Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250492 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #980 on: January 31, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
Maybe a Netflix season of her assassin days would be more fitting and interesting.

I love this  idea.

Of course you do.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #981 on: January 31, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »
Yeah, I think ya'll have sold me on having a Black Widow show. I don't think this iteration of Black Widow has earned a solo film. I always felt that she is a good side character. They way they used her in Winter Soldier was perfect. But now that I think about, I think her character can be expanded more with a 10 episode Netflix show (or the Disney streaming service coming soon) than a 2hr feature.

But then again, we're getting another Ant-Man movie...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #982 on: February 02, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
Black Panther is almost here!  :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:26:35 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online ErHaO

« Reply #983 on: February 06, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
It is reviewing really well, which is usually a good sign. Looking forward to it, Black Panther was one of my favourite elements in Civil War actually. Seems like a badass superhero and one of the more "serious" ones, which MCU could use because they have so many wisecracks/comedic heroes (which I also enjoy very much, but BP seems like a very good addition to the roster).

Offline jammindude

« Reply #984 on: February 06, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »
Just an update.  I’m 4 episodes into Season 4.   This show just keeps getting better and better.   

It may seem hokey, but I have actually started to insert the movies where they go in the timeline.  So I’ve followed the Marvel timeline ever since Age of Ultron and it’s actually REALLY cool.  Because you’re able to see a reference to the upcoming Sakovia event, then watch the movie as it happens, then continue to watch the show and see them reference what just happened in the movie.   So I continued to follow the Marvel timeline with Civil War, and Ant Man, and even the online series Slingshot.  I’m actually pausing right here because I guess Dr. Strange is supposed to be inserted right now.  (Actually....the Marvel timeline says the events of the first half of the movie happen near the end of Season 3, and then the events of the second half of the movie happen right now after episode 4....but I didn’t want to split up the movie, so I just waited until now).   So I’m rewatching Dr Strange tomorrow night before continuing.    At this rate, I’ll be caught up by the time Black Panther comes out. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #985 on: February 06, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »
So I just remembered that Peter freakin Dinklage is in Avengers 3 and/or 4. I think we all kind of forgot about that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ErHaO

« Reply #986 on: February 07, 2018, 05:40:31 AM »
Just an update.  I’m 4 episodes into Season 4.   This show just keeps getting better and better. 

Agents of Shield?

Season 4 of that show is, in my opinion, the best season of a superhero show by a wide margin.  It keeps up the quality for 22 episodes, something many series struggle to do at even 12 or, hell, 8 episodes. It keeps building to climax after climax, all of which seem like a logical progression from the last plot point.

Too bad the show started out with the terrible first season (or, the first half of it, to be precise). It turned many people of permanently and I think this show would've had waaay more viewers if it was closer to season 2 quality.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #987 on: February 07, 2018, 07:14:09 AM »
Dead pool 2 trailer - https://youtu.be/uiEThbdN7qA

Fuck yeah.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #988 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:33 AM »

Fuck yeah.

Love it! There really is nothing like Deadpool!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #989 on: February 07, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »

Fuck yeah.

Love it! There really is nothing like Deadpool!

And thank goodness for that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #990 on: February 07, 2018, 08:24:46 AM »

Fuck yeah.

YES!

Loved it.

The little Justice League did was nice too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #991 on: February 07, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »

It may seem hokey, but I have actually started to insert the movies where they go in the timeline.  So I’ve followed the Marvel timeline ever since Age of Ultron and it’s actually REALLY cool.  Because you’re able to see a reference to the upcoming Sakovia event, then watch the movie as it happens, then continue to watch the show and see them reference what just happened in the movie.   So I continued to follow the Marvel timeline with Civil War, and Ant Man, and even the online series Slingshot.  I’m actually pausing right here because I guess Dr. Strange is supposed to be inserted right now.  (Actually....the Marvel timeline says the events of the first half of the movie happen near the end of Season 3, and then the events of the second half of the movie happen right now after episode 4....but I didn’t want to split up the movie, so I just waited until now).   So I’m rewatching Dr Strange tomorrow night before continuing.    At this rate, I’ll be caught up by the time Black Panther comes out.

One of the coolest moments in the MCU is still  the reveal that Coulson had been secretly tracking down Loki's scepter in Agents of Shield and then saying "time to bring in the Avengers" and then going straight into Age of Ultron in theaters the next day. Man, was I pumped at that point.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #992 on: February 08, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
So I just remembered that Peter freakin Dinklage is in Avengers 3 and/or 4. I think we all kind of forgot about that.

I didn't.  I just don't much see it as an important fact.

And I had no idea that that was his middle name.  The more you know...

Online Adami

« Reply #993 on: February 08, 2018, 10:09:52 AM »

I didn't.  I just don't much see it as an important fact.

And I had no idea that that was his middle name.  The more you know...

Probably not terribly important, just goes to show how many people are in this movie that such a name isn't even talked about anymore.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #994 on: February 08, 2018, 10:16:44 AM »
But what do you mean by "such a name?"  You seem to be implying that he is a big name (i.e., "important"), which I don't understand.

Online Adami

« Reply #995 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »
But what do you mean by "such a name?"  You seem to be implying that he is a big name (i.e., "important"), which I don't understand.

I dunno. Maybe it's cause I'm a GoT fan, and most of the social media outlets regarding these things are also big on GoT, that I assume he is a bigger name than he is.

I just assumed he was pretty popular. And I assumed his recent Superbowl ad with Morgan Freeman showed that. Might be wrong though, and obviously some circles just don't care about him at all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #996 on: February 08, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
I wasn't even aware that he was on GoT (I don't watch).  I know who he is, and I'm not slagging him as an actor or a person, or anything like that.  I just have never seen him in anything but minor supporting roles, so...

Anyway, it's not an important point either way.  I do wonder what character he will play, since it will obviously be a role requiring specific physical attributes.  I remember seeing something about that awhile back, but it was speculation, and the speculation about who it was wasn't a character I was familiar with. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #997 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
I love me some Dinklage. He's definitely not a "big name", but he's a great actor that has done a few different roles that are totally opposite of each other and still pulls them off with complete authenticity. If you're in the mood for a more slow paced, somber film, The Station Agent is a really great heartwarming film. He is also really good in Death At A Funeral and Pete Smalls Is Dead. Though like Bosk said, those are more supporting roles (he's the central character in The Station Agent though).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #998 on: February 08, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »
"He's an angry elf"

Online Adami

« Reply #999 on: February 08, 2018, 06:08:52 PM »
So we all got the JL reference in the Deadpool trailer. However....

When he’s playing with the toys, he says to toy cable “I got your stones” or something, referring to his balls. Seems like an infinity stone reference too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #1000 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:37 AM »
I just finished watching Black Panther. As a fanboy of Christopher Priest's classic run in the comic book that became the template of this modern take on the character, I have to say that this movie nailed it. It would be quite hard for another comic book-based superhero movie to top this one.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #1001 on: February 14, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »
Just saw Black Panther. It was fantastic!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: February 14, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
Just saw Black Panther. It was fantastic!!

Friday at 3:45 for me and jingle.son.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1003 on: February 14, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
I think me, bosk2, and bosk3 will go Monday.  We'll see.

Online Adami

« Reply #1004 on: February 14, 2018, 05:07:25 PM »

YOU HAVE CLONES?!?!?

I'm seeing it tomorrow at 730pm. WOOOO. Got my Imax tickets. Nice to have reserve seating for a movie like this on opening night.

Also super pumped to be around all the douchey movie goers on their cell phones and talking throughout the movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: February 14, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »

Please god... make shirts for this ala Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1006 on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
Guys, i’ve been reading too many articles and comments stating Black Panther is the first black superhero movie lol. Nobody here by the way!

Blade was the first Marvel film that had starred a lead actor and actress who were black. Blade is also first Marvel film that wasn’t awful, and that movie, not X-Men, also should comended for jumpstarting the current golden age of comic book movies. Blade wasn’t also the first black superhero adapted from comics. We had DC’s Steel and Image’s Spawn make a feature appearancef first. Also, Meteor Man is technically the first black superhero on film, even if he was an original hero for film.

Black Panther is the first superhero film with a majority black cast and a black director. Black Panther himself is also the first black superhero to appear in mainstream comic books, so this movies release is culturally important and exciting! It helps looks really, really good! No surprise, since Ryan Coogler is easily one of the best up and coming directors.

I’m so excited for this movie! It’s been a long time that I’ve been this pumped for a superhero film

Online Adami

« Reply #1007 on: February 15, 2018, 02:21:24 PM »
Meteor Man was before blade. :)

Just being a bit silly, but technically true.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1008 on: February 15, 2018, 02:33:06 PM »
Right...that’s what i said? First black superhero on film?

Edit: I was just reminded about Blankman  :laugh:

Online Adami

« Reply #1009 on: February 15, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention that Meteor Man also had a Marvel run. So technically the first black Marvel hero.

I also missed that in your post and now I'm trying to look less foolish.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1010 on: February 15, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention that Meteor Man also had a Marvel run. So technically the first black Marvel hero.

I also missed that in your post and now I'm trying to look less foolish.

Haha no worries. Also, I didn’t know Meteor Man had a Marvel run! I really want to find those issues, because I still enjoy Meteor Man to this day

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1012 on: February 15, 2018, 08:03:06 PM »
Just saw Black panther in IMAX. Great movie. I'd rate it 9/10. A lot of fun and in terms of story I'd say it's along the lines of Spiderman homecoming. Was totally worth it on the big screen.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1013 on: February 15, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
Good to hear, heading out to see it in IMAX now...

Online Adami

« Reply #1014 on: February 15, 2018, 11:34:23 PM »
I really liked it!

Not perfect, but really good. I wouldn't put it as high as Civil War or Winter Soldier or any of that, but it was a great movie with some pretty typical Marvel flaws.

Michael B. Jordan also killed it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com