Author Topic: Dream Theater Album Ranking by Loudwire  (Read 7202 times)

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
Re: Dream Theater Album Ranking by Loudwire
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »
What in the world is that??
Its so huge! Wow!
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
1. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
2. Images And Words
3. Scenes From A Memory
4. A Dramatic Turn of Events
5. Octavarium
6. Falling Into Infinity
7. Awake
8. Train of Thought
9. Black Clouds
10. The Astonishing
11. Dream Theater
12. Systematic Chaos
13. When Dream And Day Unite
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 01:56:20 PM »
Another one with a hard-on for Falling Into Infinity...and putting it above Awake. Oh, wait. Did you spell them both wrong and meant to switch them?   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 01:58:01 PM »
Another one with a hard-on for Falling Into Infinity...and putting it above Awake. Oh, wait. Did you spell them both wrong and meant to switch them?   :lol

I was never a blown away by Awake.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »

I was never a blown away by Awake.

Did you say that with an Italian accent?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:42 PM »
A mama mia!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »
www.loudwire.com/dream-theater-albums-ranked/

If you're too lazy to look yourselves....

13: When Dream and Day Unite
12: Falling into Infinity
11: The Astonishing
10: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
9: Black Clouds and Silver Linings
8: Octavarium
7: A Dramatic Turn of Events
6: Metropolis Part 2
5: Dream Theater
4: Systematic Chaos
3: Train of Thought
2: Awake
1: Images and Words

I'm surprised Dream Theater and SC is above SFAM.

This is really the worst 'album rankings' list I have ever seen.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline dtvoices94

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
1. Awake
2. Images & Words
3. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4. Scenes From a Memory
5. Falling into Infinity
6. The Astonishing
7. Octavarium
8. A Dramatic Turn of Events
9. Train of Thought
10. Dream Theater
11. Black Clouds & Silver Linings
12. When Dream and Day Unite
13. Systematic Chaos

Wow, do they have a lot of great albums.  I always put Awake at #1 because I got into DT shortly after Images was released.  At the time I couldn't wait for Awake to be released and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.  That was "my" album and sadly the last with Kev. 
Spots 2-4 are almost interchangeable as they're that good to me. 
The Astonishing and Falling Into Infinity could be swapped although I really like Trial of Tears and Peruvian Skies.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »
Tell me about it. Was a really interesting list, even if I disagreed with a lot of it.  :loser: :facepalm:

And Awake is a fantastic album. Felt a lot more keyboard presence in that album.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »
Oh, what the heck...  Okay, here is the correct ranking:

1.  Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence:  Wonderful album.  It does have one song I don't care for at all and skip every time.  So from the standpoint of consistency, part of me feels like I should rank the much more consistent ADTOE or s/t above this one.  But the title song is a wonderful beast of a masterpiece.  And every song that is not named Blind Faith is up there among my favorites.  With such a huge quantity of music that is so, so good, I can't not rank this one at the top.
2.  Scenes from a Memory:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, although plenty of songs by themselves would be just "okay" by DT standards, this is definitely a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  The band hit it out of the park with this album.
3.  A Dramatic Turn of Events:  So consistently good from start to finish.  Hardly a moment on this entire album that I don't thoroughly enjoy.  I could easily rank this as my #1 for the consistent high quality.  It's just that its highs don't reach quite as high as those from Six Degrees.  But I am still astonished that the band could put out something this good so late in their career.
4.  Dream Theater:  And continuing my thoughts from ADTOE, this one is right behind it, and there are some days where I might like it just a bit more.  Outstanding continuation.  If only the drums were mixed better on these two albums.
5.  Images & Words:  This album is SO inconsistent.  But more than half of it is amazing.  And the highs on this album are among the best the band has ever done.  This is the album that made me a fan back in 1992, and for good reason.
6.  Awake:  This one is close behind Images & Words, despite sounding so different.  The band's heavier, darker side suited them well for this album.  Scarred, The Mirror, and Lie are some of the best things the band has done.
7.  Octavarium:  Song for song, there are better albums that are ranked lower.  But the title track is gorgeous.  That, the overall concept, and strong songs TROAE, Panic Attack, and Sacrificed Sons really carry this album.
8.  Systematic Chaos:  Like Images & Words and Octavarium, a very inconsistent album.  It is about 2/3 an album of amazing, and about 1/3 of an album that I never listen to.  But the amazing parts get this album (in its abbreviated form) a LOT of spins from me.
9.  Falling Into Infinity:  This album was a slow grower.  Songs like LITS and ToT take it over the top.  Also has one of my favorite ballads, TAMP.  Rounding that out with other quality songs like New Millennium, Peruvian Skies, Just Let Me Breathe, and Anna Lee, this is a fine album, even if it takes awhile to appreciate. 
10.  Black Clouds:  So much promise.  But, really, the only songs I can say I truly "love" and listen to with any regularity, ANTR, TSF, and TCOT, which is only half of the six songs on the album.  That drags it down a bit.  I still like it.  And the covers disk is quite good as well.  But having so much of the album be skipable drags this one down near the bottom of the discography.
11.  Train of Thought:  On any given day, this could rank ahead of BCSL and maybe even FII and SC as well.  Lots to like here.  But I just don't connect as strongly with this album as I do with others.  And there are long musical passages in some of the songs that do not hold my interest.  Still a solid album.  But since I tend to favor dark and heavy, it is interesting that DT's two darkest and heaviest albums rank near the bottom of their discography.
12.  WDADU:  I'll give the standard criticisms: The production and the vocals really drag this one down for me.  But just because the criticisms are standard doesn't mean they are wrong.  Still, this album shows a lot of promise.  There are some really good songs.  And there are some really good moments in others.  In a way, this album is typical of debut albums: It really shows a lot of the seeds of what would later make the band great, but it also shows that they were young and had not yet matured in the songwriting process.  Still, good initial effort.  I am thankful we have live versions of all these songs with James so that I can truly enjoy them.

Unranked:  The Astonishing.  Really hard to rank.  I like it.  A lot.  But I don't love it.  And the length alone makes it an album that will likely start to fall off in terms of number/frequency of listening once the next album drops.  As much as I am currently still enjoying it, my gut tells me it will not have strong staying power.  I could see it being somewhere in the 7-10 range.  Definitely above Black Clouds.  But other than that, only time will tell.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Blind Faythe

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
Oh, what the heck...  Okay, here is the correct ranking:

1.  Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence:  Wonderful album.  It does have one song I don't care for at all and skip every time.  So from the standpoint of consistency, part of me feels like I should rank the much more consistent ADTOE or s/t above this one.  But the title song is a wonderful beast of a masterpiece.  And every song that is not named Blind Faith is up there among my favorites.  With such a huge quantity of music that is so, so good, I can't not rank this one at the top.
2.  Scenes from a Memory:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, although plenty of songs by themselves would be just "okay" by DT standards, this is definitely a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  The band hit it out of the park with this album.
3.  A Dramatic Turn of Events:  So consistently good from start to finish.  Hardly a moment on this entire album that I don't thoroughly enjoy.  I could easily rank this as my #1 for the consistent high quality.  It's just that its highs don't reach quite as high as those from Six Degrees.  But I am still astonished that the band could put out something this good so late in their career.
4.  Dream Theater:  And continuing my thoughts from ADTOE, this one is right behind it, and there are some days where I might like it just a bit more.  Outstanding continuation.  If only the drums were mixed better on these two albums.
5.  Images & Words:  This album is SO inconsistent.  But more than half of it is amazing.  And the highs on this album are among the best the band has ever done.  This is the album that made me a fan back in 1992, and for good reason.
6.  Awake:  This one is close behind Images & Words, despite sounding so different.  The band's heavier, darker side suited them well for this album.  Scarred, The Mirror, and Lie are some of the best things the band has done.
7.  Octavarium:  Song for song, there are better albums that are ranked lower.  But the title track is gorgeous.  That, the overall concept, and strong songs TROAE, Panic Attack, and Sacrificed Sons really carry this album.
8.  Systematic Chaos:  Like Images & Words and Octavarium, a very inconsistent album.  It is about 2/3 an album of amazing, and about 1/3 of an album that I never listen to.  But the amazing parts get this album (in its abbreviated form) a LOT of spins from me.
9.  Falling Into Infinity:  This album was a slow grower.  Songs like LITS and ToT take it over the top.  Also has one of my favorite ballads, TAMP.  Rounding that out with other quality songs like New Millennium, Peruvian Skies, Just Let Me Breathe, and Anna Lee, this is a fine album, even if it takes awhile to appreciate. 
10.  Black Clouds:  So much promise.  But, really, the only songs I can say I truly "love" and listen to with any regularity, ANTR, TSF, and TCOT, which is only half of the six songs on the album.  That drags it down a bit.  I still like it.  And the covers disk is quite good as well.  But having so much of the album be skipable drags this one down near the bottom of the discography.
11.  Train of Thought:  On any given day, this could rank ahead of BCSL and maybe even FII and SC as well.  Lots to like here.  But I just don't connect as strongly with this album as I do with others.  And there are long musical passages in some of the songs that do not hold my interest.  Still a solid album.  But since I tend to favor dark and heavy, it is interesting that DT's two darkest and heaviest albums rank near the bottom of their discography.
12.  WDADU:  I'll give the standard criticisms: The production and the vocals really drag this one down for me.  But just because the criticisms are standard doesn't mean they are wrong.  Still, this album shows a lot of promise.  There are some really good songs.  And there are some really good moments in others.  In a way, this album is typical of debut albums: It really shows a lot of the seeds of what would later make the band great, but it also shows that they were young and had not yet matured in the songwriting process.  Still, good initial effort.  I am thankful we have live versions of all these songs with James so that I can truly enjoy them.

Unranked:  The Astonishing.  Really hard to rank.  I like it.  A lot.  But I don't love it.  And the length alone makes it an album that will likely start to fall off in terms of number/frequency of listening once the next album drops.  As much as I am currently still enjoying it, my gut tells me it will not have strong staying power.  I could see it being somewhere in the 7-10 range.  Definitely above Black Clouds.  But other than that, only time will tell.

Nice write up! I love your explanations or why each album bad that spot. But why do you dislike Blind Faith? :(

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »
Bosk's is definitely more along the lines of being correct impressive. I love that he put Six Degrees first. For me, the only thing that tops that album is Images and Words but it's by a narrow margin. I'm shocked to see ADTOE above Images. Interesting selection.

*Just as a rule, any list that has Falling Into Infinity higher than Images, Awake, Scenes, or Six Degrees is automatically disqualified.

*Any list that has WDADU above anything except Falling Into Infinity, Systematic Chaos, or Black Clouds is automatically disqualified.

*If at least three out of four of the follow (Images, Awake, Scenes, Six Degrees) aren't in the Top 5, the list is disqualified.

Of course, I'm just being facetious.

:metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
Oh, what the heck...  Okay, here is the correct ranking...

LOL NO

Offline Blind Faythe

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:59 PM »
I'm also quite new for Dream Theater so I can't say this is the final, but for now...

1. The Astonishing - The album that got me into Dream Theater. This rock opera flows very smoothly and there were unexpected turns like that moment Darius "killed" Faythe! DX
So dramatic.

2. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - I love Blind Faith a lot. :)
Six Degrees is a very emotional song. The ending brings me to tears and contains a lot of powerful songs.

3. Awake - Love the keyboard's throughout and it contains Space Dye Vest.

4. Metropolis Part 2 - I just realized it was a concept album and realized that there were more instrumental sections and longer songs than The Astonishing.

5. Images and Words - As my dad said, a Dream Theater classic.

6. Systematic Chaos - I love their first and last song a lot.

7. Black Clouds and Silver Linings - A really dark album, heart wrenching to listen to.....

9. A Dramatic Turn of Events - You know, this album is fantastic. I love Outcry to death and can possibly be my new favorite from this album. The ending, "Trapped in a kingdom of fear while our children die" and the outro just sends shockwaves throughout my body. Super song.

10. Falling into Infinity - Has one of my favorites Trial of Tears and Hell's Kitchen. Both have fantastic climaxes and ending.

11. Train of Thought - A very heavy album. Not that melodious as Awake though in my opinion.

12. Dream Theater 12 - Shorter songs while keeping that complexity. I always find myself being in awe of the songs ending and instrumental sections.

13. When Dream and Day Unite - Production slips it. Other than production, fantastic album.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:07:29 PM by Blind Faythe »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »
It took a few listens before The Astonishing clicked with me. That whole second disc is an emotional roller coaster.

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
My tiers are like this:

Tier One: Images, Awake, Six Degrees, DT12
Tier Two: Octavarium, FII, Scenes
Tier Three: TOT, ADTOE
Tier Four: Chaos, Clouds
Tier Five: WDADU, Astonishing

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »
3: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4: Metropolis Part 2
5: Falling into Infinity
6: When Dream and Day Unite
7: Octavarium
8: Train of Thought
9: Systematic Chaos
10: The Astonishing
11: Black Clouds and Silver Linings
12: A Dramatic Turn of Events
13: Dream Theater

To be fair, I listened to the Astonishing and BC&SL once each.  I've never listened to ADTOE or DT.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:04:43 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2016, 07:16:46 AM »

This honestly boggles my mind. Opinions and such, but I find ADToE ridiculously uneven. Starts off good with Backs of Angels, but then three clunkers in a row. BMUBMD is easily a bottom five song, I liked Lost Not Forgotten better when it was called Under a Glass Moon, and while This is the Life is a nice song, it's a snoozer for me. Then they come in with the best song of the Mangini era, Bridges in the Sky. Outcry is another good one, but it had to grow on me. FFH is actually really good, but I don't listen to it that often. Breaking All Illusions is like the Scarred of this album; most people I hear absolutely adore this song, and I just don't see it, another snoozer. Then it ends pretty strong with Beneath the Surface. Very up and down album. The first half is so boring, and while the B-Side has a good amount of good songs, one of the longest songs is a complete snoozer.

On the other side, there's Images and Words. I don't mind the placement (#5 is a fine ranking), but the to say it's "SO inconsistent" is weird to me. I&W is one of the most consistently good albums I've ever heard. So much so, that literally every song on the album has been my favorite album track at one point or another.

But, again, opinions and stuff.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2016, 07:19:24 AM »
3: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
4: Metropolis Part 2
5: Falling into Infinity
6: When Dream and Day Unite
7: Octavarium
8: Train of Thought
10: Systematic Chaos
11: The Astonishing
12: Black Clouds and Silver Linings
13: A Dramatic Turn of Events
14: Dream Theater

To be fair, I listened to the Astonishing and BC&SL once each.  I've never listened to ADTOE or DT.

Now this is a ranking I can get on board with. It has all the albums placed in the general area they should be....

Except there's no #9 :laugh:
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2016, 07:48:07 AM »
Except there's no #9 :laugh:

And it's a ranking based on never hearing two of the albums and only hearing two other albums once.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2016, 08:11:31 AM »
I should say, I did make an attempt to listen to ADTOE.  After about 8 minutes, I couldn't remember a single thing I'd just heard.  That's how little it connected with me, so I turned it off.  Rest assured though, if I did listen to them, in comparison to my feelings for all the other albums that have a lot more history for me, I can safely say they wouldn't move up the ranking any.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »
Putting ADTOE and DT12 above I&W and Awake ... no.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2016, 08:33:44 AM »
I should say, I did make an attempt to listen to ADTOE.  After about 8 minutes, I couldn't remember a single thing I'd just heard.  That's how little it connected with me, so I turned it off.  Rest assured though, if I did listen to them, in comparison to my feelings for all the other albums that have a lot more history for me, I can safely say they wouldn't move up the ranking any.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't matter to me what your rankings are or if you have heard all the albums or not. It just seemed weird to rank albums you've never heard. It also seems weird to assume a new album by DT couldn't top some of the older ones you love without listening to the album. I mean, if you listen to it and it's not your cup of tea, then yeah, that makes sense. But if you haven't listened, how would you possibly know?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »
You're right, I should have said that I can safely say I suspect that they wouldn't move up the ranking any.  I get what you're saying, and it's possible that I'd like them.  But the older ones were such a huge part of the blueprint that made up my formative years as a guitar player, that DT could resurrect Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham, and John Entwistle, make a new album with them that had ten 4 minute and 30 second songs about drinking, f*cking, and partying, and only then would a new DT album have a chance at surpassing the classics, for me.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
You're right, I should have said that I can safely say I suspect that they wouldn't move up the ranking any.  I get what you're saying, and it's possible that I'd like them.  But the older ones were such a huge part of the blueprint that made up my formative years as a guitar player, that DT could resurrect Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham, and John Entwistle, make a new album with them that had ten 4 minute and 30 second songs about drinking, f*cking, and partying, and only then would a new DT album have a chance at surpassing the classics, for me.

:lol

I feel you dude. While I hold their recent output in higher regard than you seem to, I get it. I discovered DT in high school when I was absolutely obsessed with guitar and those first albums hold a special place in my heart. Funny enough for me, ToT was their new album when I became a fan, from there I went backwards to discover I&W, Awake, SFAM, SDOIT, etc...

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 10:43:09 AM »
1. Scenes from a Memory
2. Images and Words
3. Awake
4. A Dramatic Turn of events
5. Falling into Infinity
6. Train of Thought
7. Systematic Chaos
8. Six Degrees of inner turbulence
9. Octavarium
10. Black Clouds & silver linings
11. The Astonishing
12. Dream Theater
13. When Dream and Day Unite
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2016, 12:18:39 PM »
01: Scenes From a Memory
02: Images and Words
03: Octavarium
04: The Astonishing
05: A Dramatic Turn of Events
06: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
07: Awake
08: Train of Thought
09: Black Clouds & Silver Linings
10: Dream Theater
11: When Dream and Day Unite
12: Systematic Chaos
13: Falling Into Infinity
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »
I'll join in on the fun

1. Images and Words
2. Awake
3. A Dramatic Turn of Events
4. Scenes from a Memory
5. The Astonishing
6. Black Clouds and Silver Linings
7. Octavarium
8. Dream Theater
9. Train of Thought
10. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance
11. Systematic Chaos
12. Falling Into Infinity
13. When Dream and Day Unite

It's a muddy middle though that could change based on mood and timing, but the tops and bottoms are pretty solid for me.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather listen to WDADU than the last two albums.  :p

1.  SDOIT
2.  I&W
3.  SFAM
4.  Awake
5.  FII
6.  ToT
7.  ADTOE
8.  8VM
9.  SC
10.  BC&SL
11.  WDADU
12.  DT12
13.  TA
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
The Astonishing worst :rollin

Nah opinions opinions.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 12:21:13 AM »
1- I&W
2- Awake
3- SFAM
4- SDOIT
5- FII
6- ToT
7- 8VM
8- ADTOE
9- BC&SL
10- SC
11- WDADU
12- DT12
13- TA

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:04 AM »
Rankings? Eh, if you're forcing me to!

1. Awake
2. Six Degrees
3. Scenes
4. Images and Words
5. Falling into Infinity
6. TA
7. 8vm
8. WDADU
9. ADTOE
10. ToT
11. BCSL
12. SC
13. DT12

Most of those are subject to minor changes depending on my mood and whether or not I just ate at Chipotle.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2016, 04:49:52 AM »
Album rankings again? Sure, why not..

1. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
2. Awake
3. Images and Words
4. Scenes From a Memory
(A Change of Seasons EP)

5. Octavarium
6. Train of Thought
7. Systematic Chaos
8. Falling Into Infinity
9. A Dramatic Turn of Events
10. Black Clouds & Silver Linings
11. The Astonishing
12. When Dream and Day Unite
13. Dream Theater

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2016, 07:25:12 AM »

1. Awake
2. Images and Words
3. Scenes
4. Falling into Infinity
5. Six Degrees
6. ToT
7. TA
8. ADTOE
9. DT12
10. 8vm
11. WDADU
12. SC
13. BCSL
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael