Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION  (Read 23240 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2017, 11:10:36 AM »
I liked that episode a lot. Really enjoyed how they've done such a good job at blurring whether or not Eugene is just playing a role and a game like Carol to survive with Negan or if in fact he's just said F it and he enjoys the spoils of being on the 'winning' team and is going full Savior.

I think he's just playing Negan but who knows?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2017, 09:49:55 PM »
Hello... is this thing still on??
Anyways, the four episodes after the break have been quite good I must say. I like the pacing a lot more, we know they're brewing towards the eventual war, so they've done a decent job of building up the story around it. While not making it completely single story the episodes have been sort of moving along and have been keeping me interested.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2017, 10:39:43 PM »
Hello... is this thing still on??
Anyways, the four episodes after the break have been quite good I must say. I like the pacing a lot more, we know they're brewing towards the eventual war, so they've done a decent job of building up the story around it. While not making it completely single story the episodes have been sort of moving along and have been keeping me interested.

I've dug the whole season. It's all packed together pretty well actually, especially since it's clear they aren't going to get to the actual 'war' this season....they're laying the groundwork for it all to go down next season which is fine by me.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2017, 11:08:19 AM »
Other than the Eugene episode, since it returned from break, I've found the show' to be excruciatingly boring.  Each episode's concentration on one or two characters makes it feel like nothing has happened other than the time suck of 4 hours of my life.

Like everyone has been saying, it feels like they're building up to next season's big battle.  But, if they drag this season on too much longer, nobody's gonna care because everyone will have bailed.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »
nobody's gonna care because everyone will have bailed.

Maybe everyone in this forum but not 'everyone'. This show still KILLS every other cable show by margins that are not even close. There is a small segment of fans that are 'bored' or whatever....but all in all....I doubt TWD is going to miss that segment of folks who decide to bail.

I get the frustration that some people have....I've said it before here and in other threads about movies/shows. It comes down to your expectations of what you're wanting out of a show. I want to watch a post apocalyptic zombie show....and feel that's what I'm getting.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
I haven't been posting here, mostly because I don't have anything to say, but I'm still enjoying every episode. I like the character focus...what's up with Duane?
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online faizoff

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
Apparently last sunday's episode was the lowest rated TWD episode since season 2. Even having said that I think the ratings are what other networks dream of.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
https://youtu.be/KPxTVJWkbX4?t=26

I guess they blew their CGI budget on the tiger, but holy wow does that look horrible.

This has been a very uneven season. When it's good it's good but when it's bad it's really bad. There's not much in between.
I'm starting to agree with people who say they need to shorten the seasons. 10 episodes would be enough. I don't get Gimple's obsession with bottle episodes. The last 2 episodes could have easily been combined into 1. The mid-season premiere was a perfect example of multiple storylines progressing in the same episode. Why do we have episode after episode with only a small handful of characters that barely progresses the plot? Unacceptable.

I've been excited for the upcoming arc for years now, but my faith in the show is at an all time low. There's not a doubt in my mind that they won't fuck it up somehow. I'm gonna watch this show to the end, but I would rather it end after the upcoming arc even though I know they won't.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/eprate?ref_=tt_eps_rhs_sm
According to IMDb the lowest rated episode is the Tara episode from earlier in the season. And of the 10 lowest-rated episodes, 5 are from this current season. That's a little embarrassing, but accurate.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:51:06 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2017, 12:04:44 PM »
I guess they blew their CGI budget on the tiger, but holy wow does that look horrible.

the thing about it is that there are probably literally thousands of 'tame' deer out there that they could have used for a shot like that. Also, I deer hunt....and there's no F'n way that deer would have came anywhere near that place given the amount of movement from the walkers....or even still be standing there as Rick clamors up the ferriss wheel.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »
That is hilarious.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »
This show needs to stop trying to put deer in episodes.  Every time they do it's cringeworthy.  This episode, the time that Carol basically walked directly up to one back in season 4 or whatever and it didn't run away.  Simply unbelievable.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2017, 04:28:28 AM »
I feel at the minute I'm only really watching this show because I've invested so much time into it, I'm not at the point yet where I'd say i'm not like it, but my enjoyment in the show is probably at an all time low though.   

Also those Junkyard people are annoying, with there way of wording things and cultist mannerisms they are acting like a civilization that grew up fully in the post zombie world.   I know this show has a few odd ball characters and leaders, but generally the populous seems pretty normal - but these arseholes seem to have gone full Thunderdome in a matter of a couple of years (or however long has supposed to passed in the show).

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2017, 05:17:01 AM »
Omg that deer was so ridiculously awful. Like, actually the worst effects the show has ever had. Given what a cash cow the show is, how could they have found that acceptable?

The episode was a little dull, but after some pretty good episodes around the mid-season finale/premiere, I figured not much would happen until the end of the season. They've got into a formula.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
Which is why I think after this season is done I'm going to only watch at the end of the next season, who knows depending on how these last few episodes go I might just not watch at all afterwards.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
I haven't watched anything of the show since Negan was introduced and I think I'll try and keep it that way for quite some time. It should say enough that I don't want to make time to watch the show, but maybe it'll be a good boredom killer one day. But yeah...that deer...truthfully, a mediocre student of graphics design could do ten fold better. That legitimately looks like it's from one of those cheap hunting games that came out on the Gamecube years ago and they were like "Yo this looks tight, throw that shit in there!". That wasn't even just painful, that's embarrassing.

The comics are still fucking CHOICE though. Really great arc. It's just such a shame that people come and go so much from TV. It says something that a lot of the best shows out there have the same writers, the same (or more or less the same cycling through) directors, etc. etc. Switching out people like clockwork is bound to screw shit up in some way.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
That was the best episode they've had in quite some time IMO.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »
That was the best episode they've had in quite some time IMO.

No coincidence that Gimple wrote it. He should retire as show runner and just write every episode.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »
What I liked was how Morgan was able to use that moment he killed Richard to satisfy not only the 'goal' that Richard had all along, but he also was able to exact some revenge for Benjamin's death.

Yes he lost control a bit but it was a long time coming I think as although he has this idea of how he'd 'like' things to be....he knows and has been fighting the fact that killing is indeed necessary.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
That little slip up when he said his son's name was... disturbing.

I know a lot of you don't really like the way they've been presenting this season, but I think it's been damned good. The character studies are what keeps me coming back, not the CGI, not the action, not the horror. This episode was a terrific example. Good progress was made on every character presented, even those who died.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »

I know a lot of you don't really like the way they've been presenting this season, but I think it's been damned good. The character studies are what keeps me coming back, not the CGI, not the action, not the horror. This episode was a terrific example. Good progress was made on every character presented, even those who died.

Yeah...that was really well done by Lenny Bruce, conveying his state of mind.

I've been perfectly satisfied with this season....save one episode......and am really curious as to how they're going to set up episode 1 of next season.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »

heh

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »

heh

**snip***

:lol    Oh wait....is it Lenny James then? Lenny 'some really good English actor'....   :loser:

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »

Awesome episode.  I'm also generally enjoying this season and accepted early on that the show is doing some world-building before going full-scale war against Negan.  There's been a few slower episodes here and there, but it's par for the course. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
I think the show wanted us to believe that was Daryl lurking in the dark at the end of the episode, but I'm pretty sure it's Dwight. Especially after re-watching that few seconds over and over....it's definitely Dwights long hair and shoulder defined in that silhouette.

Leads me to wonder if it'll be Sasha or Rosita or both that Negan 'gives' back to Alexandria as a Walker like he did in the comics.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
I think the show wanted us to believe that was Daryl lurking in the dark at the end of the episode, but I'm pretty sure it's Dwight. Especially after re-watching that few seconds over and over....it's definitely Dwights long hair and shoulder defined in that silhouette.

Leads me to wonder if it'll be Sasha or Rosita or both that Negan 'gives' back to Alexandria as a Walker like he did in the comics.

It's definitely Dwight. Why would they hide it if it was Daryl? He's gonna turn on Negan and be a double agent.

Sasha will die this season. She will get Holly's death from the comics. In the comics, Negan captures Holly mistaking her for Andrea. In the show, Negan will mistake Sasha for Michonne and bring her back to Alexandria as a walker. Sonequa Martin-Green got cast as a lead in the new Star Trek show, so I believe she's on her way out.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:51 PM »

It's definitely Dwight. Why would they hide it if it was Daryl? He's gonna turn on Negan and be a double agent.

Sasha will die this season. She will get Holly's death from the comics. In the comics, Negan captures Holly mistaking her for Andrea. In the show, Negan will mistake Sasha for Michonne and bring her back to Alexandria as a walker. Sonequa Martin-Green got cast as a lead in the new Star Trek show, so I believe she's on her way out.

Yeah...they've been asking that question all season...."Who will betray and switch sides, trying to make it seem like only a Rick 'team member' is the one switching. Dwight turning on Negan is no surprise to the comic readers....and it's a good time to start that process. I heard the same about Sonequa Martin-Green so it'd only make sense for her turn to be killed to be here. Gotta thin the herd in the cast for all these characters anyway.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:36 AM »
That's going to be a really cool development if so.  It's been long enough since I've read the comics (over a year now) that I'd forgotten most of that, so that sounds pretty exciting to me.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Online faizoff

« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
I can't tell if Gimple's tone is serious in this article but if turns out to be true then I can't see myself tuned in for long.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/walking-dead-live-20-years-producer-article-1.3008428
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:59:22 AM by faizoff »

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:31 AM »
link goes to something else
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Online faizoff

« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »
Should work now. Pasting from mobile sucks.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
I can't tell if Gimple's tone is serious in this article but if turns out to be true then I can't see myself tuned in for long.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/walking-dead-live-20-years-producer-article-1.3008428

Mehhhhhhhh.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

plz no

10 Seasons max. I'd like to see them end the show with the current arc from the comics.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2017, 07:27:06 PM »
Not great to have conflicting reports from actors, showrunners, other ramblings down the grape vine.

But I have absolutely zero doubt they'll try to squeeze every last microscopic drop out of this shit. No doubt. It's just if it is possible or not, that's the only real question. It's funny hearing so many people get so angry over this show and say things like "I'm done" only to clearly not be come the weeks after. But here I am...haven't watched an episode in months and months.

Truly...the opposite of love is indifference, not hate.  :lol I'll catch up at some point, but if shit like the aforementioned article comes true then it might be a lot longer before I watch it considering a lot of that is probably going to be really horrible television. Can you imagine..."New Rick Grimes cast as Andrew Lincoln exists show".  :| Not too sure I trust anything Nicotero says. I have no base though so...

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
BEACH BALL SIZED LADY-NUTS!  :rollin  It already has a hashtag on twitter!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
Negan's comment to Sasha last night about a 'little birdie' telling him Rick and Co. are up to something confirms my suspicions that the Junk Yard Group are actually lackies of Negan...or will at least be fighting with him. Have had a hunch about that for some time and IMO that sealed the deal on it.

Eugene couldn't have told him because he doesn't know what's going on, Sasha didn't....there's no one else left. If there were an Alexandrianite or Kingdom resident who was a spy they'd at least have given a tiny bit of screen time to some sort of indication of that.