Author Topic: Protests in NYC and traffic  (Read 532 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Protests in NYC and traffic
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:09:10 AM »
This thread is mainly for the people who spend their day in or around the city..

I have tickets to the Met tonight, and I plan on driving in from CT and parking there (the Met). How should I deal with this? Would it be wiser to just take the train in?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:41:29 AM by Chino »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Protests in NYC and traffic
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »
I usually try to avoid driving in Manhattan. However, if you're going to be finishing your time here late in the evening, it might be better to drive. After a certain time, subway times are cut in half and certain lines are suspended in some locations. Plus, I don't trust the subway in certain areas after hours.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:33:29 AM »
Chino, I realize it was "Pre-election", but I went down to MSG Monday, drove in (went down the west side) drove right down to 34th Street, parked, and I was out of the City within 15 minutes of getting to my car.   Only bad thing was due to construction I drove right through Times Square which was a zoo (they had the Election coverage stages set up there).  Parking is STEEP, though, the event parking down there is $50 (I am proud to say I haggled down to $35, but still...).

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »
Whenever my wife and I go to Lincoln Center, which is about twice a year, we always drive in (from Long Island).  It's usually not bad at all, and we find street parking just north of Lincoln Center on the sidestreets between Central Park West and Broadway/Amsterdam.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa