be a real treat.

Been a while since I have been on here. *waves at old timers*
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline jsbru

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

So we at least know that I&W will be set 2?
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jsbru

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2016, 12:41:29 PM »
This is amazing news, especially if they come to the US.  I'm probably in for some VIP tickets again.

I really thing Bigger Picture or Surrender to Reason are musts.

I'm predicting ACOS based off Mangini's tweet and because it's one that would drive fans nuts.

I think this is clearly a "throwing red meat to the base" kind of tour to sort of make up for TA (even though I don't think they need to make up for anything, as I loved this album).

With that theme, I'd think The Glass Prison has a chance.  And if they're going with some stuff Mangini's already played, we could see the appearance of some of the songs from the new "encore" they've been playing at recent shows: As I Am, Spirit Carries On.

Probably not a lot from Awake, since half of that album was played recently.  I'd be thrilled if the other "epic" Mangini was talking about was A Mind Beside Itself, though.

And Definitely ONW and ANB, and probably TGOM from Astonishing.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

I'm calling it now, it's either Hell's Kitchen or Wait For Sleep.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2016, 12:49:38 PM »
Bosk, did JP tell you if they will do a second leg in Canada? Again, Europe are getting a leg with a great setlist. I remember when they toured for DT12, the European tour had in my opinion a much better setlist than the one they played here. Less songs from DT12 and more old songs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they played the same exact setlist for all the DT12 tour (excepting a few festival dates that were just a short version of the same set + PMU). I don't know what are you talking about  ???

This!

Agreed! Plus Surrender to Reason.

This!

Octavarium maybe?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
Yeah, the emphasis on "opener" made me realize that either it's really a random song, like The Bigger Picture or Trial of Tears, or something you'd expect last, like Octavarium or A Change of Seasons.

Or maybe it's just Our New World, dunno  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
If they played The Bigger Picture, I would prefer it to be later in the show when the sound guy has all the quirks ironed out and the band is loosened up. That would be a good song to wrap up the second set, followed by two heavier encores!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »
If they played The Bigger Picture, I would prefer it to be later in the show when the sound guy has all the quirks ironed out and the band is loosened up. That would be a good song to wrap up the second set, followed by two heavier encores!

It's great to see so much love for TBP and STR here on the forum. Lots of people disliked DT12, but I was listening to it today and still love it! Those two songs are definitely highlights from it  :)

Offline jsbru

« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »
It's great to see so much love for TBP and STR here on the forum. Lots of people disliked DT12, but I was listening to it today and still love it! Those two songs are definitely highlights from it  :)

LG, TBP and STR are among some of the best songs the band has ever released.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2016, 02:28:17 PM »

I'm calling it now, it's either Hell's Kitchen or Wait For Sleep.

Interesting.  No, they aren't opening the show with either of those.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Opening with Raw Dog.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Well, now that's just plain silly.

Everybody knows Raw Dog is encore material.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »

Exactly, we all THINK that's how it'll be, which is why they'll open with it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2016, 02:35:15 PM »

:rollin

Petition for Raw Dog to open the set!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes Raw Dog? I mean, it's not their best instrumental, but it surely has really cool parts in it. I would like to see them play it at least once  :biggrin:

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »

It will be "epic."  ;)

Full performace of Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (the song) officially confirmed as the show opener.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes Raw Dog? I mean, it's not their best instrumental, but it surely has really cool parts in it. I would like to see them play it at least once  :biggrin:

No, you're not alone.. There are a lot of us who likes it.. And yeah, they should totally play it live, but if they're going to play one instrumental, I'd rather prefer it's Stream of Consciousness or Hell's Kitchen...
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2016, 06:09:17 PM »
I love Raw Dog. Love It.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol