Author Topic: Euro 2017 Winter - Images And Words and Beyond  (Read 58936 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Euro 2017 Winter - Images And Words and Beyond
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »
Little modification  :P

1. Never Enough

Never in a thousand years!  :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bokkie

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »
the amsterdam one isnt that big (5500), my first DT concert was there and it sold out (6doit tour) They played bigger venues (15000) after that also sold out so...

6doit was in Ahoy in Rotterdam wasn't it? At least that's what I remember. Also, hmh should be a bit bigger (7000 according to https://www.google.nl/amp/www.volkskrant.nl/muziek/-ziggo-dome-vult-gat-tussen-gelredome-en-ahoy~a3274701/amp?client=ms-android-google ).

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
not sure if they came back on the 6doit tour, but i'm certain they did at least one concert in HMH, as it was my first time seeing them.

Offline JRuless

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
not sure if they came back on the 6doit tour, but i'm certain they did at least one concert in HMH, as it was my first time seeing them.

8varium tour..10&11 oktober 2005 performing DSOTM..Glorious!
and most 'recently' 17 feb 2014..

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »
Ticket booked for Manchester. Staying at Travelodge Sportcity. Cheap rooms still available if anyone looking

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »
Didn't know where else to post this:

https://youtu.be/-6Qg_3YwEFo?t=499

"We can learn, from the piss!" :lol
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
Haha...that's funny.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline thedrumanimal

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
I was at the concert yesterday in my hometown Hamburg at the Mehr! Theater, my 24th concert of the band. I have never seen my favorite song of the band before - A change of seasons. So I was in heaven yesterday as you can imagine. I guess about 3.000 people attented the show.

Some infos about the concert which I think are worth mentioning here, since you guys know already nearly everything about this tour.  :lol

During the outro solo of Take the time JP played a little excerpt of one of his solo songs (I am pretty sure it was, but I dont know which one...) - I guess only few people in the audience noticed.

James announced and apologized after TDEN that he was sick. I must say that I have seen many much worse concerts of him, actually we thought he nailed nearly all of the difficult passages. Even the famous F# (now F) was spot on.

The version of Metropolis with the drum solo and the unison after the bass solo for me was a highlight of the show.

James had two spots when he talked for quite a long time. I can't remember everything he said, but me and my mates were sure we have never heard him talk for such a long time before, telling a great history from the days when they were writing the album and even when he was coming down to NY to audition. Great James moment!

I am drummer myself, and I freaking love Mangini. He is incredible to see live, such an inspiration. I love MP, he was the inspiration of my young drumming days, but for the last ten years I can tell which fill he is going to play even seconds before he actually plays it. I don't get why people would call him robotic... Groove and feel has a lot to do with ghost notes for instance... he does much more of them than MP. But of course this gets buried when playing over a PA... But I dont want to start this discussion over again. I am one of those DT fans who love both, but thinks that Mangini is NOW the better fit for this band.

JP is definately lip-synching some of his vocal parts. At one point (I think it was in TDEN) he was too far away from his mic to produce what I heard...

During WFS something happend I never witnessed before: JR hit a wrong chord!!!  :omg:  :lol

All in all, I can die happily now. Nothing more on my wishlist what I HAVE to see live from DT.  ;D ;D

I recorded Metropolis in 4k, still uploading. Will post it here when it is available in full quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmeAh0-aR1Q&feature=youtu.be

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Looks like you had a great time at the concert!  :metal

I am drummer myself, and I freaking love Mangini. He is incredible to see live, such an inspiration. I love MP, he was the inspiration of my young drumming days, but for the last ten years I can tell which fill he is going to play even seconds before he actually plays it. I don't get why people would call him robotic... Groove and feel has a lot to do with ghost notes for instance... he does much more of them than MP. But of course this gets buried when playing over a PA... But I dont want to start this discussion over again. I am one of those DT fans who love both, but thinks that Mangini is NOW the better fit for this band.

I agree 100% with this.
MP = the same old fills over and over again.
MM = the best fit for the band right now.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline CB

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2017, 01:23:24 AM »
I was at the Hamburg show as well, hat to see it a second time (after Düsseldorf) and I LOVE Hamburg.
I agree about Mangini. I like MPs drumming a lot but I think Mangini is now the better drummer for DT and he seems to get along very well with ALL the other guys in the band.
I was relieved to hear that JLBs voice wasn't affected by his illness any more. I was impressed by how he managed in Düsseldorf despite his limitations but it was great to hear how strong and secure his voice was only 3 days later, especially the high notes. Pronunciation was very good as well. I liked that he talked to the audience more than usual, they should keep that in future tours. They also should keep a solo spot for everyone. JMs was especially special, and his solo floating into the beginning of As I Am - goosebumps! There were too many highlights to mention, that show was probably my favourite DT show so far.
I had a ticket for the balcony but because I was early I got a very good standing place (only 2 not too tall guys in front of me) so I saw the 1st part of the show from there. It was a great experience to be so near to the band for the first time. During intermission I had to move to the balcony because my bad back really started to hurt, but the view from there was very good too.
The only strange thing at that evening - why was JR wearing headphones? I saw him talking to his tech on stage before the show started, technical problems with his in ears perhaps?

Looks like you had a great time at the concert!  :metal

I agree 100% with this.
MP = the same old fills over and over again.
MM = the best fit for the band right now.

Offline Öxölklöfför

• Pull my finger, I'm not afraid.
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »
I attended the show in Gothenburg yesterday. Great show! JLB:s show sounded great (for the most) and the band seemed to have fun. There were some sound issues, but nothing big.

Here's a video of Take the time from that show: https://youtu.be/ANVwMrtcpY8

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
Looks like he's sticking to the modified melody, which is good. I wish he spent a bit more time on it, it's still a bit haphazard.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:25 PM »
I like how he snuck some of his solo album stuff into the extended outro.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »
I like how he snuck some of his solo album stuff into the extended outro.

A little bit of Glasgow Kiss. Really cool he did that!

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

Story time! James is about to start talking about the past. All of a sudden we see some shadows moving in the dark. A bucket of popcorn appears on stage, and JP, JR and MM go sit around it, urging James to continue his story. At one point JP even lies down on his stomach with his head perched on his hands. He tells James that it's damn good popcorn. James finishes the story - and the bucket it's passed to the audience - and the next song is starting.

Hilarious. JP orchestrated this prank on James.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »
Ha,  that's awesome!  :corn
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »
Haha...that's great. Perfect moment for that too. JM is probably just lounging it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
That's amazing  :lol

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:24 PM »
Great prank.... would have loved to see that but I only saw them in Stockholm (thought about Gothenburg and Oslo as well).

Will be seeing them again in May on a buisnesstrip to Katowice in Poland. Already looking forward to it.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2017, 03:52:18 AM »
That looks hilarious. We need a video.  :lol

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2017, 04:12:57 AM »
I'm still questioning why James wear this pant.  :lol
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »
Thats great! Haha! I saw them in Stockholm! The concert was awesome! Really cool to see IaW, SOC, As I Am and Breaking all Illusions! Hell's Kitchen was a good addition too, one of their best instrumentals and emotional! Really great mood in that instrumental and it segued great into The Gift of Music :). I just missed the The Dark Eternal Night 'cause I were a little bit timeoptimisic :D.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »
Thats great! Haha! I saw them in Stockholm! The concert was awesome! Really cool to see   SOC, 

SOC??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CB

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
That looks hilarious. We need a video.  :lol

There's a video on Dream Theater World's Facebook page. Not good quality, but still funny.

Great that they're still in the mood for pranks!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »
Found it. And I also liked the page, somehow I wasn't aware of it. There's some funny, cool content in there.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »
I put up an extended version of the video so you see more of the beginning of it as well. I haven't found the entire beginning.

https://youtu.be/n5EgzNnwJdo

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2017, 11:12:15 PM »
I put up an extended version of the video so you see more of the beginning of it as well. I haven't found the entire beginning.

That is so cool .... thanks

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
And Myung just stands there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2017, 12:26:50 AM »

Awesome! :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2017, 06:01:18 AM »
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »

Inwardly, you know he wants to make a move for the popcorn. But if he did, he'd actually show emotion, which is an absolute no-no.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:45 AM »

Inwardly, you know he wants to make a move for the popcorn. But if he did, he'd actually show emotion, which is an absolute no-no.  :lol

This scene needs a freezeframe, followed by R Kelly, "My mind's tellin' me no...BUT MY BODY..."

Offline pcs90

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
That popcorn prank is hilarious.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I checked out a bootleg of a recent show and the jam at the end of Learning to Live was cut. Are they no longer doing it?

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2017, 10:27:21 AM »

Story time! James is about to start talking about the past. All of a sudden we see some shadows moving in the dark. A bucket of popcorn appears on stage, and JP, JR and MM go sit around it, urging James to continue his story. At one point JP even lies down on his stomach with his head perched on his hands. He tells James that it's damn good popcorn. James finishes the story - and the bucket it's passed to the audience - and the next song is starting.

Hilarious. JP orchestrated this prank on James.

That is why these guys are so special... to me at least.  How blessed are we to have them?
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2017, 01:26:37 AM »
Helsinki tomorrow! :metal I'll be there as a representative of the media.