Author Topic: Moment of Betrayal - Drum Cover  (Read 1637 times)

Offline EderMedeiros

Moment of Betrayal - Drum Cover
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:15:58 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I'd like to show you my latest drum cover.

Moment of Betrayal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ZoGcGVZEM

Please, comment.

Thanks
Éder Medeiros (BRAZIL)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Moment of Betrayal - Drum Cover
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »
I thought this was really good.  I haven't just sat back with headphones to really just focus in on the drums enough to have picked up on how closely you followed the original or may have deviated and added your own little embellishments here and there, but to the extent it appears that you followed the original fairly closely, your video highlights again how intricate and varied Mangini's drumming continues to be, even though the mix and other issues on the albums often make it sound like he is often playing very simple, straightforward parts.

But again, as far as your drumming, truly outstanding.  Nice job!  :clap:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
Yeah, this was tight.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
Wow man that was great! Really loved hearing the crystal clear cymbal work. Not just a terrific job at playing but great production too!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tiko

• Keyboardist for The Storyline
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:03:28 AM »
Great drumming. Sounds better than Mangini himself!

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 03:52:55 AM »
Outstanding job! Wow! And your drum sound is gorgeous! Now, I'm not a drummer, and if it is indeed what MM plays, to the T, is that what some consider simple drum parts? Because for me, it looks quite intricate, doesn't it?

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline EderMedeiros

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »
Thanks everybody for all that messages!
It's a great pleasure to read these nice comments.
I've been playing drum for long 19 years and I'm a such DT fan.

Moment of Betrayal is an incredible song with great melody, energy and amazing rhythmic part. I really love odd bars.
I've studied a lot to execute that. I practiced hard mainly the part in which I think it was the hardest one , in 3:55. Double pedal fast and so hard metric.

Take a look at my address on my youtube channel out: www.youtube.com/edermedeiros to know a little more of my works..
There, you'll check others DT drum covers such:  "Lost not forgotten", "The dance of eternity" and "A nightmare to remember".

All the best!
Éder Medeiros
(Brazil)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
Great drumming. Sounds better than Mangini himself!

I see this on every DT drum cover :P

Yeah if you highlight the drums and push them WAY up in the mix - they're bound to sound more prominent :lol

Offline Peace and Love

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »
Great playing, great video!

For me this highlights the best and worst of Mike Mangini's drumming. Some of the passages, like during the instrumental breaks I really enjoy.

But his drum composition during sections like 2:10 to 2:20 is, in my opinion, just ugly. I can't think of a better word to describe it at the moment - it is complex, sure, possibly hard to play, too. But to me, as a non-drummer, it just sounds horrible, forced, and doesn't fit the music at all.

But congrats on a great cover!  :metal