Author Topic: Iliminal - Act of Faythe  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Iliminal - Act of Faythe
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »
iliminal - the musical universe of Ayumi Ueda and Eren Başbuğ recorded a video for Act of Faythe. It's pretty good I must say. Way better with a female vocals.

https://youtu.be/FxYPUFSB1rY

Forgot to add, Jordan posted this on his Facebook. That's how I found it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:38:51 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JRuless

Re: Iliminal - Act of Faythe
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
Beautiful! It just shows how in the essence this song is a musical masterpiece...the ending part is one of my favorites from the album...

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
All of The Astonishing is beautiful music. I've grown to enjoy AoF and now this cemented my love for it. I wish they'll release it because it's that good.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:20 PM »
I love this to death. Thank you!
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
Very nice.  I like that it's just her and the keyboards.  The kid laughing sample is a bit weird in the original so I was pleased to not hear that.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 01:41:01 PM »
I agree with above opinions. I think this is a fantastic version of an already great piece. :tup

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »
You know...Talk about David Campbell. This version sounds Disney to the max.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 03:04:55 PM »
Great job and great version of an already beautiful song.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Evai

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:20:23 AM »
To quote Ariel, 'I want more'
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
This is so beautiful. Really well done. The only thing that didn't blow me away was the chorus. I felt it lacked the emotion that James puts behind it.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
That was really good. But who are these people and why are they playing Dream Theater music?  :lol
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Eren

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »
Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! Honored to have it shared in DTF.

That was really good. But who are these people and why are they playing Dream Theater music?  :lol

That would be me and Ayumi. :-X

I have done some work with DT and Jordan for the past few years. For the latest, you can see me waving my arms in the air quite seriously on the conductor podium in Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Ayumi is hands down one of the best vocalists, and the sweetest person I have ever met. She has been extensively touring the world with the group she has founded called Women of the World.

Playing DT music is somewhat a part of me by now for the past few years and listening to The Astonishing tens of times, I've always heard Faythe from her voice, and here we are!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 07:12:44 AM »

OOOPS! :rollin

I have done some work with DT and Jordan for the past few years. For the latest, you can see me waving my arms in the air quite seriously on the conductor podium in Breaking the Fourth Wall.

Ayumi is hands down one of the best vocalists, and the sweetest person I have ever met. She has been extensively touring the world with the group she has founded called Women of the World.

Playing DT music is somewhat a part of me by now for the past few years and listening to The Astonishing tens of times, I've always heard Faythe from her voice, and here we are!

What a sweeeeet voice. :smiley:

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »

Well, again that was really impressive.  Glad to see you posted in response to my question!   :lol 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 04:27:23 PM »
Her voice does fit Faythe.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
Well that was a gorgeous rendition! :clap:

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »

Wow, first time I read a comment from you here, man.. Impressive all you have done with DT!.. Saw you in the crowd when they played at Luna Park earlier this year.. It was like finding Waldo, and I did it.. lol

Hope you're doing fine, and keep on rocking :metal
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)