Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 251468 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:24 AM »

Super excited for this one. I've seen and read Planet Hulk so many times and while I'm not expected anything like that or that epic, I'm glad they're taking notes and pieces from it.

There's an episode of Half In The Bag where Rich Evans suggests they film Planet Hulk.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:42 AM »
Well I think they made some changes because I can hear some sort of pre-amble in the beginning of the trailer when he's dangling on the chain...
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2017, 01:51:14 AM »
I think almost everyone has been wanting Planet Hulk for years now.

Obviously they will take very little of it for the movie, as I really don't think that story would work too well in a live action format, since there's virtually no appearances by Bruce, and seeing Hulk carry a body as it turns to ash might be a bit dark for Disney.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2017, 01:52:21 AM »
 :omg: :D

Fuck now THAT'S a trailer.

I couldn't care less about the film but damn that made me want to see it. Immigrant Song was *PERFECT*.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
As someone on youtube pointed out, it's really cool that they went with the original version of Immigrant Song and not some weird new melodramatic, electronic, slowed down version like most other modern trailers.
Great choice.  "Valhalla, I am coming..."

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
"Hammer of the Gods..."

Tasty.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2017, 08:36:43 AM »
Great choice.  "Valhalla, I am coming..."

I'm getting an incredible sense of deja vu.

Immigrant Song was the absolute perfect choice for the music.

"Valhalla I am coming!"

Giggity.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #392 on: April 12, 2017, 08:42:41 AM »
Goddammit
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
Hef always comes second :zydar:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »
No comment

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2017, 01:59:26 PM »
Hef always comes second :zydar:

Only in his youth.

Goddammit

And his response to me for that comment.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
****Agents of SHIELD spoilers****

The current story arc is pretty fun and exciting overall.  But I am highly annoyed at how stupid some of the characters have suddenly become.  Not those that are hooked up to the framework.  Obviously, their memories are being manipulated.  I'm fine with that.  But Daisey and Gemma have suddenly become morons driven solely by emotion and incapable of rational thought.  They are trained SHIELD agents.  They have both been undercover, including Gemma being DEEP undercover in Hydra in the real world.  They both entered the framework knowing that it was a virtual (i.e. NOT REAL) world.  They know this.  And yet, these two trained agents seemingly cannot help themselves from getting emotionally involved in every situation they see, and blowing their covers at every opportunity because they cannot keep a lid on their own emotions. 

Sorry to say, but for the first time since the series started, I am seeing some bad writing that just doesn't jibe with what we know of these characters.  And it's really annoying and disappointing.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
I can see that argument for Daisy, but she's always been kind of an emotional idiot.

But Gemma? I mean she got super emotional over Fitz, but he's real, so I get that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #398 on: April 17, 2017, 11:47:31 AM »
But Gemma? I mean she got super emotional over Fitz, but he's real, so I get that.

Yes, he's real, but:
1.  His memories are being manipulated, and
2.  It's a virtual world, so bad things happening don't have any real consequence in the real world provided they can just find out where Fitz, Colson, etc. actually are and get them unplugged.  So finding out where they are and getting them unplugged needs to not only be priority #1, but needs to be the ONLY priority.  I just don't see how this should be hard to figure out for either of these characters.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »
Oh yea, I get that. And I think that is their only priority, that's why they went to see Scottish McScottsman.

As far as Fitz, yes it's virtual, but she's watching the man she loves go full Mengele. That might not be something either of them can just walk away from. I don't think his memories from inside the framework disappear. So he'll have to live with the fact that, brainwashed or not, he chose to murder people.

He also murdered a real person too. He didn't kill a program, that woman was alive.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »
???  She wasn't alive.  She already died, and Scotty McScottsman "downloaded her consciousness" into the framework.  Fitz basically killed someone in a video game.  What's to regret about that?  The fact that when he made the decision, he thought it was real?  I mean, I can see how HE might have some issues with that once he is out.  And I get that Gemma might as well.  But it still feels entirely out of character for her to completely lose it and not be able to maintain cover and focus on the mission.  Even if it WERE completely real, a trained agent doesn't lose it and blow cover if something like that happens.  When said agent knows that it isn't really even happening outside of video game land, the emotional reaction just doesn't make sense.

Offline Adami

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
As far as the show is concerned, she was a real person, even if her body had died on the outside. So, within the show, Fitz killed a real person.

I dunno, I guess I can just understand Gemma a lot more. However, when Daisy gets all insane about programs beating up other programs, you're totally right. Sadly she's one of my least favorite characters, so I'm never terribly invested in her decisions.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »
I'm not sure how or why to feel that, even in the context of the show, that she is "real."  But whatever.

I will give the writing team credit for working Ward back into the show yet again.  And for making us not hate this iteration of him.  Pretty clever. 

Offline Adami

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »
Yea, I think it's clever how they flipped the double agent thing to make him a good guy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
Agnes was definetely a real person, not a program. A real life continuing inside the framework that Fitz just permanently and irreversably ended. It's just as real as if he'd shot any of the other actual people in there.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »
No, her memories are in the framework.  Agnes is not.  She can't be.  She died.

Offline Adami

« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
I think this is just a philosophical disagreement, which is cool.

That's why I said, as far as the show is concerned, based in truth or not, she was a real person inside the framework.

So whether or not we agree with her, Jemma is reacting to Fitz killing a human being, and Fitz will likely be reacting to himself doing that too (if he gets his memories back).

Also keep in mind, Fitz thinks this is all real still. So even if it WERE just a program of a person, he shot her thinking she was a real human being. So whether or not he actually did, he made the decision to kill a human being. In the end, that's a huge deal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
Also keep in mind, Fitz thinks this is all real still. So even if it WERE just a program of a person, he shot her thinking she was a real human being. So whether or not he actually did, he made the decision to kill a human being. In the end, that's a huge deal.

Well, yeah, and I acknowledged that there will likely be fallout going forward, especially for him.  It's more Gemma's current [over]reaction that I take issue with.

On a different topic, NOT spoiler inducing:

I was doing a bit of reading on Guardians 2, and found some great and humorous stuff about Dave Bautista's (Drax's) makeup application for filming this time around:

Dave Bautista: It’s so easy, you wouldn’t believe it. I’m not kidding. It takes like an hour and a half now. The last one, they got it down to four hours and everyone was celebrating. This, literally they attack me with paint rollers all over. And it looks better too. It looks way better.

They just have a completely different process. It took some testing. The problem was it goes on really great and it looks really great, but it’s really hard to get off. They came up with this idea: they stick me in a sauna at the end of the day. [laughs] They literally have to melt it off of me. That was the thing, because during the test we found out it’s so abrasive they literally have to scrub it off of me. So after two days, my skin was like hamburger. So they came up with the sauna thing, and I literally have a portable sauna that travels around with me and I get in at the end of the day, and I get three guys who come in and attack me – nothing weird there. Four guys in a sauna, just being men. [laughs] We talk about football and fighting a lot while we’re in there. [laughs]

Offline Adami

« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »
That BETTER be on the special features.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »
Trying to remember, and wondering if anyone can confirm:  Was it ever confirmed that the last infinity stone will appear in Thor: Ragnarok?  I was searching and could not find anything certain.  But everyone seems to assume that that is the case.  It has been confirmed that it will not show up in Guardians 2.  And it probably wouldn't make sense for it to show up in Black Panther.  Definitely not Spider Man.  But I don't think it has actually been confirmed to show up in Thor.  While it would make sense for it to show up in that film, it also wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't actually revealed until Infinity War, or perhaps even later, like in Captain Marvel or Infinity War 2.  ...unless, of course, it has been confirmed that it will show up in Thor, and I just missed it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
It has been confirmed to show up in Thor, though it was confirmed...........by Loki.

Yea, no confirmation one way or another to my knowledge. I also wouldn't be surprised to see it appear for the first time in Infinity War, maybe it's the big McGuffin of the film.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2017, 06:35:56 AM »
No, her memories are in the framework.  Agnes is not.  She can't be.  She died.

Well, her body died, but everything that was her mind still lived on, which was the whole point of the framework in the first place. It's like if someone killed Daisy's body right now, she probably wouldn't notice while in the framework because her mind is already part of it, but would that suddenly not be her anymore?

But yeah, like Adami said, I suppose it depends on what opinion one has about that entire concept.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
First advance screenings for GOTGV2 are in.  Actual reviews are embargoed, but almost universal praise in the comments I have seen.

One commenter said to stay in your seats, for not one, not two, not THREE, but FOUR post film scenes.  Jason Gunn responded to correct that to FIVE.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »
 :lol That is awesome. Just going ham with it and turning it into a joke. I like it.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Adami

« Reply #414 on: April 18, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »
Five? Holy stromboli.

I read that there were four.

Since the first one had Howard, do you think this one will have 5 scenes focusing on random unexpected and unrelated characters?

I'm also hoping Cosmo gets a significant role improvement. I've always loved him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
Five? Holy stromboli.

I read that there were four.
That is what several of the early viewers reported, so there were apparently four in the print they were shown.  Then James Gunn responded on Twitter that there would actually be five.  Maybe one was left out of the advance print.

Since the first one had Howard, do you think this one will have 5 scenes focusing on random unexpected and unrelated characters?

I'm also hoping Cosmo gets a significant role improvement. I've always loved him.
I hope so, on both counts.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2017, 02:07:48 AM »
The first episode of the Guardians of the Galaxy game dropped today, and it's one of TellTale's best looking games. They took a big leap in the interactive gameplay with Batman, and it looks like they are continuing to build with this one.

It has nothing to do with the MCU, but in many ways, it's like the MCU adaptation. Same sense of humor, and filled with classic rock tunes. Check it out! You don't have to own a console to play it. You can download it on your phone and PC

Offline Art

« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »
:clap:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
^Pretty much sums up my reaction.  I am intrigued with how they will present this film now given the complexity of some of the story dynamics vs. continuing to keep a light, fun overall tone.  Having these sort of disparate juxtapositions (for example, relying heavily on nostalgia by deliberately relying heavily on old throwback music while having the movie set in a futuristic setting) is becoming a trademark of the Guardians franchise, and as long is it works, I like it.