Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION  (Read 23224 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »
Season 7 is right around the corner. I'm sure there are folks still ticked at the way they chose to end season 6....but, as for me I'm over it I think. With this show it is what it is, I think we can all agree AMC is calling some shots no matter how it may affect the creative process...but anyway.

I'm ready to see JDM bring Negan to life and the last trailer released depicting the aftermath of the head bashing is promising concerning how he is going to handle that role. If you haven't see it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k4gsUmw7lU

My thoughts:

Negan kills Glenn, Maggie for trying to stop him and then Abraham for the same reason. Also, I think the whole 'right hand' conversation with Rick is leading Negan to take Rick in the RV and chop his right hand off with that Hatchet.

With this part of the cominc now making it's way onto the big screen....I am excited and anxious about it because it's my favorite 'arc' of the series....this confrontation with Negan. I have high hopes but I am calming them a bit because I don't expect the show to be able to match the comic story. It was that good. I hope they can capture a large portion of the feel and tone....we will see.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 7 - FULL DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »
I began rewatching season 6 and got done with episode 5. I actually don't mind it so much now but they really still screwed up the pacing after Glenn's stunt in ep 3. The episodes are great and even with episode 5 feeling like filler with Maggie's pregnancy announcement I still enjoyed it. I don't think my feelings will change for how much I hated that cliffhanger in the season finale but at least the season feels a lot better now even with the problems I have with it.

Less than two weeks to go and can't wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
I began rewatching season 6 and got done with episode 5. I actually don't mind it so much now but they really still screwed up the pacing after Glenn's stunt in ep 3. The episodes are great and even with episode 5 feeling like filler with Maggie's pregnancy announcement I still enjoyed it. I don't think my feelings will change for how much I hated that cliffhanger in the season finale but at least the season feels a lot better now even with the problems I have with it.

I think the Glenn stunt was them just trying to be 'too' smart. Sometimes you don't have to do try and out do everything and just tell a simple story. I have issues with the way they chose to end last season as well but I still like the show and just take it for what it is.....I'm not expecting Shawshank Redemption level of cinematic excellence.....just an entertaining show, which I still think it is.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
The Premiere is titled: "The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be"

A reference to Dr. Jenner's last words from the S1 finale, for those that don't remember.

As for the cliffhanger death, we already know who it is (Check the Season 6 thread if you're curious).

This is how I think it plays out:
The eenie meenie miney mo sequence plays out again, but we see who dies this time. Then Negan taunts Rick like in the new trailer. He drags Rick to the RV and they have a long talk, maybe they eben go for a drive. I don't think that Negan cuts off his hand though. Negan realizes that he hasn't truly broken Rick yet and takes him back outside. Negan does eenie meenie miney mo again and Glenn is the unlucky second victim.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »
This is how I think it plays out:
The eenie meenie miney mo sequence plays out again, but we see who dies this time. Then Negan taunts Rick like in the new trailer. He drags Rick to the RV and they have a long talk, maybe they eben go for a drive. I don't think that Negan cuts off his hand though. Negan realizes that he hasn't truly broken Rick yet and takes him back outside. Negan does eenie meenie miney mo again and Glenn is the unlucky second victim.

Interesting theory. I still think it would show major balls for them to cut Rick's right hand off though.....and would bolster the Negan character even more given the dialog that he just had with Rick about 'right hands' being so important and all. My brother is convinced it's Abraham, Gleen AND Maggie...I could see that as well but I think it'll certainly be two of them

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:56:17 AM »
This is the first time I haven't avoided spoilers for TWD, I wanted to know asap and now due to excitement but because I was upset with how they handled last season's finale and I wanted to ruin what they were trying to do to me and ruin the premiere for myself in the process :lol
I kinda regret it, but not much.
gmillergrake for the sake of my OCD would you be so kind as to change the thread title to remove the caps? Would be thankful.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:40:56 AM »
I think I'm going to sit out this season. I may catch up at a later date but I just really don't care about this show anymore.

Online faizoff

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
Have to admit this is hilarious.
John Cleese summing up the six seasons of TWD so far.
https://youtu.be/sU0eizwlejs
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 10:09:55 PM »
Have to admit this is hilarious.
John Cleese summing up the six seasons of TWD so far.
https://youtu.be/sU0eizwlejs

:lol   That is great!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
That was excellent. :lol

Although it's rather telling that the summary of key developments from seasons 3-6 is shorter than 1-2. Just shows how little meaningful plot progression there is these days.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
I'm sticking with this postulation and would like to point out I had this hunch a solid week ahead of it being a popular theory online....just sayin'..... :coolio

Also, I think the whole 'right hand' conversation with Rick is leading Negan to take Rick in the RV and chop his right hand off with that Hatchet.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »
I don't care what anyone says, the ending of the Season 6 Finale is great even if you don't see who gets killed. So fucking tense. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 07:35:30 PM »
Fuck
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
Well.....they certainly didn't hold back on the gore. Whew!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 07:41:56 PM »
Honestly that was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen and I've seen tons of extreme horror movies like A Serbian Film, Martyrs, ...

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »
Well shit.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 07:57:52 PM »
Well shit.

I didnt watch that clip you PMd me, what was it?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »
Well shit.

I didnt watch that clip you PMd me, what was it?

I don't suppose it matters now, so here's the clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89FSOKjGPk

It shows Negan killing Maggie instead.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 08:05:24 PM »
So who ended up biting it?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 08:06:39 PM »
So who ended up biting it?

Abraham first, then Glenn.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 08:13:10 PM »
Guess they made up for Dwight's arrow then.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
I can't begin to grasp what just happened on The Walking Dead...though i had a hunch this was coming from the comics...but how it was filmed was just ...poetic.

I'm already feeling better watching Lauren Cohan just be gorgeous in that blue dress on The Talking Dead  :heart :heart :heart

#SWOON

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
Guess they made up for Dwight's arrow then.

I guess. I don't see the point of switching Abraham's death if they're just gonna kill him 3 episodes later.

I'm over the cliffhanger, but I still think they could've ended with Abe's death in the Finale, then killing Glenn in the cold open of the Premiere. No one would be expecting a second death.
Oh well. I'm excited to see what comes after.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »
That was the most horrifying episode of a TV show ever. They crossed the line with the brutality, IMO.

Online faizoff

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 08:34:34 PM »
Have to admit as pissed as I still am with the cliffhanger, that was a very intense and redeemable episode. Kudos to them for that episode but fuck them for that cliffhanger last season. :-)

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:04 PM »
In retrospect I don't have a huge problem with the cliffhanger, the ep was very well structured around the deaths...although I feel like a little extra time was spent on Rick's RV adventure.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:49:44 AM by Mr. Ister »
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 08:47:34 PM »
That was the most horrifying episode of a TV show ever. They crossed the line with the brutality, IMO.

That eye was straight out of the comic. Perfectly, too

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »
Yeah Glenn's death was really well done in relation to the comic. And it came when I wasn't expecting it.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Online faizoff

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »
I liked how they showed the beating from Rick's point of view.  That was filmed very well. However I do have to add that I felt no emotion with the loss of those characters. I mean when you watch a whole season of the characters and off them at the end then you really feel it. I really think like Metropolaris suggested, they should've shown one death at the end of last season and then continued where they left off. I would've loved that sequence but alas it is what it is and I think I'm sticking to my plan where I watch the show until Negan's arc and then maybe start reading the comics.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:09 PM »
In retrospect I don't have a huge problem with the cliffhanger, the ep was very well structured around the deaths...although I feel like a little extra time was spent on Rick's TV adventure.

The Cliffhanger was annoying but it wasn't end of the world annoying....and this premier episode made up for it IMO because:

That was the most horrifying episode of a TV show ever.

The comic death of Glenn ushered in Negan as the ultimate, charismatic bad a$$....and that is what this premier just did with the way he killed two characters AND mind Fu%ked Rick. Very curious as to how this Negan arc is going to play out because it has started off fantastic IMO.

Yeah Glenn's death was really well done in relation to the comic. And it came when I wasn't expecting it.

Totally this. That was right out of the pages...his face and that eye....him stuttering....BRUTAL. Although, I was expecting it especially after Daryl punched Negan. For a moment I thought maybe he'd kill Maggie but the way he handled Glenn was right in line with his character.

Loved the final straw he took to break Rick down...forcing him to mentally agree to cut his own kids arm off...wow. As a Dad.....that was tough to think about.

I'm a bit peeved at my DVR because I really wanted to see Andrew Lincoln and Jeffrey Morgan on The Talking Dead but my DVR is skipping for some reason. I've got the late one recording so I can watch it tomorrow.

All in all I thought that was an insanely awesome episode!! Can't wait to see more!!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 04:17:08 AM »
That was so goddamn brutal. I have never read any of the comic books but a friend of mine has given me hints about what is coming based on the comic books. But still! Glen's death was way worse than I could ever have imagined. It was graphic, gorey and brutal. Something about the way it was done made it really hard to watch. Also, I love Glen, so that could be part of it.

Just wow  :omg:

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 06:50:53 AM »
This was the first time I can really remember having trouble sleeping because of this show.  I kept waking up thinking about Glenn.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »
One thing that stuck out to me was that Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of Negan. It was beautifully done IMO because of the major handicap he has going against him....and that is in the comic Negan uses the F-Word almost every other word. It's a vital part of his dialog and character.....and Morgan pulled it off last night with some good writing and great acting to where he claimed that character and made it his own without a crucial element of that character available.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
At this point, I am a little glad that I'm not a devoted follower of this show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »
At this point, I am a little glad that I'm not a devoted follower of this show.

How come? Just curious