Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251276 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #735 on: October 13, 2017, 10:16:21 AM »
Yeah, that's what I thought too.  Cheatsheet isn't some prestigious news source of anything, but I've never known them to be so blatantly wrong about something before, so this threw me.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #736 on: October 14, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
God damn this Inhumans show is dumb.

Medusa briefly looks at moon.
Girl with her: OMG ARE YOU FROM THE MOON?!?!

"That ring? I saw the exact same ring on the guy that was briefly shown on the news that one time"

Who the hell is writing this?

Also Karnak is one of my favorite Marvel characters. This version is not Karnak. Not even remotely beyond the tattoos.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #737 on: October 14, 2017, 03:44:05 PM »
Just finished watching Spider-Man: Homecoming.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I don't know if we could call it the best Spider-Man movie ever, but.... damn, it's the best Spider-Man movie ever. The idea of a teenage Peter Parker was executed brilliantly, the backstory was not once again spelled out (You just get his nosy friend asking how it happened and he says he was bitten by a spider... of course he was bitten by a spider, we all know it, let's move on. Smart move), and it was just credible - he was making mistakes and showing he has still a lot to learn both in his attitude, and with the way he moves around with the webs.

Sure, the ever present cliches of school are there - the guy that picks on him, the huge cool party where everyone's there, the prom drama etc, but for the rest, it all flows well. The story is nice and not yet "Let's have Spider-Man fighting a famous enemy", the humor is as always brilliant (loved the guy at the end coming out of the toilet when Happy was trying to talk!), and Tony Stark was not a gimmick to draw more people in but he was coherent to the story.

Really, a fun enjoyable movie and with a teen Spider-Man completely and totally nailed. Loved also how the post-credits sequence was just a self parody of those things  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Adami

« Reply #738 on: October 14, 2017, 03:50:37 PM »
I'm also pretty sure someone said "We need a Felicity Smoke in this show. And really....don't try to hide it"

And yes, Spiderman Homecoming is amazing. I really loved it. Can't wait to buy it on Blu Ray and watch it again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #739 on: October 14, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
Forgot to say that the chick in school that had no friends and seemingly didn't care for anything was awesome.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Adami

« Reply #740 on: October 14, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »
Forgot to say that the chick in school that had no friends and seemingly didn't care for anything was awesome.

Except when they made her MJ. They really could have skipped that.

It was like in The Dark Knight Rises when you find out JGL's real name was Robin at the end.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #741 on: October 16, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #742 on: October 16, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
I didn't quite have the

:jawdrop:

reaction.  But still, pretty cool.  And that's the thing with the Marvel films.  Maybe we are getting to the point where we're getting too saturated with the Marvel universe and/or superheroes in general.  And maybe some of the stories haven't been fantastic.  But they just make fun, visually cool films that are a blast to watch.  This one looks like no exception.  Looking forward to it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #743 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »
Yea, I'm with Bosk on liking the trailer but not being in awe. I liked the first one a lot more.

I have 2 major concerns.

1) It's again doing the Marvel thing of the good guy fighting the bad version of himself. It's literally two black panthers. I mean, luckily they got two insanely amazing actors in the roles, but I was hoping for something a little less blatant.

2) The fighting scenes are looking VERY video gameish. I'm sure the graphics will be better when they're done, but they're doing way too much over the top Matrixesque fight scenes, which doesn't feel very Black Panther.

Beyond that, I'm still very very excited for this movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #744 on: October 19, 2017, 02:42:25 AM »
So I just catched up on The Inhumans...
.......my God...it's just the worst.... Seriously. This makes Iron Fist feel like the best show ever.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #745 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
It is seriously bad on almost every level.

Online Adami

« Reply #746 on: October 19, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »
It is seriously bad on almost every level.

I'll maintain that the acting from Black Bolt and Medusa isn't too bad. The rest? Ugh. It really does make Iron Fist look good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #747 on: October 19, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »
I'm actually having a hard time blaming any of the actors, it must be absolutely impossible to deliver a good performance when this is the material they have to work with. Black Bolt is a performance that's easy to excuse here because he doesn't have to deal with any of the abysmal dialogue.

Online Adami

« Reply #748 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »
I'm actually having a hard time blaming any of the actors, it must be absolutely impossible to deliver a good performance when this is the material they have to work with. Black Bolt is a performance that's easy to excuse here because he doesn't have to deal with any of the abysmal dialogue.

Oh I can totally blame a number of them, but the worst is Crystal. She is just awful.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #749 on: October 19, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »
 the actor that plays Black Bolt is amazing another shows that I've seen.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2017, 08:45:13 PM »
the actor that plays Black Bolt is amazing another shows that I've seen.

He's doing a great job actually. He's just given almost nothing of substance to work with. I feel for the guy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #751 on: October 19, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »
Oh I totally agree.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #752 on: October 20, 2017, 02:12:47 AM »
So 'Thor : Ragnarok' is getting great reviews (98% on RT at the minute).  Supposed to be a decent story but is being called the funniest marvel film to date,  probably due to being directed by Taika Waititi (to anyone who hasn't seen 'What we do in the Shadows' - watch it).

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #753 on: October 20, 2017, 02:37:13 AM »
(to anyone who hasn't seen 'What we do in the Shadows' - watch it).

Agreed. One of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen.

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #754 on: October 20, 2017, 04:35:57 AM »
(to anyone who hasn't seen 'What we do in the Shadows' - watch it).

Agreed. One of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen.

+1!

Inhumans:
Anson Mount and Iwan Rheon (Maximus) are great actors, so I hope this show doesn't hurt them in the long run.

When Mordis(?) was revealed I laughed so hard. That is one of the worst costumes I've ever seen...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #755 on: October 20, 2017, 06:12:47 AM »
One more appreciation for What we do in the shadows! brilliant take on the whole (saturated ) vampire trend.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #756 on: October 20, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
I wouldn't really have minded Mordis' costume if they hadn't made his character such a goofball. They set him up to actually be cool, but he, just like everything/one else in this show, is just so lame.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #757 on: October 20, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
I just hope they find better writers/producers for the show if they, hopefully, get a 2nd season. I don't think it's that bad, though.

I'm just posting to this thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but I think they should make people crossover from the other Marvel TV shows, so Inhumans gets more views/rating, that could benefit them a lot.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #758 on: October 20, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »
I'd bet my life savings that Inhumans (as a standalone show) will be buried and never spoken of ever again.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Agents of Shield abandons the "Inhuman" classification for Daisy and YoYo
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #759 on: October 20, 2017, 03:08:03 PM »
I just hope they find better writers/producers for the show if they, hopefully, get a 2nd season. I don't think it's that bad, though.

I'm just posting to this thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but I think they should make people crossover from the other Marvel TV shows, so Inhumans gets more views/rating, that could benefit them a lot.

It's really bad dude. It's better off left to die. Better for them, better for everyone. Let the actors all move on to better projects.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #760 on: October 20, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »

It's really bad dude. It's better off left to die. Better for them, better for everyone. Let the actors all move on to better projects.

At least it keeps me entertained untill Agents of Shield comes back  :lol :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

« Reply #761 on: October 20, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »

At least it keeps me entertained untill Agents of Shield comes back  :lol :biggrin:

Watch The Flash, or Legends, or even Arrow or Supergirl if you want.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #762 on: October 20, 2017, 10:28:09 PM »

Watch The Flash, or Legends, or even Arrow or Supergirl if you want.

Big fan of Flash and Arrow here, been following all their seasons. LoT is fine, I only watch it because it's connected to the other two. Supergirl I really wanted to like, but it's just not for me (too much teenage drama)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2017, 01:43:29 AM »
Didn’t someone here say that Inhumans was already cancelled?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #764 on: October 21, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
If it's not already cancelled it will be before the season ends.

Iron Fist and Inhumans have one thing in common: Scott Buck. He's the showrunner for both shows. He's also the man responsible for the abomination that was the last 3 seasons of Dexter. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to hire him, but after both of his shows being received this badly I hope he stays far far away from anything Marvel related.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #765 on: October 21, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
Didn’t someone here say that Inhumans was already cancelled?

I heard someone say this season was being marketed as "the complete series", so it sounded like they secretly canceled it behind the scenes.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #766 on: October 23, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »
Anyone see the Infinity Wars trailer from D23/Comicon?  It leaked and is out there.  Hard to tell without having seen Ragnarok, but it looks like it may have a big Ragnarok spoiler.  I won't say any more, other than:  wow!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #767 on: October 23, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »

Online Adami

« Reply #768 on: October 23, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
This is kinda cool:  https://www.yahoo.com/movies/apos-watch-entire-mcu-order-180815826.html

Very cool list. Just noticed two flaws.

They put Avengers Assemble as the first Avengers movie for some reason.

They put Inhumans as something you should watch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #769 on: October 23, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
They put Avengers Assemble as the first Avengers movie for some reason.
Maybe because it is?

It's just the UK name for The Avengers.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.