Author Topic: TAC has another technology question  (Read 844 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
TAC has another technology question
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
So I got a new laptop for my birthday yesterday. It has Windows 10 on it.
Anyway, I can't use any of the smileys and things in my replies. Is there a setting, on DTF or on my computer, that will allow me to use them?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: TAC has another technology question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Happy birthday mate

That's a bit of a mystery Tim.  My machine came with Windows 10 and , although I had plenty of issues at the start , web browsing (and specifically DTF) was not affected.

Are you using your usual browser?   
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 06:42:50 AM »
Internet Explorer
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »
That's not what I asked , but I will assume you have always used IE.

Sounds like it's a trial and error job for now - uninstall/reinstall Internet Explorer and make sure everything is up to date...................no luck then install Chrome and see if that works.

The smileys are just standard gifs that aren't dependent on Flash/Java so it shouldn't be a software compatibility issue unless you have installed an ancient version of your browser.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online faizoff

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
I'm assuming he's using the Edge browser and not IE. Edge doesn't load the emoticons from this site for whatever reason. The Edge icon looks very similar to IE as well. Edge is great but still not a 100% complete browser.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
I'm assuming he's using the Edge browser and not IE. Edge doesn't load the emoticons from this site for whatever reason. The Edge icon looks very similar to IE as well. Edge is great but still not a 100% complete browser.

Maybe that's it. It has a big "E"

So do I do DTF in google Chrome instead?

Online faizoff

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
If you wish, or just use IE as it's already installed with Windows 10. IE should work just fine.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
Ok. I'll try that when I get home.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 06:39:38 PM »
If you wish, or just use IE as it's already installed with Windows 10. IE should work just fine.

:tup
 :metal

It works!!!

Thank you!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 06:42:47 PM »
ALL PRAISE THE YOUTH!! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »
We wouldn't be old without 'em! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »
 :lol

No comment.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online faizoff

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 07:43:34 PM »
If youth is what you're called when you're pushing 40 what do they call the real youngings.. :-p

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
If youth is what you're called when you're pushing 40 what do they call the real youngings.. :-p
Unfortunately for King and I, but especially King ;D, we'd love to be "pushing 40"! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 07:55:44 PM »
49 in March.

Ouch.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »

:tup
 :metal

It works!!!

Thank you!!

That was exactly why I asked if you were using the usual browser in the first reply  (thought you may have been using Edge)   :P ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:29:07 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 10:23:01 PM »
It is confusing. When I installed Windows 10, I assumed Edge was a complete replacement for IE, because Edge is the application they shove in your face automatically. I don't use either one, though, unless I'm checking to see if something isn't loading right in Chrome or Firefox.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 05:16:30 AM »
So I got a new laptop for my birthday yesterday. It has Windows 10 on it.
Anyway, I can't use any of the smileys and things in my replies. Is there a setting, on DTF or on my computer, that will allow me to use them?

Happy Birthday Tim. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 05:19:21 AM »
Thank you.  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »
Glad you got your question sorted cause me and technology don't mix too well either.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.