Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250247 times)

Offline DougMasters

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #700 on: September 29, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
I didn't have a problem with Iron Fist in the Defenders.

We did a podcast on the Defenders,

I specifically admit I minded him less in the Defenders but by god I still think his character is obnoxious.

The actor though, Finn Jones, is amazing. I just hate the character, ever so much.

He was right though, tying him up was a big mistake.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #701 on: September 30, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »
So I watched the first two Inhumans episodes.

Damn that was bad. I'll start with the pros though.....

Pros:
Blackbolt. For the most part, he wasn't bad. Had some decent moments. I had very low expectations though for him.
Medussa. Not a bad actress. Not great, but not bad.
Lockjaw is really cute actually.

Cons:
Gorgon. Dude was awful. Every scene. Every piece of dialogue. Everything. Just awfu.
Triton. Pointless and terrible.
Crystal. Truly horrible B grade level everything.
The sign language. I won't go into why I hated this, cause it would be a long rant but......no. Just no.
Everything else. Just awful.

So many bad things that I get lost as to where to start.

Here's a visual analogy comparing how the show should have been on the left, and how it turned out on the right.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #702 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
one of their biggest f ups. it is truly bad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #703 on: September 30, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
I love Anson Mount as an actor. His role on "Hell On Wheels" was amazing.  Black Bolt is a tough role to play not being able to talk.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #704 on: September 30, 2017, 09:08:06 PM »
I love Anson Mount as an actor. His role on "Hell On Wheels" was amazing.  Black Bolt is a tough role to play not being able to talk.

He definitely wasn't the worst part of the show. Honestly, his acting was fine. The writing is what killed his character. Same with Medusa.

The rest of them though.....
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #705 on: September 30, 2017, 09:09:52 PM »
 I have it dvr'd and I'll follow through the whole season because I want to keep up with the Marvel timeline but it's obvious how they went from a movie to a TV show and what went wrong.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Adami

« Reply #706 on: September 30, 2017, 09:19:03 PM »
I have it dvr'd and I'll follow through the whole season because I want to keep up with the Marvel timeline but it's obvious how they went from a movie to a TV show and what went wrong.

Oh so many things went wrong. Just so many things. Honestly, I couldn't even type up all of my thoughts on the first two episodes. I have so many things to say that I'd break my keyboard.

Sadly I can't expect the next 6 episodes to be much better, assuming they don't just disregard everything and start again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: September 30, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »
Oh, I hear ya.  It's so short that I think I can invest my time hopefully it gets slightly better.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »
Yeah, Inhumans really wasn't good. Best thing about it was the villain though, I actually agree with that guy. Maybe his way to go about things aren't the best but hey, I'm rooting for that guy.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2017, 06:12:18 AM »
It's never a good sign when the pro's simply that certain aspects 'weren't bad'.  I gave up on this with the first trailer.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: October 01, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
It wasn't as bad as others were saying. To me it's on the level as Agents Of Shield.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #711 on: October 01, 2017, 06:33:18 AM »
It wasn't as bad as others were saying. To me it's on the level as Agents Of Shield.

Did you watch it before your first coffee this morning?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: October 01, 2017, 06:40:13 AM »
 :lol

With my first cup.  It's ok.  Not great but just ok.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #713 on: October 01, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
Finally got to watch Doctor Strange. Such a great movie and the effects are just flat out amazing. Loved the story, the acting, everything. I think this may just end up in one of my top 5 Marvel movies.
I'm all caught up with the MCU movies and cannot wait for Thor next month.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Adami

« Reply #714 on: October 01, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

What? Minus the first season, Agents is awesome. People, I feel, gave up after a few episodes and just kind of assumed it stayed bad. It is a fantastic show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: October 01, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
Agents is good not great.  I still follow it.  I'm not bothered when a show it not great.  I still enjoy it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #716 on: October 01, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »
Agents is good not great.  I still follow it.  I'm not bothered when a show it not great.  I still enjoy it.

You'd really put the first two episodes of Inhumans on the same level as the Ghost Rider or LMD storylines of Shield?

I mean, I guess different strokes, but I think Agents is really great. As far as Marvel goes, I'd put it above Iron Fist, Luke Cage and the Defenders.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: October 01, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »
No but I put it the same as the 1st 2 episodes as AOS.

Offline Adami

« Reply #718 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »
No but I put it the same as the 1st 2 episodes as AOS.

Okay that I can get behind.

Wait...no I can't. The first two episodes of Shield are dumb. But I can literally write a thesis on what I didn't like about Inhumans. Shield had the upper edge in that all of their characters were not from the comics, and therefore they didn't risk looking dumb for changing them into meaningless trash.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »

I won't get that deep as you did in analyzing it, I'm just talking about the enjoyment factor. But I get where you're coming from.

Offline Adami

« Reply #720 on: October 01, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
I think one difference is that blank slate I mentioned.

When Shield started, we knew Phil and the actor had already gotten that character down. But we didn't know anyone else. Fitz, Simmons, May, Skye or whatever, Grant etc. were all blank slates. They can take their time and figure the characters out since we don't already have any ideas or attachments.

However I am very familiar with Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak, Maximus, Crystal and Triton. And they royally (pun intended) screwed up all of those characters to varying degrees.

If they had changed the name of the shows and the characters names, it'd be bad, but not as insulting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #721 on: October 01, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
Speaking of AoS.    Did anyone know that the actress who plays May is 53 and the actor who plays Grant is 34?   She's literally old enough to be his mother.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!   

(btw....when I expressed this to a group of friends, this fact apparently had everyone trying desperately to not reveal a related spoiler....so, just remember I'm only on episode 9)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

« Reply #722 on: October 01, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
Speaking of AoS.    Did anyone know that the actress who plays May is 53 and the actor who plays Grant is 34?   She's literally old enough to be his mother.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!   

(btw....when I expressed this to a group of friends, this fact apparently had everyone trying desperately to not reveal a related spoiler....so, just remember I'm only on episode 9)

Ming Na may be 53, but she can have me whenever she wants.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #723 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
AoS is fantastic.  King, you are losing your mind.  I think dementia may be setting in.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: October 02, 2017, 03:54:30 AM »

I'm talking 1st 2 episodes for each show. Let's see if it can make 3 years silly!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »
Also, is it just me, or was the death of Black Bolt's parents absolutely hilarious?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »
Related to the conversation, I stopped watching AoS when Ghost Rider showed up, not becuase of the character but because I feel the show had been getting cheesier and more predictable as time passed. I really stopped enjoying it.

As far as The Defenders goes, I finished watching it yesterday. I liked some of it because it incorporates some of the best elements out of the 4 shows but in also incorporates some of the bad, like that scene where luke, daredevil and jessica are facing the remaining 3 hand members and they just start a staring contest, the camera focusing on them 1 by 1, that's just cheesy and unnecessary, just have them kick ass without the stupid preamble.
I agree that Iron Fist is still an obnouxious character and would like to see his character develop more but I guess that will come later.
I did find the critique on oil companies to be very nicely done though.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #727 on: October 05, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
For very obvious reasons, The Punisher has been delayed for an unknown period of time.

In other news, I actually enjoyed the pilot for The Gifted. Not perfect or brilliant, but Was quite enjoyable.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:04:46 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #728 on: October 06, 2017, 12:29:17 AM »
I guess it was fine, but there really wasn’t much to hook me. But then again I never really liked the concept of the X-Men or ”mutants”, so it’ll have to do even more work than usual to win me over.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #729 on: October 08, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
Runaways trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_0dJkjFAM

I'm really pumped for this one! I keep a lot of comic books in my classroom (English teacher) for independent reading, and Runaways is always one of the most popular.

Offline Adami

« Reply #730 on: October 08, 2017, 03:23:31 PM »
Yea, I'm excited about Runaways. I love the comics and that trailer looked directly out of their origin run.

I wonder if they will change things, or else I am very aware of the twist ending.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #731 on: October 13, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
I'm confused about something.  So, according to this article, there will only be one, single Infinity Wars film.  The next Avengers film in 2019 will be something completely different.  This is news to me.  But their "source" is an old 2016 article when it was first announced that the second film would simply not be titled "Infinity Wars 2."  Has anyone come out and actually said that the Infinity Wars story will only be a single film?  I never took that from the naming announcement.  But maybe I somehow missed it.  Anyone know?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #732 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:48 AM »
Everything I've read suggests that it will certainly follow on from Infinity War. The latest thing I read supporting that notion was that Ragnarok - Infinity War - untitled IW2 forms a sort of trilogy for the Hulk.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.exe
« Reply #733 on: October 13, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
I'm confused about something.  So, according to this article, there will only be one, single Infinity Wars film.  The next Avengers film in 2019 will be something completely different.  This is news to me.  But their "source" is an old 2016 article when it was first announced that the second film would simply not be titled "Infinity Wars 2."  Has anyone come out and actually said that the Infinity Wars story will only be a single film?  I never took that from the naming announcement.  But maybe I somehow missed it.  Anyone know?

The second film(previously known as Infinity War Pt.2) will probably be a continuation of Infinity War, but it doesn't have an official title yet because apparently the title is a spoiler for Infinity War.
I say "probably" because as much as they've been building up Thanos since 2012, I doubt he'd just be a one-and-done villain. Infinity War has him first encountering the Avengers and fighting for the Infinity Stones(Hence the "War") and the second film will have him actually in control of the gauntlet.

Offline Adami

« Reply #734 on: October 13, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »

The second movie is definitely related. They were even going to film them at the same time but it was too complicated.
fanticide.bandcamp.com