Author Topic: Copper Fit  (Read 1123 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Copper Fit
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:52:01 PM »
So I'm sure you guys have seen the Copper Fit commercials, whether the Knee/Elbow sleeve, or the Back belt.

Do these things help muscle pain? What is the deal? My back gets sore from work, but I can't help but be skeptical about the belt.

Anyone have any experience with these?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Copper Fit
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
So I'm sure you guys have seen the Copper Fit commercials, whether the Knee/Elbow sleeve, or the Back belt.

Do these things help muscle pain? What is the deal? My back gets sore from work, but I can't help but be skeptical about the belt.

Anyone have any experience with these?

No experience with these, so I can't comment on their effectiveness, but I too suffer from back pain. Are you white? If so, you're predisposed to not producing enough vitamin D. My doctor had me start taking 1500mg of "Calcium Citrate+D with Magnesium" per day and it's helped a lot.

Also, if you sit at a desk all day like me. One of these does wonders.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
Am I white?? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »

:lol

I also am vitamin D deficient, always assumed that was because I work a job that does not work well with sunlight, not because of my skin color. (not denying it, it makes sense)

Also, I wouldn't trust them.  Infomercial material that I feel won't do anything for you but take your money.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
I am currently a Grocery Manager for a major chain. I've been three years after spending almost 16 years as a Store Manager.  Needless to say my old body aches. Especially my back. I don't feel like I have an injury, just general soreness.
I do drink milk and have yogurt every day.  ;D

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
I drink 2-3 gallons of milk per week. Love the stuff. Doesn't seem to help with body aches/pains. :(

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »
That's s lot of milk bro. Can't you drink too much milk though?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
Enquiring minds want to know.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
I am currently a Grocery Manager for a major chain. I've been three years after spending almost 16 years as a Store Manager.  Needless to say my old body aches. Especially my back. I don't feel like I have an injury, just general soreness.
I do drink milk and have yogurt every day.  ;D
I used to be in retail management too. Walking/standing on concrete floors 50+ hours a week just isn't good for anything. You've been at it longer than me, so I'm sure you know to wear good shoes. Otherwise, I don't have a lot to offer. I'm kind of curious whether the Copper Fit actually does anything as well.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 03:56:45 PM »
That's s lot of milk bro. Can't you drink too much milk though?

I'll find out in time. Been doing that for the better part of 15 years now.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 07:08:10 PM »
I have really bad tennis elbow in both arms from years of cooking, and I use the Tommy Copper elbow sleeves daily. All I can say is that they're a lifesaver for me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 07:15:14 PM »
I have really bad tennis elbow in both arms from years of cooking, and I use the Tommy Copper elbow sleeves daily. All I can say is that they're a lifesaver for me.

Really? How do they work? How does it help? The difference was noticeable?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »
You know the little bands they have for tennis elbow? They work on compression, and that's what the sleeves to. I think the copper in the fiber is meant to keep the elasticity a bit firmer and steadier.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:49 PM »
I've been dealing with pitcher's/golfer's elbow (inside of elbow) for several months.  I finally got something called voodoo floss and it is amazing how much better it has gotten.

It's basically a large rubber band that you wrap around your arm.  It works by moving the joint/muscle around under tight compression and also restricts blood flow, so when you take it off after just a minute or two, you get a rush of fresh blood to the area which seems to help in the healing process.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.