Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248435 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1820 on: October 13, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
Damn that sucks, especially after a really strong season 2. :(

I wouldn't call it really strong, but a big improvement and had potential for a really strong season 3.

I actually wonder if all the shows will be cancelled in the next 1-2 years since Disney's streaming services is popping up around then.

Not sure... DD comes out in a week, and JJ S3 is in production.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1821 on: October 13, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »
Oh yea. DD season 3, JJ season 2, Punisher season 2, and Luke Cage season 3 are locked.

I guess I'm thinking after those. All of which will be out (I assume) within 2 years.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1822 on: October 13, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
Damn that sucks, especially after a really strong season 2. :(

I wouldn't call it really strong, but a big improvement and had potential for a really strong season 3.

I actually wonder if all the shows will be cancelled in the next 1-2 years since Disney's streaming services is popping up around then.

That's the rumour ... that a lot of bit franchise names (Loki, Scarlett Witch - did someone post that here earlier?) are going to be exclusive to Disney streaming).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1823 on: October 13, 2018, 02:36:31 PM »
That stinks.  I actually liked season 1 a lot and I was just getting into season 2. 

I suppose this means no second season of The Defenders either.  :tdwn
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1824 on: October 13, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »
Just texted with the kid about it, and she says there's no way the Netflix series would be on a Disney streaming service since they are all rated R and outside the Disney brand.

Online Adami

« Reply #1825 on: October 13, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »
Just texted with the kid about it, and she says there's no way the Netflix series would be on a Disney streaming service since they are all rated R and outside the Disney brand.

Yup, and that totally applies to DD and Punisher and Jessica Jones and maybe even Luke Cage, but the one Netflix show that doesn't need to be, and really shouldn't be R rated and outside the Disney brand is Iron Fist. He's actually a fun guy. They made the show really dark and it wasn't reflective of much of the comics.

Personally, I hope they just make a Heroes for Hire show instead, but if they do bring Iron Fist to Disney Streaming, it'd be the one show that could work.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1826 on: October 13, 2018, 06:23:53 PM »
What is it with Sony and always showing the last scene of a movie in the trailers?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1827 on: October 15, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »
Pretty bummed about Iron Fist being cancelled, thought the second season was excellent. Might this mean though we get a Moon/Knight series?
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1828 on: October 15, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
To go along with my earlier theories about Avengers 4:  Relating to the different scenarios that Dr. Strange saw playing out, and his "this was the only way" comment, I was thinking that the outcome of Infinity War was pretty much set to play out about how it did in every single scenario.  "Winning" is not somehow about altering that stage of the timeline--defeat and the nature of that defeat were inevitable.  But perhaps Strange was merely manipulating who would and would not survive the snap.  If you think about the idea of looking at different potential outcomes, and there is only one where they "win," you can basically boil it down to statistical analysis.  And perhaps that statistical analysis does not depend on the facts of what actually happens in the battles, but on certain combinations of key individuals surviving and not surviving the snap.  In other words, "winning" at some point down the road is determined by something along the lines of "individuals A, B, C, D... must survive the snap; individuals P, Q, R, S... must not."  And maybe for a lot of you, this is a "well, duh!" theory.  I mean, it is heavily implied in Infinity War that Stark's survival was key.  But it had not occurred to me until just now that there may have been a necessary bigger combination of individual survivors and nonsurvivors that had to be set up for the "winning" scenario. 

EDIT:  I mean, if you think about it, Strange knew there was only one "winning" outcome.  And he apparently knew that he would have to give up the time stone to accomplish that.  So why engage in that big fight on Titan?  He has to have been manipulating the outcome somehow.  I guess one possible explanation is that he was buying time because he needed certain events to happen elsewhere.  But another explanation is that he was manipulating who would and would not survive.  I think Thanos has some (or possibly complete) control over who remained and who did not.  I think, left to his own devices, Thanos leave the original Avengers intact unless he has to kill any of them off to get one of the stones to begin with.  Sure, they are dangerous.  But he also respects them.  And I think he basically sees them as "fit enough to survive."  On the flip side, I think he plans on killing off Starlord, Drax, and Mantis for being associated with Gamorra and trying to stop him on Knowhere (I don't think he particularly cares about Groot and Rocket, if he even specifically knows of them).  I think Strange knows that the original Avengers must live, and that all the heroes on Titan other than Stark and Nebula must not survive (Strange in particular).  Maybe Strange sees that he will have to communicate back from "the other side."  Dunno.  But in any case, maybe he fights so hard and uses so much of his own bag of tricks to make sure that Thanos takes them all out with the snap.  Other than Stark, and Strange manipulates the fight to stop it and secure Thanos' promise to spare Stark at the last possible moment.  And he knows Thanos will spare Nebula because she is still his daughter, and despite Garmorra being the favorite and torturing Nebula, he still "loves" her in some twisted way.  But everyone else MUST go.  There could certainly be other key people who either had to survive or had to not survive, but I think the original Avengers and Nebula surviving, and the remaining heroes on Titan not surviving were somehow key, and that Strange manipulated that specific combination (and possibly others) with his actions.

Anyhow, some more fun (or not) morning ramblings...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:21:18 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1829 on: October 15, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
After being underwhelmed by Iron First Season One when it came out, we waited, but finally started Season Two. MUCH better so far (through the first five episodes). Looking forward to finishing it up this weekend, and then on to the next season of Daredevil, which I believe gets released this weekend.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1830 on: October 16, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
After being underwhelmed by Iron First Season One when it came out, we waited, but finally started Season Two. MUCH better so far (through the first five episodes). Looking forward to finishing it up this weekend, and then on to the next season of Daredevil, which I believe gets released this weekend.

DD release date its October 19th

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1831 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:50 AM »
Finally got to see ant man 2 and well...Apart the trailer already seen scenes and the post credit scene, it wasn't very enjoyable.
I don't like A to B movies, vilains are weak...It's like I'm too old to like it.

Avengers IW and Deadpool2 were the last masterpieces I saw.
I can't wait to see avengers annihilation.

Honestly, seeing the trailers and the actress charism, I feel like captain marvel is going to be abusively narrative and slow :(
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1832 on: October 18, 2018, 11:40:32 AM »
Finally got to see ant man 2 and well...Apart the trailer already seen scenes and the post credit scene, it wasn't very enjoyable.
I don't like A to B movies, vilains are weak...It's like I'm too old to like it.

Avengers IW and Deadpool2 were the last masterpieces I saw.
I can't wait to see avengers annihilation.

Honestly, seeing the trailers and the actress charism, I feel like captain marvel is going to be abusively narrative and slow :(

Is this the official title?  Where did you see this?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Adami

« Reply #1833 on: October 18, 2018, 12:00:31 PM »
Not official. Just a rumor. No official title yet.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1834 on: October 18, 2018, 04:43:16 PM »
Is this the official title?  Where did you see this?

There was some “leaked” information. It was a description of the first trailer which says that is the title along with detailed description of the first trailer. Not sure if the info it’s true but as of right now that is the rumored title for Avengers 4. Whether it’s true or not, this link has spoilers. You’ve been warned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/detailed-avengers-4-trailer-description-leaked-title-revealed-time-travel-teased/story-K6vDrhFjytavLAJ1im3uNO_amp.html
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1835 on: October 18, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »
It is not confirmed as "leaked."  We do not know the source.  It could be completely made up.  So, yes, it is at present only a "rumor."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #1836 on: October 18, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »
Correct.

In fact, the real title was recently leaked.

Avengers 4: Captain American 4: Iron Man 4: Thor 4: Black Panther 2: Ant-Man and the Wasp and Spiderman and the other people who don't have solo movies.

It's a long title, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shorten it a bit.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1837 on: October 18, 2018, 04:56:17 PM »
I think Annihilation is a DOPE title and I really want it to be true. Therefore, it's not gonna happen. But boy does it sound awesome.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

« Reply #1838 on: October 18, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »
I think Annihilation is a DOPE title and I really want it to be true. Therefore, it's not gonna happen. But boy does it sound awesome.  :lol

Like I said before, I can't see the actual Annihilation storyline working in a movie.

I actually really love the story from the comics, especially considering that's how the modern Guardians even got together. But you need SO many working pieces for that storyline, plus it's super dark. The movies would likely just introduce an Ultron like Annihulus and a huge CGI army and...I dunno....that'd be lame.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1839 on: October 18, 2018, 05:26:34 PM »

Like I said before, I can't see the actual Annihilation storyline working in a movie.

I actually really love the story from the comics, especially considering that's how the modern Guardians even got together. But you need SO many working pieces for that storyline, plus it's super dark. The movies would likely just introduce an Ultron like Annihulus and a huge CGI army and...I dunno....that'd be lame.

Oh I'm in full agreement re: the storyline. I just think the title is awesome 'cause annihilation is a sweet word, plus I don't think they'd actually go with that storyline anyway. I hope they take an unexpected route, whatever they choose to do in this film/the future, and surprise everyone. Pick something out of left field but make sure it's gonna work. That's always better than just going for what is cool and half-assing it or worse putting effort into it only for it to flop.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Adami

« Reply #1840 on: October 18, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »
I agree they should go left field. They should also do that with the title.

Avengers: Turd in the Wind.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1841 on: October 18, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »
 :rollin

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1842 on: October 18, 2018, 08:35:51 PM »

Still better than DC.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1843 on: October 18, 2018, 08:42:40 PM »

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a turd in the wind.. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1844 on: October 19, 2018, 09:30:05 AM »
Hmmmm, day off and a new season of Daredevil. I really don't see much getting done today  :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #1845 on: October 19, 2018, 09:57:08 AM »
Hmmmm, day off and a new season of Daredevil. I really don't see much getting done today  :lol

Ohhh. Someone asked me what I was going to do this weekend. Now I have an answer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1846 on: October 19, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »

Tonight, Saturday, and Sunday - Timberwolves game, finish Iron Fist Season 2, Timberwolves game, plow through new Daredevil season. Weekend is done already.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1847 on: October 19, 2018, 01:34:56 PM »
Well I fortunately have Sunday and Tuesday off, so I think I'm going to segment it and try to finish up on Tuesday.

Or I'll just skip life and plow through it all today.

Online Adami

« Reply #1848 on: October 19, 2018, 01:40:52 PM »
Well I fortunately have Sunday and Tuesday off, so I think I'm going to segment it and try to finish up on Tuesday.

Or I'll just skip life and plow through it all today.

See, I don't like that. Shows like Daredevil are dense. Going through it all in one day is like scarfing down a 60 dollar steak. Take your time, savor the flavor, enjoy it slowly.

Yes, I have no idea about steak, but you get my point.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1849 on: October 19, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
:lol  This steak/Daredevil lover agrees.

Online Adami

« Reply #1850 on: October 19, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
Yea. It's not going anywhere. It's not gonna get cold. It's clearly no longer urgent conversation material like Game of Thrones or even Westworld. No hurry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1851 on: October 19, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
Whatever. There's nothing in the world that I enjoyed that I also didn't devour addictively. Drugs, booze, food, Marvel. I take them all to the extreme. :metal

Online Adami

« Reply #1852 on: October 19, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Whatever. There's nothing in the world that I enjoyed that I also didn't devour addictively. Drugs, booze, food, Marvel. I take them all to the extreme. :metal

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1853 on: October 19, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »

You forgot ...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1854 on: October 19, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
Shhh....

Anyhoo, rolling into episode 6, and though it's a mite slow, it's definitely high caliber stuff. I think shit will hit the fan, and hard in a few episodes, all the pieces are in place.