Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION  (Read 23228 times)

Offline NoseofNicko

Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »
I liked the last episode too. Ezekiel is a cool character.

People on the Walking Dead IMDb board are so annoying. Always saying "this episode sucks", "I stopped watching after 15 minutes", etc... every episode. Always whining.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:53:24 PM by NoseofNicko »

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2016, 09:51:52 PM »
Slow and uneventful as expected. Not a bad episode, but I wish we could sim ahead to next week.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Online faizoff

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2016, 10:05:39 PM »
I expected it to be a slow episode, but it was at least a good one. Great introduction to a character as well as place with a few things already established like The Kingdom people knowing who the Saviors are.
Plus I like this actor who plays Ezekiel. Has a pretty good charm to him.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:12:16 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2016, 07:33:57 AM »
I posted this in the Halloween Pic thread....

Eeny.....Meeny....

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »
 :lol nice
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
Great.  :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZNusg_0MY

Someone had entirely too much time on their hands  :lol

Oh and in case anyone hasn't read/seen yet....Episode 4 is an extended episode...90 minutes I believe. It'll be the first episode we get to see Rick and Co. in the aftermath of meeting Negan and it looks like it's Negan's first trip to Alexandria to 'collect' half his  :censored

Online faizoff

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2016, 09:23:20 PM »
Good episode on its own, nice to see more of Negan again. I wonder if the show's choice to not do multiple story lines is an artistic choice or just something that saves them money somehow. I don't have any expectation from next week's episode being 90 minutes. It probably amounts to 15-17 minutes of more episode than usual but in TWD's case longer episodes don't mean anything exciting. 
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 03:20:24 AM »
We're on Easy Street.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2016, 07:50:10 AM »
I thought that was a really well done episode. I like how they are showing that side of Dwight that still knows Negan's a psychopath but he's doing it all to make sure his wife is safe and taken care of. And the relationship between Daryl and Negan is shaping up to be interesting. I'm betting Daryl eventually says that he is 'Negan' in order to begin the escape or plan to take Negan out.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
Pretty good ep.  I like how Daryl has been inserted into this part of the story as it makes me unsure what to expect exactly.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2016, 02:13:14 AM »
I thought it was an Ok episode.   I am getting a little worried they are starting to make Negan to much of a cartoon villain though.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2016, 06:03:47 AM »
I'm really not enjoying Negan. I get this show exists in a fantasy universe, but he's just not doing it for me. He's too over the top and a really hard character to buy into.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
I'm really not enjoying Negan. I get this show exists in a fantasy universe, but he's just not doing it for me. He's too over the top and a really hard character to buy into.

I agree, Chino. I think his survival to this point is completely unbelievable. My contention is that if fifty people, armed with automatic weapons, were standing around in a circle watching their "leader" behave like that (we're lead to believe he's treated them the same way), at least one of them would just plug him and move on.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2016, 06:56:42 AM »

I agree, Chino. I think his survival to this point is completely unbelievable. My contention is that if fifty people, armed with automatic weapons, were standing around in a circle watching their "leader" behave like that (we're lead to believe he's treated them the same way), at least one of them would just plug him and move on.

I can almost get onboard with that, we see it in militaries all over the world, but having everyone respond "Negan" when he asks them what their names are is just silly, IMO. And I have a hard time believing, based on what we've seen so far with Dwight's character, that he'd just carry on after all that stuff with his wife.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2016, 07:49:30 AM »

I can almost get onboard with that, we see it in militaries all over the world, but having everyone respond "Negan" when he asks them what their names are is just silly, IMO. And I have a hard time believing, based on what we've seen so far with Dwight's character, that he'd just carry on after all that stuff with his wife.

Gotta disagree with both of you. I think the portrayal of Negan thus far has been pretty good...near spot on. Why would his 'people' turn on him? They essentially live a life of luxury (for that world) and are literally at the top of the food chain. It's probably near certain that Negan has done to each of them what they are doing to Daryl so after being mentally broken down...then swearing allegiance and then getting the perks of that allegiance....why would they rock the boat? It'd be like Michonne, Daryl or anyone else at Alexandria deciding to shoot and kill Rick. Sure they could, but they know damn well that they'd be less safe and up shit creek without him.

For me, Dwight is tracking nicely. We see why he's putting up with his situation because of his desire to make sure his wife is taken care of....yet at the same time we know that he'd like to do something about it but just can't muster the courage.

I've enjoyed the first three episodes greatly and like the way the season is going

To the comic readers:
There's a theory online that the Daryl storyline 'may' be replacing Carl's spot in the comic. I think that'd be a horrible idea. The relationship between Carl and Negan in the comic is a vital component to the overall story IMO and that same feel/mood would be lost if they try and make Daryl 'that guy' in lieu of Carl.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2016, 07:57:26 AM »

Gotta disagree with both of you. I think the portrayal of Negan thus far has been pretty good...near spot on. Why would his 'people' turn on him? They essentially live a life of luxury (for that world) and are literally at the top of the food chain. It's probably near certain that Negan has done to each of them what they are doing to Daryl so after being mentally broken down...then swearing allegiance and then getting the perks of that allegiance....why would they rock the boat? It'd be like Michonne, Daryl or anyone else at Alexandria deciding to shoot and kill Rick. Sure they could, but they know damn well that they'd be less safe and up shit creek without him.

For me, Dwight is tracking nicely. We see why he's putting up with his situation because of his desire to make sure his wife is taken care of....yet at the same time we know that he'd like to do something about it but just can't muster the courage.

I've enjoyed the first three episodes greatly and like the way the season is going

To the comic readers:
There's a theory online that the Daryl storyline 'may' be replacing Carl's spot in the comic. I think that'd be a horrible idea. The relationship between Carl and Negan in the comic is a vital component to the overall story IMO and that same feel/mood would be lost if they try and make Daryl 'that guy' in lieu of Carl.

I agree with the other two.   Negan followers have been to the other camps and can see that it is possible to still live a civilized life without a crazed dictator.   I'm in the camp that someone would have simply capped Negan by now - he's simply to much of a loony.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »

To the comic readers:

I agree with the other two.   Negan followers have been to the other camps and can see that it is possible to still live a civilized life without a crazed dictator.   I'm in the camp that someone would have simply capped Negan by now - he's simply to much of a loony.

This. Had they been in isolation in Negan's camp for all this time, that'd be one thing. But I don't see how they could go regularly to places like the Kingdom and not have at least a few guys think "hey, we could do this and not have to lock people in cells, brainwash them, or turn their brains into a pulp. Negan's kind of a douche and probably has a tiny dick".

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2016, 08:22:04 AM »

To the comic readers:

This. Had they been in isolation in Negan's camp for all this time, that'd be one thing. But I don't see how they could go regularly to places like the Kingdom and not have at least a few guys think "hey, we could do this and not have to lock people in cells, brainwash them, or turn their brains into a pulp. Negan's kind of a douche and probably has a tiny dick".

But they do have guys do that....try to escape. Then they are hunted down and killed. I think the guys Negan has left are people that most likely weren't the most upstanding citizens of the world if you know what I mean. They are murderer rapist folks who probably get off and love the fact they get to terrorize and plunder.

I don't see it as 'far fetched' that a group of dudes like that are fine with being led by a guy who out crazies them.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
But they do have guys do that....try to escape. Then they are hunted down and killed.
Why do they try and escape? If they're all standing around with guns, why not just shoot Negan in the head, and then the whole structure falls down.

I think the guys Negan has left are people that most likely weren't the most upstanding citizens of the world if you know what I mean. They are murderer rapist folks who probably get off and love the fact they get to terrorize and plunder.

I don't see it as 'far fetched' that a group of dudes like that are fine with being led by a guy who out crazies them.
Which is more believable, but also more over-the-top. I haven't read the comics so maybe my expectations are off-base, but I was of the impression that after Negan kills off Glenn (to make a statement), he is otherwise very charismatic and can win people over with his charm. Not getting that at all so far.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:09 AM »
he is otherwise very charismatic and can win people over with his charm. Not getting that at all so far.

Huh..really? I think JDM is doing a great job as Negan thus far.

Online faizoff

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2016, 10:28:13 AM »
I think the 2nd episode portraying Negan has a slightly more over the top candor than what we saw earlier, I'm ok with it so far. I'm waiting to see how it plays out and I liked the dynamic they showed with him and Dwight, I don't think his interaction with the other members of the gang was at the same level, felt more juvenile. Again no problem so far, will wait until the payoff. God knows with this show any expectations I have will be shattered so better to expect nothing.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »
he is otherwise very charismatic and can win people over with his charm. Not getting that at all so far.

His acting is fine (I really like JDM), I think it's more the writing/narrative.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2016, 06:25:04 AM »

His acting is fine (I really like JDM), I think it's more the writing/narrative.

This. I think he's playing the character perfectly and exactly how the writers had hoped he would. I just think it's a shit character  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2016, 06:42:39 AM »

This. I think he's playing the character perfectly and exactly how the writers had hoped he would. I just think it's a shit character  :lol

I still think it's way too early to tell. And even if it stays on pace it's no where close to how badly they butchered Andrea, Tyrese and the Governors characters. Personally, i think Negan has been pretty spot on this far but whatever.

Online faizoff

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2016, 07:23:40 AM »
What's wrong with Tyrese? I thought he was great in the show. I didn't like the actress who played Andrea at all, didn't help that they made her character very annoying.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
Compared to the comics Tyrese (and Abraham) were kinda disappointing.  Both were weak, Tyrese especially.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »
Compared to the comics Tyrese (and Abraham) were kinda disappointing.  Both were weak, Tyrese especially.

Yeah....comic Abraham and comic Tyrese were awesome. Show Tyrese was too timid and 'weak'....very wishy washy. Comic Tyrese was just a bad A$$. Now, show Abraham grew on me and I liked the show character but the comic Abraham was more militaristic and 'mean'. I liked him as well.

Online faizoff

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2016, 08:33:36 AM »
I think that's one of the difficulties for those who have already read source material and are always comparing the TV counterpart. TV Tyrese can be completely different to comic Tyrese and it's often hard to separate the two. Me never having read the comics took the character from whatever they displayed on the show without any preconceived notions on what to expect. I think TV characters no matter the source material should work with the context of the show and for me both Abraham and Tyrese worked, Andrea did not.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
I think that's one of the difficulties for those who have already read source material and are always comparing the TV counterpart. TV Tyrese can be completely different to comic Tyrese and it's often hard to separate the two. Me never having read the comics took the character from whatever they displayed on the show without any preconceived notions on what to expect. I think TV characters no matter the source material should work with the context of the show and for me both Abraham and Tyrese worked, Andrea did not.

That is the tough aspect of reading the comic and watching the show. for the most part, they really are two separate entities that work well on their own. but in the instances where the characters change SO much it's tough to take. The most glaring being Andrea.....who is still alive and kicking in the comic and a complete bad a$$ character. Her show character was tough to take and I think they realized they brutally F'd that one up and just killed her off.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:09 PM »
Agreed.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2016, 06:01:23 AM »
Was Dwight stealing food on the side behind Negan's back when he made that breakfast sandwich?

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2016, 08:38:57 AM »
Agreed.

I second! I love the fact that I have no comparison to the comics and only have the TV characters to observe. I'm loving this season so far!