Author Topic: Angel Dust (Faith No More) Appreciation Thread  (Read 885 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Angel Dust (Faith No More) Appreciation Thread
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:51:59 PM »
I hadn't listened to this CD in a while, but cranked it up today on the way to and from work, and it slayed.  Such a phenomenal record. :coolio :hat

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Angel Dust (Faith No More) Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:32 PM »
Their best one for sure. While I really enjoy the other 3 (now 4) Patton albums, Angel Dust is the one that stands the test of time the best for me. There has been periods where I have enjoyed The Real Thing or King For a Day slightly more, but at the end of the day, Angel Dust remains as awesome as it always was.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
This was in my Top 50 Albums list. I fucking love this record. Everything's Ruined might be my favorite song. I love the bass and keyboard play, and Patton's vocal work. In fact, his vocal work on the entire album is just chalk full of creativity, and quite simply, just fun to listen to

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »
Which reminds me, I really need to get on those deluxe re-releases when all the other bands putting out new albums dies down a little.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:36 AM »
Perfect timing. I have been listening to them non stop all week.

Such an incredibly unique, versatile, and satisfying band. I have just been rotating back and forth between the real thing, Angel dust and king for a day. I can't pick a favorite, but angel dust is utterly incredible.

Hearing Midlife crisis is what originally got my interest, which led me to get angel dust and then from there I became a lifetime fan.

Offline Art

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:33:56 AM »
Angel Dust is a masterpiece. I love it how they reacted against the pop adoration they got with TRT with their most aggressive and sick record.

Just  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 08:18:30 AM »
So damn good! I'm so glad I got to see them at Red Rocks last summer because I never got to back in the day.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online Mladen

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »
Can we call Faith No More a metal band?

If so, it's a perfect example now a metal band can be diverse within one record. We all know of Sgt. Pepper, Houses of the holy and stuff like that, where every song is its own genre. But this is one of the few instances where a metal band pulls of such a tremendous variety on one single album. That's something that's lacking in the metal world even to this day, I've gotta say.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
I haven't listened to Album of the year a whole lot, but regardless, I love the song Last cup of sorrow.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »

If so, it's a perfect example now a metal band can be diverse within one record. We all know of Sgt. Pepper, Houses of the holy and stuff like that, where every song is its own genre. But this is one of the few instances where a metal band pulls of such a tremendous variety on one single album. That's something that's lacking in the metal world even to this day, I've gotta say.

Agreed. They manage to touch on a lot of different styles and sounds, often in the same song.  Very unique.  :hat

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »

Agreed. They manage to touch on a lot of different styles and sounds, often in the same song.  Very unique.  :hat

That's a big reason why I like them as a fusion junkie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 04:29:44 PM »
I just heard the song we care a lot for the first time. Shame on me for not checking out the Mosley stuff until now. This song is insanely addictive

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 10:57:53 PM »
Yeah, while I'm not really into the Mosley era, I love that song. It's fun to sing along to.  :biggrin:
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online Mladen

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 02:43:32 AM »
I've never gotten into the first two albums. Yes, I've been pretty lazy.