Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251174 times)

Offline contest_sanity

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #840 on: November 27, 2017, 12:55:07 PM »
^ Almost certain they're not allowed to use the "M" word. According to the show-runners, the characters in Runaways are fully aware of the Avengers and the wider universe, but they're not going to reference them unless there is some REALLY compelling reason to do so.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #841 on: November 28, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
Infinity War trailer officially coming tomorrow.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #842 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
Infinity War trailer officially coming tomorrow.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #843 on: November 28, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »
Saw your post earlier, Adami, but I haven't seen anything official in the usual places.  (granted, I haven't looked that hard)  What is your source?

I think the fact that people are so eagerly anticipating a trailer is a fascinating phenomenon.  I know this isn't the first movie for that to happen with, and it is just sort of a thing now for people to anticipate a trailer and then analyze it to death and try to piece together the entire film.  But with the 10 year, 18 film (assuming I counted correctly) build-up to the first Infinity War film, the anticipation is obviously justified.  Marvel has done a pretty brilliant thing here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #845 on: November 28, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
:tup  Thanks!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #846 on: November 28, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »

Hah I’m glad you asked for it, cause for a minute I started to wonder if maybe I just read an unofficial thing and got confused.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #847 on: November 28, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
That video is on the Marvel Entertainment YT page as well.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #848 on: November 28, 2017, 08:29:24 PM »

Hah I’m glad you asked for it, cause for a minute I started to wonder if maybe I just read an unofficial thing and got confused.

No worries.  I hadn't actively searched for it.  But the news sites I was on that usually are up to the minute on Marvel, Star Wars, and the other hottest entertainment, were silent, which is odd.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:12 AM »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #850 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »
Holy balls that looks amazing. I got goosebumps. I may have to go back and watch all the movies again.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #851 on: November 29, 2017, 07:41:39 AM »
Yeah, I probably need to go home and just take a cold shower for the next hour or so. Also looking into freezing myself until May 2018, Cartman style.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #852 on: November 29, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
Holy crap. I can not wait for this movie

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #853 on: November 29, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »
Looks good!  I watched it twice, but went back a third time to look at a couple of scenes I was interested in that impact my own personal theory of how Thanos gets each of the stones and where the soul stone is.  I think there are a couple of scenes that are cleverly edited together here that actually have nothing to do with one another.  Can't wait until May!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #854 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:06 AM »
Thanos punching that guy in the head and sending him flying = releasing the Infinity War trailer after Justice League flops  :lol This looks incredible. I got chills more than once watching it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #855 on: November 29, 2017, 08:35:37 AM »
Even if Infinity War isn't fantastic and is just "good," Marvel deserves a TON of credit just for having a vision this big and being able to successfully execute it over such a long period of time.  Now that the end of where this has all been building to since Iron Man is in sight, I can't help but look back and be awestruck at what they have been able to pull off in terms of successfully building such a detailed, fairly consistent, deep universe. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #856 on: November 29, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
It's amazing how Thanos CGI in their first teaser trailer is better than the CGI on Steppenwolf in the finished version of Justice League.

Offline Adami

« Reply #857 on: November 29, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
Looks good!  I watched it twice, but went back a third time to look at a couple of scenes I was interested in that impact my own personal theory of how Thanos gets each of the stones and where the soul stone is.  I think there are a couple of scenes that are cleverly edited together here that actually have nothing to do with one another.  Can't wait until May!

Yea, the mind stone seems to be yellow, and the stone Thanos puts in his gauntlet was blue, so likely from the tesseract that Loki gives him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: November 29, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »
Anyone else find it funny they waited until after Justice League released (and flopped) to finally release this? I want a GIF of the part where Thanos punches Iron Man (at least I think that's him) where Marvel's logo is photoshopped on Thanos's head and DC's on IM's  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #859 on: November 29, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
Anyone else find it funny they waited until after Justice League released (and flopped) to finally release this? I want a GIF of the part where Thanos punches Iron Man (at least I think that's him) where Marvel's logo is photoshopped on Thanos's head and DC's on IM's  :lol

I mean....they had to release it eventually, and it's not like JL just came out this week.

From what I gather, they wanted to release it a bit later but at least part of it leaked and they moved up the release date.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #860 on: November 29, 2017, 09:10:07 AM »

Yea, the mind stone seems to be yellow, and the stone Thanos puts in his gauntlet was blue, so likely from the tesseract that Loki gives him.
I think he may have one more at that point as well, but we cannot tell because of the way the gauntlet is turned (the one that goes on the thumb side).  But that assumes the soul stone is where I think it is.

Offline Adami

« Reply #861 on: November 29, 2017, 09:13:49 AM »
I think the one he already had was probably the power stone from the collector. Weird though that he wouldn't have already hit up Nova and snagged that one too by that point. But we'll see.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:48 AM »

I think he may have one more at that point as well, but we cannot tell because of the way the gauntlet is turned (the one that goes on the thumb side).  But that assumes the soul stone is where I think it is.

When we see him put the blue (Space) stone in the Gauntlet, the purple (Power) stone was already in there (@ 1:49, you can see the purple stone on the index finger pretty clearly).  And I'm pretty sure it's Spidey that Thanos is going 1-1 with in a couple of clips.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #863 on: November 29, 2017, 09:23:02 AM »
See, I don't think the scene late in the trailer where he is adding a second (possibly third) stone to the gauntlet is on earth and that it follows the scene where he apparently takes the mind stone from vision.  I think it's...somewhere else, and that that scene happens prior to Thanos arriving on earth (and he will then use the space stone to get to earth).  But what is throwing me is that there appears to be a big battle taking place in Wakanda, which may support that the soul stone is there (a theory I had personally discounted in favor of two other theories I felt were more plausible).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: November 29, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »

I mean....they had to release it eventually, and it's not like JL just came out this week.

From what I gather, they wanted to release it a bit later but at least part of it leaked and they moved up the release date.

Thanks for raining on my fun, Adami :) Yeah, this trailer is noticeably different from the leaked one that came out a long time ago.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #865 on: November 29, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »
See, I don't think the scene late in the trailer where he is adding a second (possibly third) stone to the gauntlet is on earth and that it follows the scene where he apparently takes the mind stone from vision.

I agree.

Interesting to see how this plays out, because doesn't the collector have both the Power (purple/orb) and Reality (red/aether)?  So, if Thanos snatches the purple from The Collector, wouldn't he also grab the red at the same time?  And if it's purple/index and blue/middle, that's not following any of the color schemes used in other promo pics, or the comics - not that really matters.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #866 on: November 29, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
See, I don't think the scene late in the trailer where he is adding a second (possibly third) stone to the gauntlet is on earth and that it follows the scene where he apparently takes the mind stone from vision.

I agree.

Interesting to see how this plays out, because doesn't the collector have both the Power (purple/orb) and Reality (red/aether)?  So, if Thanos snatches the purple from The Collector, wouldn't he also grab the red at the same time?  And if it's purple/index and blue/middle, that's not following any of the color schemes used in other promo pics, or the comics - not that really matters.

No, the purple is on Nova Prime, remember?  Only the red is with the Collector.  And I don't know that they will necessarily follow the color scheme of the comics.  The stones themselves already don't correspond, so I doubt the color positioning in the gauntlet will

If you like, I can tell you my theory.  It is all speculative, but some may consider it spoilery even though it is just one fan guessing.

Offline Adami

« Reply #867 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
OH Yea. Totally forgot that the power stone was with nova. And it’s likely Loki isn’t handing that over on earth. It’s probably on their ship. Maybe the collector is next on his stop.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: November 29, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
OH Yea. Totally forgot that the power stone was with nova. And it’s likely Loki isn’t handing that over on earth. It’s probably on their ship. Maybe the collector is next on his stop.

Ditto.  Never did re-watch GOTG 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos' acquisition of purple and/or red don't get a lot of (or any) screen time, just a quick verbal explanation... maybe a flashback scene.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #869 on: November 29, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »

Ditto.  Never did re-watch GOTG 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos' acquisition of purple and/or red don't get a lot of (or any) screen time, just a quick verbal explanation... maybe a flashback scene.

Yeah, same here.  So, here's how I think it loosely plays out:  **maybe spoilers, since I am basing this off info in the trailer, Ragnorok, and the D23 trailer leaked footage**

Pretty sure that was Thanos' ship at the end of Ragnarok.  So, he is showing up to get the space stone, at minimum.  I also buy into the Heimdall theory that he has the soul stone.  It is consistent with his powers and the otherwise inexplicable orange color of his eyes.  The only other locations that make sense for the soul stone are:

-Wakanda:  At first, I didn't buy into this theory at all.  And three infinity stones on earth, an otherwise insignificant planet?  If both the time stone and soul stone were there previously, why didn't Thanos or somebody else of interest make a play long before the Avengers existed and, thus, long before earth could even think of defending itself?  But it might make sense that the soul stone came to earth on the same asteroid that brought vibranium, and that it is the source of Wakanda's mystical powers.  Plus, the fact that there appears to be a large battle in Wakanda in the trailer is lending support for it be potentially be there.  Still, I just feel that that is a long shot.

-Some other previously-undisclosed location:  Highly possible since the sky is the limit.  The problem is, there will need to be a fair amount of exposition devoted solely to this new place, right?  We have to feel invested and feel the stakes, right?  Not sure they can do that in a single film that is going to have so much more going on as it is.

Heimdall having it requires minimal exposition and set-up.  He has it.  It is the source of his power to see the souls of all the folks in the galaxy.  Thanos shows up and gets a two-fer'.  And I think Loki is likely in on it and was the one to alert Thanos to their position in the first place.  (if not, we have the same maddening issue as Han and Chewie instantaneously finding the Millenium Falcon in TFA--too much serendipity and too little lapse of time to make it convincing)

This leads into the footage from the leaked D23 teaser.  The Guardians find Thor's body floating in space.  Presumably, this is after the battle with Thanos where he takes the blue and maybe orange stones and, also presumably, thumps Thor and leaves him for dead.  The Guardians find him.  And then I can see either of two scenarios playing out that both end up in the same place:

-Scenario 1:  Thanos has already taken the power stone from Nova Prime and/or the ether from the Collector.  The Guardians are trying to stop him, but arrive too late.  They find Thor, and after reviving him, realize that Thanos is on his way to earth.  Lots of stuff happens on earth.  The Guardians eventually arrive with Thor.  But they are too late because Thanos has won and taken all the stones.  Bad guys clearly have the advantage.  Cut to credits.

-Scenario 2:  The Guardians are there for some other reason.  Once they revive Thor and find out Thanos' plan, they realize that two other stones are in jeopardy that are on Nova Prime and with the Collector.  They basically chase Thanos around the galaxy, each time arriving too late to do anything about it, but eventually arrive on earth with Thor.  But they are too late because Thanos has won and taken all the stones.  Bad guys clearly have the advantage.  Cut to credits.

I think either of those work.  And, yeah, none of this is earth shattering.  But best I can tell, I think the big picture outline of the film is likely to follow something like that. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #870 on: November 29, 2017, 10:50:32 AM »
Even if Infinity War isn't fantastic and is just "good," Marvel deserves a TON of credit just for having a vision this big and being able to successfully execute it over such a long period of time.  Now that the end of where this has all been building to since Iron Man is in sight, I can't help but look back and be awestruck at what they have been able to pull off in terms of successfully building such a detailed, fairly consistent, deep universe.

Definitely this. I am so over 99% of the superhero shit coming out these days, but watching this gave me the bumps of geese and I'm definitely going to see this in the theaters. It may well be the last one I give a shit about until there's a long break or till the inevitable reboots (or change in characters/paradigm).

I was surprised how much I loved The Punisher but that was obviously completely different from anything else they've done on a whole lot of levels. This, like Bosk said, is just the end of the line for what can be considered small beginnings and a plan that probably a whole lot of people thought either wouldn't come to fruition or would be a shell of what the original vision was. They've gone above and beyond.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #871 on: November 29, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
Yeah, I have avidly gobbled up all the related films and a good deal of the tv stuff just to be a completist. After the final Infinity Wars film, I will probably be a bit more selective and only see ones that individually interest me, as my interest in the genre is starting to wane a bit.  But I am still very interested in the overall Infinity Gauntlet saga and can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #872 on: November 29, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
Anyone have a list of each individual infinity stone and what movie they appeared in?

Also, it sounds like starting with phase 4 the MCU is going to change quite a bit.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #873 on: November 29, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: November 29, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
^ Excellent Graphic.  "Coincidentally"...

T - Tesseract (Space)
H -  (Soul)
A - Aether (Reality)
N - Necklace / Eye of Agamotto (Time)
O - Orb (Power)
S - Sceptre (Mind)