They weren't playing to a click then. If we don't get different singers, the show would feature nothing different from the album.
-A live presentation
-The amazing visuals
-The crowd interaction
-Extended solo on A New Beginning
-Likely, the only chance ever to have a live presentation of this album in its entirety
- Not knocking them, but they aren't exactly Iron Maiden when it comes to presentation.
- Motion pictures aren't my thing
- They aren't that amazing, but at least they aren't LSFNY visuals
- Crowd's been almost muted for years. They're more audible on BTFW atleast.
- Meh, I'd rather just listen to the album.
I love Dream Theater and The Astonishing is great, but if they don't do something really special like have other singers for the roles, then I'm not interested.
I had a blast watching Dream Theater live the 3 times I did, but the concert is a bit standard. Even the one time I saw them with Portnoy opening for Maiden. Great show, loved it, but nothing "OH MY GOD AMAZING" about it.
I guess I should also point out that I listen to live shows way more than watch them.