Author Topic: Burlington, VT  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Dream Team

Burlington, VT
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »
Going tonight with my wife (who ADORES this album), my youngest daughter and her friend. Will provide report tomorrow on the show, how many empty seats, etc.

This is mostly a dumb redneck state so I really appreciate that they made the effort to play here, probably won't happen again.

Only a 40 minute drive.

Offline Dream Team

Re: Burlington, VT
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 05:55:40 AM »
So, the sound was not as good as the Albany show in April. James was too loud and the rhythm guitar too low. I've seen DT in 04, 06, 08, 10, 12 and this year and this was probably the worst James has sounded, but with a caveat: he sounded GREAT in the mid and lower registers but up high was painful a lot of the time. Also, his emoting was outstanding.

Very weird to have such a subdued crowd at a rock concert. When Dystopian Overture started, a couple of guys up front tried to get everyone to stand up but it wasn't happening. We all stood for HoaTV and ONW.

Couple of loud fat drunk assholes behind me had no clue what was going on but fortunately left half way through. Actually more people than I thought, probably about half full (meaning 500 at least). A large range of ages and quite a few girls and women. The wife was ecstatic as she really loves this album, always tears up at certain spots.

Hopefully this second leg isn't a huge financial loss for them.

Offline Thoughtspart3

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
Glad you had a good time.  Sound issues can be frustrating at times.  WE had the opposite experience with James.  Highs were fine. Low and mids were harder to hear. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
There's nothing worse than being at a concert with a shit mix.