Author Topic: 2016-10-17 - Tilles Center - Brookvale, NY Cancelled? What happened?  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: 2016-10-17 - Tilles Center - Brookvale, NY Cancelled? What happened?
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 06:55:17 AM »
Was the Port Chester show well attended?

It wasn't terrible. I was on the balcony and couldn't see below, but I'd say the balcony was 65%-70% full.
So then similar to the Oakdale?

Um... Tough to say. When DT plays the Oakdale, they don't even bother opening up the balcony or the side portions (where I sat a week later for Steely Dan). I'd say that given the seats made available, the Oakdale had less empty seats. If you looked at the venue as a whole, I'd say the Oakdale was emptier.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »
I didn't see what the balcony looked like last night (although I think Gary said it was mostly full in the middle, but not as much on the sides), but the floor was mostly full except for the odd seat here and there.  Looked like a good crowd last night here in STL. :tup :tup

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2016, 12:29:59 AM »
I saw them in CA on the first US leg and it was absolutely AMAZING!! Really awesome show and I couldn't have been happier once it was done that they just did the whole album and nothing else... and that's saying something because I actually went into it that day saying "This will be cool but I think I'd rather see them perform any other DT album." And I left saying "that was absolutely the best possible experience and there is nothing would rather have seen them do than exactly that". I wouldn't have even wanted to hear  another song after the album was done, which is crazy because I'd happily sit through a 5-hour DT show.

Now they're coming back to CA two more nights but I have no reason to spend money on going a second time. So I'd imagine that if they're having sales issues on this leg it's only because they're playing somewhat nearby regions a second time with the exact same show.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:05 AM »
The first, and by now only, European leg worked this way:

- TA wasn't out the moment they've announced the opening of sales for the shows

Yeah, I bought tickets to the London Palladium show before I'd heard the album. Put it this way, if they do a second European leg (unlikely) I'd think long and hard about whether I wanna sit thru that again. Although the way the UK has been sidelined on the last 2 European jaunts, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it over here again (so at least we'd know how you American Southerners feel...)
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."