Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250648 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1190 on: March 17, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
There have been published pics of Cap on the set of Avengers 4, if he bites it, it won't be in this film. Same goes for Stark and Banner.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1191 on: March 17, 2018, 01:02:56 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until 4 to kill off any of the major characters.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1192 on: March 17, 2018, 02:20:41 PM »
I'd think ending no.3 with a big death would be a brutal cliffhanger and a massive dick thing to do, which compels me to think that's exactly what they're gonna do.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1193 on: March 17, 2018, 04:12:12 PM »
When asked about major characters dying, Feige said this.....

People always will jump to that but that’s not necessarily what we’re talking about. I talk a lot, because I’m a big-ass nerd, about Star Trek: The Next Generation, ‘All Good Things.’ That to me is one of the best series finales ever. That wasn’t about death. Picard went and played poker with the crew, something he should have done a long time ago, right?

So I won't be going in waiting for anyone to die. I want any deaths to be impactful. If I have a long list of potential deaths, then the most I can experience is like "ah, there it is" when or if it happens. Seems like a lame way to be impacted.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1194 on: March 17, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
When asked about major characters dying, Feige said this.....

People always will jump to that but that’s not necessarily what we’re talking about. I talk a lot, because I’m a big-ass nerd, about Star Trek: The Next Generation, ‘All Good Things.’ That to me is one of the best series finales ever. That wasn’t about death. Picard went and played poker with the crew, something he should have done a long time ago, right?

So I won't be going in waiting for anyone to die. I want any deaths to be impactful. If I have a long list of potential deaths, then the most I can experience is like "ah, there it is" when or if it happens. Seems like a lame way to be impacted.

That's you, and that's ok.  For me, I'm totally fine with speculating and not having it impact my viewing experience.

And here's another thing that Fiege said - in that same interview - about character deaths:

Yes. I mean, I could always list off the characters that we’ve killed in our movies that haven’t come back, but the big ones, which I know they’re looking at …? [Pause.] I would just say, yes. People need to be careful what they wish for.”

There have been published pics of Cap on the set of Avengers 4, if he bites it, it won't be in this film. Same goes for Stark and Banner.

Yup, I know... alternate realities/timelines and flashbacks could esplain that.  Or, me just being flat out wrong.  There's that too.  It does happen from time to time - or according to mrs.jingle, all the time.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #1195 on: March 17, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
Are you saying that other people might experience things differently than me?

Nonsense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1196 on: March 17, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »

Nonsense.

Well, at least Stadler.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #1197 on: March 17, 2018, 04:45:08 PM »

Nonsense.

Well, at least Stadler.

But he's always wrong.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #1198 on: March 17, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »
Can we give Turk his just due for being the real glue that holds the Netflix series' together?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1199 on: March 18, 2018, 10:36:58 AM »
I just noticed something about the new movie poster for Infinity War.   Hawk Eye is not in the group photo...and Jeremy Renner is not listed among the stars.   Wiki confirms that he is supposed to be in the movie.  I just think that’s pretty messed up considering he is one of the original Avengers...even if he is a sort of “also ran” he still should be in the poster if he’s in the movie.   I mean sheesh....the librarian from Dr Strange is in the poster...but Hawk Eye isn’t?   That’s just poor form.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1200 on: March 18, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »
Wong is pretty important in the Dr. Strange world. His role as a "librarian" in the Dr. Strange movie was not an accurate portrayal of his role in the comics.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1201 on: March 18, 2018, 11:21:05 AM »
Wong is pretty important in the Dr. Strange world. His role as a "librarian" in the Dr. Strange movie was not an accurate portrayal of his role in the comics.

...but at the expense of Hawkeye?   An original Avenger?  Who *IS* in the film?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1202 on: March 18, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »

...but at the expense of Hawkeye?   An original Avenger?  Who *IS* in the film?

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1203 on: March 18, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »
 :rollin

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1204 on: March 18, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
 :rollin

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1205 on: March 18, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1206 on: March 18, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »
I love the Internet  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1207 on: March 18, 2018, 02:59:22 PM »
I just noticed something about the new movie poster for Infinity War.   Hawk Eye is not in the group photo...and Jeremy Renner is not listed among the stars.   Wiki confirms that he is supposed to be in the movie.  I just think that’s pretty messed up considering he is one of the original Avengers...even if he is a sort of “also ran” he still should be in the poster if he’s in the movie.   I mean sheesh....the librarian from Dr Strange is in the poster...but Hawk Eye isn’t?   That’s just poor form.
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/feature/a844303/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-hawkeye-fan-theory/

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1208 on: March 18, 2018, 03:05:04 PM »
I admit I haven't seen every poster or piece of art, but has Ant-Man appeared in any of it either?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1209 on: March 18, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/feature/a844303/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-hawkeye-fan-theory/

Very interesting read.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1210 on: March 19, 2018, 02:31:48 AM »
I read/see a  lot of people on the net who apearantly don't like the way season two of Jessica Jones ended. Shame, I liked it a lot. Kudo's for the writers for doing something other than the predictable. Overall I thought it was great, not as great as season one was, but pretty close.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1211 on: March 19, 2018, 06:30:15 AM »
Thor Ragnarok was awesome.  I think I agree with Bosk that Ragnarok seemed to be an afterthought - it's supposed to be this big event, but was over in a matter of minutes.  Other than that, it was a lot of fun to watch.  Still haven't seen the last Spiderman, though I'll wait until I get a 99 cent rental again from Google Play.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1212 on: March 19, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »
I read/see a  lot of people on the net who apearantly don't like the way season two of Jessica Jones ended. Shame, I liked it a lot. Kudo's for the writers for doing something other than the predictable. Overall I thought it was great, not as great as season one was, but pretty close.

Totally agree. I really loved season 2.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: March 19, 2018, 08:25:29 AM »

Totally agree. I really loved season 2.

Yeah, I forgot to post my thoughts on season two as well.

I really loved that there wasn't a "villain" per se. Instead, we got themes of ambition, addiction, mental states (With great power comes great mental illness), family and loyalty. Each had pitfalls to be overcome by Jess and others. No one was truly evil but there did seem to be a lot of dark/questionable motivations. I loved how Malcom, Trish and Jeri all got worse as the season unfolded. Trish may be my favorite character to hate now.  :)

Anyway, loved season 2. Not as impactful or frightening as season 1, but it did managed to steer clear of a lot of comic cliches while still being very much a gritty comic story. Good on Netflix.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1214 on: March 20, 2018, 01:09:23 PM »
Wasnt' really planning to but went ahead and bought IMAX 2D tickets to the opening screening on Thursday night at 7 pm. Still over a month to wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1215 on: March 20, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »
I just realized Infinity War opens the day after we go on vacation. I won't be able to see it for probably 3 weeks after it comes out. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid spoilers.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1216 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:09 AM »
Really cool article/interview linked below about Infinity War.  Before putting the link in, let me just say that, in a general sense, it is fairly spoilery.  But as far as specifics, it's not really spoilery at all.  Just depends on your tolerance.  Overall, it's a really cool read about the challenge of making a movie (or, more precisely, two movies) of such a huge scope, and the challenge of continuity with the ever-growing MCU.  There's also a lot in there about developing Thanos as a very deep and relatable character.  Again, it is couched in general terms and about the mechanics of it all and not in terms of specific plot points, so I think most people won't have a problem reading it.  But for those who want to keep away from anything other than a trailer or two, you might want to avoid it.

https://collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely-interview/#ant-man
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1217 on: March 25, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
Finished Season 2 of JJ and I really really like it.    Made me want to go back and try and watch Daredevil again and see if I can't work my way up to the Defenders.   Still never seen that.   But I feel like I should try and finish Luke Cage and Iron Fist before I dive into Defenders.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1218 on: March 25, 2018, 08:09:57 PM »

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1219 on: March 25, 2018, 11:43:21 PM »
J-dude, you're not missing much with the Defenders. It was a nice effort, but no more than that. Same with Iron Fist.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1220 on: March 26, 2018, 01:24:30 AM »
This isn't a Marvel vs DC post - well it kind off is I guess, but it's more for perspective.  It is likely Black Panthers US domestic total (currently 630m) will be higher than Justice Leagues Worldwide total (657m). 

Offline Adami

« Reply #1221 on: March 26, 2018, 07:39:37 PM »
So apparently Ronan and Korath from Guardians, as well as Coulson well appear in Captain Marvel.

Interesting. 
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1222 on: March 26, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
So apparently Ronan and Korath from Guardians, as well as Coulson well appear in Captain Marvel.

Interesting.

Just when I thought they’d never include anyone from AOS in the movies anymore :eek It’s not present day Coulson, but it’s better than nothing.

Also, apparently there was a Captain Marvel easter egg on Black Panther, becuause Everett Ross was an air force pilot, just like... Carol Danvers. So, we might see him too.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1223 on: March 26, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=159&v=D86RtevtfrA

New deadpool trailer. Hell yeah

"It's hard to understand you with that pity dick in your mouth..."

Yup, that'll be used in the kitchen.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef