Poll

What are the 3 best songs on Clockwork Angels?

Caravan
71 (12.2%)
BU2B
46 (7.9%)
Clockwork Angels
85 (14.6%)
The Anarchist
44 (7.6%)
Carnies
19 (3.3%)
Halo Effect
11 (1.9%)
Seven Cities of Gold
21 (3.6%)
The Wreckers
46 (7.9%)
Headlong Flight
87 (14.9%)
BU2B2
4 (0.7%)
Wish Them Well
16 (2.7%)
The Garden
132 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 199

Author Topic: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst  (Read 493601 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Rush v. Dirk, Pratt, & Lerxst
« Reply #7350 on: February 21, 2024, 10:12:11 AM »
I love History of the World: Part 1

Same.  I tried watching the second one that came out a few years ago and turned it off after about 20 minutes.  It was bloody awful.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7351 on: February 21, 2024, 10:23:12 AM »
I love History of the World: Part 1

Same.  I tried watching the second one that came out a few years ago and turned it off after about 20 minutes.  It was bloody awful.

Thankfully, I did not watch it. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #7352 on: February 21, 2024, 10:42:20 PM »
Dunno if they've been mentioned here before or not, but I just happened to come across this video of the drum solo from the tribute band "The Rush Experience" - pretty impressive, especially given that he has the electronic kit in the back on the rotating platform. Didn't expect that from a tribute band!  :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcndVE5S08

I did check out a few other videos afterward. Looks like they used to be known as The Omega Concern and had a different guitarist. Props to them for doing it as a trio, although "Geddy"'s vocals aren't as strong as the real Geddy, or at the very least they don't cut through the mix as well. Nonetheless I'm still impressed.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #7353 on: February 22, 2024, 07:35:45 AM »
Dunno if they've been mentioned here before or not, but I just happened to come across this video of the drum solo from the tribute band "The Rush Experience" - pretty impressive, especially given that he has the electronic kit in the back on the rotating platform. Didn't expect that from a tribute band!  :o

I did check out a few other videos afterward. Looks like they used to be known as The Omega Concern and had a different guitarist. Props to them for doing it as a trio, although "Geddy"'s vocals aren't as strong as the real Geddy, or at the very least they don't cut through the mix as well. Nonetheless I'm still impressed.

Speaking of Tribute bands: we are going to see Thunderhead in St. Louis in March. I've seen a little of them (couldn't make it for the entire show a couple of years ago but they are indeed quite talented. They are a 3 piece and pull off their parts very well.

That said, I've always thought that being part of a Tribute band is a waste of talent but to each their own.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7354 on: February 22, 2024, 01:12:57 PM »

Speaking of Tribute bands: we are going to see Thunderhead in St. Louis in March. I've seen a little of them (couldn't make it for the entire show a couple of years ago but they are indeed quite talented. They are a 3 piece and pull off their parts very well.

That said, I've always thought that being part of a Tribute band is a waste of talent but to each their own.

It's big money, even if it isn't pure artistic creation.  Up this way (the northeast) tribute bands are a big deal.  "Get The Led Out" plays the same venue as Dream Theater has played for the last 18 tours (the Oakdale).   I've seen The Musical Box each of the last four tours they've done, and they've sold out every show.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #7355 on: March 07, 2024, 08:21:15 PM »
Bless those YouTube algorithms…..

Acoustic cover of “Tom Sawyer” that is most amazing…..

https://youtu.be/tU-FiFkwY3g?si=zZZzKAxzodWwhzJs
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7356 on: March 09, 2024, 02:06:50 AM »
An hour of Geddy's appearance at Massey Hall, together with Alex, on his book tour. A pro-shot video from CBC Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tm2oFOEtV0

I could listen to their banter forever.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #7357 on: March 09, 2024, 12:43:20 PM »
I thought I might share this.  I’m in a barcade in Cleveland and I found a Rush pinball machine.  It doesn’t work though!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #7358 on: March 09, 2024, 09:39:32 PM »
I thought I might share this.  I’m in a barcade in Cleveland and I found a Rush pinball machine.  It doesn’t work though!!!

Nice!  Supposedly, there are a few in the OC.  There's a "locator" at the manufacturer's website.  I haven't gotten around to actually trying to find one.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #7359 on: March 16, 2024, 07:26:47 PM »
An hour of Geddy's appearance at Massey Hall, together with Alex, on his book tour. A pro-shot video from CBC Music.

This is on a whole other level from the fan shot video that's out there from Massey Hall.

Offline coz

« Reply #7360 on: March 17, 2024, 08:37:24 PM »

Thanks Zydar.  That was a treat to watch.  :tup
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7361 on: March 20, 2024, 07:58:20 AM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #7362 on: March 20, 2024, 09:51:27 AM »
Totally understandable. I just hope they still have interest in create new music together.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #7363 on: March 22, 2024, 09:08:25 AM »
I wonder if they might ever do, like, a mini-tour where they play two nights in Toronto, New York, and Los Angeles over a couple of weeks or something. Totally makes sense why Alex doesn't want to do a full tour though. Being 70 and just sitting around in random city hotels sounds kind of terrible. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #7364 on: March 22, 2024, 09:55:23 AM »
I could see some sort of residency.  Obviously, they should do whatever it is they want to do, but my personal preference would be that they leave the legacy as it is.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #7365 on: March 23, 2024, 07:01:04 AM »
I wonder if they might ever do, like, a mini-tour where they play two nights in Toronto, New York, and Los Angeles over a couple of weeks or something. Totally makes sense why Alex doesn't want to do a full tour though. Being 70 and just sitting around in random city hotels sounds kind of terrible. :lol

This would be ideal to me. Maybe somewhere between 8 and 10 shows spanning the States but they need to hit the mid-west!  :biggrin:

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #7366 on: March 29, 2024, 08:31:21 PM »
Alex says he has no interest in touring.

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/alex-lifeson-rush-reunion-not-interested/

He's been that way. Apparently the hints weren't working. One-offs /special events still on the table.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #7367 on: April 13, 2024, 10:33:55 PM »

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #7368 on: April 14, 2024, 03:38:05 PM »
This guy is absolutely amazing, what a great tribute to G.U.P. Has a great voice too. Thanks for the link..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP