Author Topic: OZZFEST/KNOTFEST  (Read 1017 times)

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
OZZFEST/KNOTFEST
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »
Anyone going this weekend in San Bernardino? If so, who are you looking forward to seeing?
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: OZZFEST/KNOTFEST
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:57:51 PM »
Will be there both days  :metal
Main bands I'm excited for are Black Sabbath and Opeth, but disturbed, megadeth, goatwhore, Slipknot, slayer, Amon Amarth, anthrax, Sabaton, and overkill is a wonderful lineup  :hefdaddy

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »
Awesome! I'm there both days too! Definitely can't wait to see Sabbath, Megadeth, Disturbed, Suicidal Tendencies, Slipknot, and Overkill  :corn

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »
The lineup is pretty cool. I'd definitely be checking out Huntress along with all the big names if I were there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
Sounds like a sweet meet up of touring bands.

Saw Sabbath, Slipknot, and Disturbed all at their own shows this summer and all were very good.  :metal

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 02:26:09 PM »
Sounds like a sweet meet up of touring bands.

Saw Sabbath, Slipknot, and Disturbed all at their own shows this summer and all were very good.  :metal

I've been wanting to see Sabbath for a while now..finally able to see them! Never seen Slipknot..well, saw Stone Sour but that doesn't really count.. or Disturbed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
I'm honestly not much of a slipknot or disturbed fan but both bands were really good live.  Disturbed had a great stage show too with fire, which I loved.  You will have a blast, I can't imagine all of those big bands sharing a stage.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »

Luckily, they won't be sharing a stage (per se)..i've never been to an all day fest so i'm not sure if they swap out stage decor and such or what... can anyone tell me?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
Probably not.

I find it odd the Sabbath is getting two hours... their touring set is only about an hour and a half long (I think it was a little less actually).  It was the shortest headliner I've seen all summer and then for a festival they get a timeslot longer than what they are playing.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
Probably not.

I find it odd the Sabbath is getting two hours... their touring set is only about an hour and a half long (I think it was a little less actually).  It was the shortest headliner I've seen all summer and then for a festival they get a timeslot longer than what they are playing.

It's probably in case Ozzy forgets the song lyrics and they have to start the song(s) over  ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 04:06:31 PM »
Whenever I see a festival, I always go through the mental exercise of, "Hypothetically, even if I somehow had the time to go to a multi-day festival, how many of these bands do I have to like for it to be worthwhile?"  It never seems to quite work out.  :lol  As with this one, the math isn't good.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »
Whenever I see a festival, I always go through the mental exercise of, "Hypothetically, even if I somehow had the time to go to a multi-day festival, how many of these bands do I have to like for it to be worthwhile?"  It never seems to quite work out.  :lol  As with this one, the math isn't good.

Yeah, planning to head in towards the afternoon to just catch what we want to see...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
It never seems to quite work out for me where they are bunched reasonably close.  Seems like it's always a handful of acts spread as far apart as humanly possible over both days. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
Agreed. On a festival like this I would typically show up in the evening.  I don't think I have the energy to do the whole day.  At Warped Tour this summer I went early and was dead before 4pm.  :lol

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
Agreed. On a festival like this I would typically show up in the evening.  I don't think I have the energy to do the whole day.  At Warped Tour this summer I went early and was dead before 4pm.  :lol

Haha! Yeah, there's like no shade or anything at this venue either so we'll likely get there a little later, not about to try and do the full day both days.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 10:39:26 AM »
Oh man, Ozzfest was amazing! Opeth, Megadeth, Disturbed, and Sabbath all sounded great! Ozzy had a little trouble singing bc he was sick but everyone else on stage was killin it..

Going to Knotfest in a bit, whenever my liver gives me the thumbs up :justjen

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 08:15:03 AM »
 :metal :metal  I feel like Ozzy is always sick when they tour and make it to the west coast  :lol

How was day 2?

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »
Knotfest was AWESOME - Slipknot has now become the loudest band I've seen. They were playing the entire Iowa album so I was a little bummed they didn't play some of their popular stuff like "Wait and Bleed" or "Eyeless".

I thought Sabaton put on an entertaining show on one of the smaller stages, Amon Amarth was great on the main stage, but Slipknot just knows how to put on a show! :metal

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 08:37:49 AM »

Haha! Yeah, there's like no shade or anything at this venue either so we'll likely get there a little later, not about to try and do the full day both days.
I couldn't imagine somebody wanted to spend 2 whole days out on that lawn. I found the 4 hours I was there remarkably entertaining, but the whole thing was a chore. One of my coolest concert experiences, and certainly one of the strangest. As for Sabbath getting two hours, I think they played about 1:40 here, and they can always add another 20 minutes to that damn drum solo.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:50:05 AM »
Yeah it's definitely a chore to have to get up there and tough it out for the whole day (both days). We got there about 12pm and just tailgated in the parking lot, headed in around 2pm both days. After a while, it does get tiring but was still a lot of fun bc I saw bands I wouldn't normally have considered seeing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 09:02:18 AM »
Oh wow, they played all of Iowa?  That's pretty awesome although, since I'm not a crazy fan, I like you would have preferred to see some of the other songs, but that's still an amazing experience.

Offline oh8wrx

• I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:16 AM »
For sure! We left and they still had like 3 songs left to play but wanted to beat all the traffic. The night before, a friend stayed the entire show (we left and BS still had 2 songs left), he didn't get out of the parking lot til 3am  :eek and the show finished just after midnight...SMH

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
That's the only venue I've ever paid for VIP parking for. I was in a 4WD jeep, and I still wouldn't take that thing into some of the parking areas. Partly because they were Amazonian and partly because I knew it'd take hours to get out. It was still a mile walk to the grass field they called VIP, but at least I was out relatively quickly. Honestly, that place really is a disaster.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson