Author Topic: Polls & Survivors...  (Read 359 times)

Offline RoeDent

Polls & Survivors...
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
...needs moving up the board. It's certainly more active than, say, Reviews, Forum Suggestions and Events. If it's further up, we'll get more participants in survivors and people will actually remember it exists.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
Re: Polls & Survivors...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »
Gotta admit, I frequently forget about it.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »
A lot of us also just quit caring about it.

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 04:19:23 PM »
Yeah, it just doesn't get enough traffic to warrant bumping it up. 

And that doesn't even address the fact that, opening it up today to just take a quick look, and there wasn't even a single thread anywhere on the first page relating to a band I am even remotely interested in, even if I wanted to participate in a poll.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
Yeah, it just doesn't get enough traffic to warrant bumping it up. 

And that doesn't even address the fact that, opening it up today to just take a quick look, and there wasn't even a single thread anywhere on the first page relating to a band I am even remotely interested in, even if I wanted to participate in a poll.

The last thread on Page 1 currently is from November 23. This is way more recent than any other subforum in the 'General' section, except for GMD. Even though there isn't much 'discussion' going on, it does see a lot of ttraffic in the sense that people visit there to vote in polls. Of course, I have no exact number, and it could be the same group of 30-40 forumers that vote in there, but I do believe that quite a lot of active forumers on here view it as a more important part of these boards than for instance Musicians, Forum Suggestions, or Reviews. Doesn't that warrant a bump, even though the bands featured there are not of your personal interest?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

My band, Overhaul! Releasing a debut album soon!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »
Comparing the figures of Polls/Survivors to other sub forums is an apples to oranges comparison, it's an inflated figure. There's a higher turnover of threads because running one survivor involves a thread per round which is every day or two before the poll closes and then it's finished (or however long it is). In any other sub-forum, a discussion like that is all in one thread, so that's not an accurate comparison.
Then compare the posts to threads ratio for every sub-forum. In the polls sub, it's an average of about 10 posts per thread, while in every other major subforum, that ratio is 100. A lot of threads, with a lot less activity, for the reason already mentioned. The average number of votes isn't much higher than the post count, with maybe a dozen votes on average.

I remember it exists, I just don't see the point of it. Personally, I'd ditch both reviews and polls/survivors altogether. Oh, and finally get rid of events while you're at it. :lol

Now that I think about it, even just removing the reviews and events subs would technically move polls/survivors up by two places, so that would be a win-win! It moves up, without having to actually move it up! :P
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
Now that I think about it, even just removing the reviews and events subs would technically move polls/survivors up by two places, so that would be a win-win! It moves up, without having to actually move it up! :P

Im for this.  Also, I would pop Polls and Survivors over Musicians too.

While I get this subforum is not the most popular, I feel like it's a pretty cool feature of the forum that shouldn't be buried under subforums that are literally dead.  Either way, just my opinion.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
And then just name it 'Survivors' and ditch the 'Polls &' part, because those Survivors are literally the only thing going on in there.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

My band, Overhaul! Releasing a debut album soon!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »

Im for this.  Also, I would pop Polls and Survivors over Musicians too.

Nah, the Musicians forum is more important. Orbert's band saga alone is better than anything the Polls/Survivors thread will ever have. :hat
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.