Author Topic: Twosuitsluke's First Ever Roulette v. Final results are in....  (Read 77265 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Twosuitsluke's First Ever Roulette v. Round One Results Mofos
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »
I didn't even give out a 9 in my last roulette which was a bit disappointing tbh

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
You just eliminated the wrong people I saved my best song for the final round :corn

Honestly, check out this song by ASIWYFA. Scar nailed it, at least for me, it's really cool.

If the band isn't on the banned list then I haven't listened to them properly. Send what you were planning and if by some chance I missed it off the list I'll let you know  :biggrin:
Will check out.

I just sent, haven't sent this band in a loooong time but I hope it's allowed.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
you should've sent your best song every round

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
I didn't even give out a 9 in my last roulette which was a bit disappointing tbh

Yea but seriously, you don't like music do you  :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »
You just eliminated the wrong people I saved my best song for the final round :corn

Honestly, check out this song by ASIWYFA. Scar nailed it, at least for me, it's really cool.

If the band isn't on the banned list then I haven't listened to them properly. Send what you were planning and if by some chance I missed it off the list I'll let you know  :biggrin:
Will check out.

I just sent, haven't sent this band in a loooong time but I hope it's allowed.

You get the Twosuitsluke thumbs up  :tup

As I said in my PM to you, I was secretly hoping someone would send something by this band. There is one other band that I am hoping for in particular. I have faith in you all  :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »

I love music I just made my grading curve a bit steeper so I could have higher standards

I gave like 10 albums a 9+ in my collection last year that's a lot of love tbh :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »
I have a good idea of what the other band is, but if that's the case I prefer to save them for the epic round which is impossible because no way I'll be consistent enough to end up top 4 by the time the elimination happens. :( Someone will probably beat me to sending this band though so it wouldn't even matter.

On a different note, can we combine songs that are supposed to be played together á la Naif / Linear Faillure / My Favorite Society Guy, SDOIT, Concealing Fate etc. ?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2016, 03:06:45 PM »

I love music I just made my grading curve a bit steeper so I could have higher standards

I gave like 10 albums a 9+ in my collection last year that's a lot of love tbh :lol

Yea, I'm just fucking with you. I think it's good not to be too generous, although you gave me less than a 4 in the first round of your roulette I think  :lol that was TOO harsh dude.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2016, 03:11:40 PM »
I have a good idea of what the other band is, but if that's the case I prefer to save them for the epic round which is impossible because no way I'll be consistent enough to end up top 4 by the time the elimination happens. :( Someone will probably beat me to sending this band though so it wouldn't even matter.

On a different note, can we combine songs that are supposed to be played together á la Naif / Linear Faillure / My Favorite Society Guy, SDOIT, Concealing Fate etc. ?

I don't think, but I could be wrong, that I have mentioned interest in this band anywhere on DTF. They are fairly popular in general and similar to other bands that get a lot of discussion on here but I rarely see any talk on this band..........  :justjen cryptic.

Are we talking combining songs for the epic round or just in general? I have no problem with either actually, as long as it stays under the 12 minute limit in the regular round. I will say that if you could find a youtube version that combines all the songs together and send me a link to that it would be preferable.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Harsh noise
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »
Heh, sent an instrumental since you said you focused more guitars and drums, oh well. You should still check the album tho, it's quite a banger :metal

Online twosuitsluke

Re: Harsh noise
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
Heh, sent an instrumental since you said you focused more guitars and drums, oh well. You should still check the album tho, it's quite a banger :metal

Yea, it's a hard thing for me to define. My main focus is generally on guitar and drums but I still like vocals in my music. There are songs where I focus on the vocal more than the music but they are in the minority, except for punk and stuff as there isn't as much intricacy to the music. It's like my brain takes in the sound of the vocal and how that effects the overall sound of the music and how I feel about it, but it doesn't necessarily process the lyrics and what is actually being sung. That probably doesn't make much sense but there you have it. That is especially true of metal with growls when it's a struggle to make out lyrics anyway, the rest of the time my brain filters out certain lines, choruses etc.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:44:57 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Fluffy Lothario

Re: Twosuitsluke's First Ever Roulette v. Round One Results Mofos / Send for R2
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
I had the first ASIWYFA album, and only really got into one song, about track 3, title something like Ready Set Go.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »

I don't think, but I could be wrong, that I have mentioned interest in this band anywhere on DTF. They are fairly popular in general and similar to other bands that get a lot of discussion on here but I rarely see any talk on this band..........  :justjen cryptic.

Are we talking combining songs for the epic round or just in general? I have no problem with either actually, as long as it stays under the 12 minute limit in the regular round. I will say that if you could find a youtube version that combines all the songs together and send me a link to that it would be preferable.
Just in general. I don't think there's a combined version of it on youtube but I have the files so I could combine them. Not sure if I'm thinking of the same band anymore though

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »

Just in general. I don't think there's a combined version of it on youtube but I have the files so I could combine them. Not sure if I'm thinking of the same band anymore though

Ok, I'd just like to hear them flow naturally and if they are separate tracks in a Youtube playlist then that won't happen. Just want to hear it in full effect.

We still might be thinking of the same band. They do get some discussion but it's pretty quiet on that front at the moment, unless I'm missing mention in other threads, which is possible.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
I had the first ASIWYFA album, and only really got into one song, about track 3, title something like Ready Set Go.

I'm likely to check out this album and the Diablo Swing one very soon. Hoping the albums are as good as the songs.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »
Well I lost this roulette
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
Well I lost this roulette

Definitely not. I'm pretty open to different styles and I'd like to think everyone is in with a good chance. I like stuff that kinda blends genres and I like energy in my music.

Just take some risks, that is what I try to do in roulettes  :hat

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »
Sent

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
Sent something super risky. This has a probability to kill me, but hey, risks are awesome!  :millahhhh
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »
Sent fun metal  :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
i just sent fun

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2016, 01:30:52 AM »
Sent some beard metal.
Check your Spotify, if you didn't get it again I'll send you direct link on PM.
EDIT: I hope my neighbors don't mind some metal in the morning lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2016, 02:56:43 AM »
That's 6/12 guys. I'll get first impressions up as soon as I have everything  :tup

Some bands I am aware of have been sent. Got high hopes for this round  :metal

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2016, 05:59:12 AM »
So round 2....

A song that gets you pumped (as in something that just lifts your spirits immediately and makes you want to party)

I love music that has energy and lifts my spirits. I have lots of songs that are just perfect party songs that get everyone moving and having a good time. They don't always need to be 'party songs' in that they are specifically about partying or whatever but something that I can sing/headbang/air guitar/dance to is what I am looking for.

I have had lots of songs over the years that I would stick on when getting ready to go out and party with friends. This is the essence of what I want. Something that gets me in the mood to have a good time.

I know some of you have already sent and I should have maybe posted this on the end of the results but I'm still learning my way around a roulette.

Looking forward to this  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Lets do it!!!!!!!

Edit: This is actually a good example of what I am thinking.

Nobody by Skindred:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQhuxPsSjE

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:26 AM »
I actually didn't plan to send the band I did at first. I just play the song so much it suddenly popped up in my head, but I think I have songs that fit the theme way better. Still, no ragrets.

Actually wanted to send Zebrahead for this round first but found out that they were banned. I didn't think anyone else on DTF would know fucking Zebrahead. :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2016, 06:15:34 AM »
I actually didn't plan to send the band I did at first. I just play the song so much it suddenly popped up in my head, but I think I have songs that fit the theme way better. Still, no ragrets.

Actually wanted to send Zebrahead for this round first but found out that they were banned. I didn't think anyone else on DTF would know fucking Zebrahead. :lol

FUCK YES ZEBRAHEAD!!! Was it going to be Anthem??? As that is just fucking grade A perfect for this round. That was THE song for me and my buddy Little D for years!!

For those who don't know it:

Zebrahead - Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmLP0CeVrU

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2016, 06:19:14 AM »
Haha no it was actually going to be Falling Apart, that was one of my edgy teen anthems and I still love the song. Was not nearly as much into their punk side but this was a great alternative metal song IMO and had a great chorus.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2016, 07:41:57 AM »
Haha no it was actually going to be Falling Apart, that was one of my edgy teen anthems and I still love the song. Was not nearly as much into their punk side but this was a great alternative metal song IMO and had a great chorus.

Ok, fair enough. That's not such a favourite of mine so I think I'm happy with what you sent in the end  :corn

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2016, 08:14:38 AM »
Glad you liked the The Conference of Birds  :D Again sent a song with a trumpet (via Spotify btw, notify me if it didn't work)  :P
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »
Glad you liked the The Conference of Birds  :D Again sent a song with a trumpet (via Spotify btw, notify me if it didn't work)  :P

Yea, I got it dude  :tup

That's 8/12 now I think.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »
Zebrahead :2metal:

I saw them live once, they were really good.

I have a couple ideas what to send, will send sometime later tonight.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »
Two people have actually sent the same band in this round. I normally wouldn't allow it but this is a band I want to hear so I'll let it slide this time.

It's also looking like a fairly short round listening wise, we have two songs under 3 minutes.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
Guessing home sent the same band as me then :lol I even said that I sent it this quickly because I was afraid someone else would send them. I guess we will see during hangmanen

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
Who else sent Lady Gaga?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »
Who else sent Lady Gaga?

Well lets just say hangmanen will be real easy this round  :corn

As someone who had a brother that was hardcore obsessed with Lady Gaga I gotta say I've got no problem with her really. But when it comes to female pop stars, Beyoncé is where it's at for me!!  :heart