Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248525 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #2030 on: December 07, 2018, 06:18:29 AM »
This seriously blew my mind :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2031 on: December 07, 2018, 06:32:09 AM »
That was so cool.

I never realized this based on only seeing Infinity War once and how all of the characters were split up throughout the film....the original six Avengers all survived Infinity War.

Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye

That's pretty damn cool to have the original group come together once again in this film, and rather ominous given that we all expect at least one of them to be completely killed off in these films. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2032 on: December 07, 2018, 07:02:19 AM »
Love it. Perfect tone setting. General idea and not much more.

Little worried about the release date. Less than 2 months after Captain Marvel. Not much time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2033 on: December 07, 2018, 07:19:46 AM »
Drum sound improved,  too much processed vocals.

Oh, wait ...

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #2034 on: December 07, 2018, 07:21:37 AM »
Super excited! Great title! :tup

Little worried about the release date. Less than 2 months after Captain Marvel. Not much time.

I don't think the release date is going to matter much TBH. People will lineup to see this anyway.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2035 on: December 07, 2018, 08:26:25 AM »
Fantastic teaser!  Cannot wait for this!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2036 on: December 07, 2018, 09:23:12 AM »
Question for the die hard Marvel fans. Do you think they'll 'happy ending'  A4 where it all kind of resets and nullifies what Thanos did or will it be some sort of 'in between' where the fans get some sort of relief from their 'pain' of the massive loss of the cool characters....or they just roll with it and leave it as is....those characters are dead and gone and now it's just about killing/defeating Thanos?

I'm a fairly 'new' fan as I only watched a couple of the Marvel movies in full and relied on a couple of the 'everything you need to know about...' Youtube recaps before I watched Infinity War with the kiddos. I'm just curious as to if they'll find a way to bring those vanished characters back or not. It feels like they will.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2037 on: December 07, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »

Agreed.  VERY good teaser.  It simultaneously has me very excited and also completely in the dark about where this is going.  The title also seems very fitting without giving too much away as well.

You know, I have to say that of all the MCU films, the four Avengers films this far REALLY stand out for having great trailers.  For example, say what you will about Age of Ultron, but the trailers for that REALLY built up anticipation.  They made you feel that the stakes were high.  They were eerie and ominous.  They showed you a lot without showing you a lot.  Just well done.  Then the Infinity War trailers.  Yeah, they showed a LOT of content.  But given that we knew a lot of what was basically going to happen anyway, they really didn't, at the same time.  But I felt like they were pretty effective at generating anticipation.  This one definitely follows in the footsteps of some very good trailers.  But it perhaps does better in giving very little for all the theorists out there to use to generate 40-minute long "easter egg" theory videos.

Question for the die hard Marvel fans. Do you think they'll 'happy ending'  A4 where it all kind of resets and nullifies what Thanos did or will it be some sort of 'in between' where the fans get some sort of relief from their 'pain' of the massive loss of the cool characters....or they just roll with it and leave it as is....those characters are dead and gone and now it's just about killing/defeating Thanos?

Purely a guess on my part (well, duh!), but here's my take:  We know there are sequels planned for some of the characters that vanished.  So at least some will need to come back.  By the same token, simply "undoing" the snap (I hate referring to it as the "snap," but that's a conversation for another time) kind of lowers the stakes and cheapens the last film.  So I tend to think that what will happen will be something along the lines of the remaining heroes finding a way to somewhat "undo" what was done and find a way to "win" in the long haul, but only at some other great sacrifice.  It has to hurt in order to truly have any impact.  And I think this theory is somewhat supported by what we know about the films already.  I think it's not a coincidence that the "endgame" terminology comes from chess.  And in most classic chess matches, getting to the "endgame" generally entails some sort of gambit that entails sacrificing VERY valuable, key pieces in order to turn the tide and snatch away the win.  I think we're going to see something like that in Endgame.  And I subjectively speculate that it will entail one or some of the original avengers losing their own lives, but something else as well (no idea what that is).  That's my guess.

Oh, wait ...

:lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2038 on: December 07, 2018, 09:53:36 AM »
They’ll definitely bring the vanished characters back, just that not all of them will remain alive at the end of the film. There’s no way people like Spider Man, Dr. Strange and Black Panther stay “dead” when they all have sequels, and billions of dollars, coming in the following years.

EDIT: Ninja’d by Bosk.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2039 on: December 07, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
It is possible to write characters out of a series without killing them off. That would be a nice change.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2040 on: December 07, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »
The core / original storyline in the Infinity comic trilogy did 'undue' the snap (or as it's now officially called... The Decimation), so I suspect that's the .... Endgame  :lol in the movie too.  I do think at least IM and Cap will die-die here though - in sacrifice to save the universe.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2041 on: December 07, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »

Oh, wait ...

I love you.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2042 on: December 07, 2018, 10:07:46 AM »
simply "undoing" the snap (I hate referring to it as the "snap," but that's a conversation for another time) kind of lowers the stakes and cheapens the last film. 

I was thinking along those lines. They've done such a good job at making these movies....rendering the results of 'the snap' null and void would seem to....like you said.....cheapen the last film.

I'd agree with you and others when you suggest there will be some sort of 'middle' ground found. And, I have no reason to believe it won't be done in a pretty good fashion that isn't just a quick and easy way out.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #2043 on: December 07, 2018, 10:14:41 AM »
I never go to midnight showings because I am boring and lame... But I will be there for this one. This will be a pretty significant cultural event. Eleven years of build up, and you know that the MCU is probably going to look quite different afterwards. Can't wait!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2044 on: December 07, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »
I'm not sure I will go out of my way to be such a "completist" with the MCU after this phase.  It is growing and growing, and I'm not sure I really want to follow everything that will follow.  But we'll see.  Either way, I have really enjoyed most of it so far.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2045 on: December 07, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
I never go to midnight showings because I am boring and lame... But I will be there for this one. This will be a pretty significant cultural event. Eleven years of build up, and you know that the MCU is probably going to look quite different afterwards. Can't wait!

This and the fact that the more time that passes after the release, the more chances to get HUGE spoilers in social media  :eek

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2046 on: December 07, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »
Oh Fuck Yeah!!   :omg:

That was sweet.  I'm still going back and forth on whether I watch trailers, but I took a chance on this one and Holy Shit!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2047 on: December 07, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »
Agreed.  I do wonder a bit about why Tony is seemingly stranded in space.  Since he was with Nebula, and she survived the snap, I would presume that she would have the knowhow/ability to get him home, or at least to some civilized corner of the galaxy.  Interesting.

Online Adami

« Reply #2048 on: December 07, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Agreed.  I do wonder a bit about why Tony is seemingly stranded in space.  Since he was with Nebula, and she survived the snap, I would presume that she would have the knowhow/ability to get him home, or at least to some civilized corner of the galaxy.  Interesting.

She’s not the most compassionate person.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2049 on: December 07, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »

She’s not the most compassionate person.

True, but...I dunno, I figure she and Tony want the same thing though in terms of going after Thanos.  I'm not overly concerns because that will obviously be dealt with in the film.  I'm just pointing out that, from what little we know, I find it curious that he is stranded in space to begin with.  Speaking of, I now feel an overwhelming compulsion to listen to Satellite 15/The Final Frontier.  bbl

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2050 on: December 07, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »
Perfect trailer /tease. Not much given away, I will stay away from any other future trailers. But the last part of the trailer to me is the most interesting with Ant Man.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2051 on: December 07, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
But the last part of the trailer to me is the most interesting with Ant Man.

So much this. I really wish I had more nerdy friends here to hash this out with in real time, but the speculation on how he got from quantum space to the front door of Avengers building is running me batty.

Online Adami

« Reply #2052 on: December 07, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »

So much this. I really wish I had more nerdy friends here to hash this out with in real time, but the speculation on how he got from quantum space to the front door of Avengers building is running me batty.

My theory....

Based on the behind the scenes photos, maybe he travels through time quite a bit. Photos of him in the battle of New York, and promises of other past events. Maybe he goes through time to get to that scene and has a good amount of info or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #2053 on: December 07, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »
Super excited! Great title! :tup

I don't think the release date is going to matter much TBH. People will lineup to see this anyway.

My concern is more for the movies before and after. It's like 2 months or less between all the Marvel movies next year. And when the HUGE one is in the middle, it will cannibalize the other two.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2054 on: December 07, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »

My theory....

Based on the behind the scenes photos, maybe he travels through time quite a bit. Photos of him in the battle of New York, and promises of other past events. Maybe he goes through time to get to that scene and has a good amount of info or something.

Could be.  But I would guess he shows up there just after escaping the quantum realm, either by figuring it out on his own, or somehow being aided by events related to Captain Marvel, and then goes time/dimension traveling after this scene.  But I guess we'll see.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2055 on: December 07, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »

Me too.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2056 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »

Upon further reflection...and further viewing of the trailer (I hate that I have now watched it a bunch of times), when they briefly show Nebula, it looks like she is also on the Milano (I am assuming it is the Milano, anyway--it looks like it, and it would have been on Titan to have gotten the Guardians there in the first place).  I'm just...I guess I'm kind of surprised that they apparently didn't have enough fuel to get to someplace to fuel up all the way.  Or maybe it got damaged from Thanos raining down chunks of moon all over the place.  Who knows?  But, yeah, it looks like Nebula and Tony are probably together, even though they aren't shown in the same shot in the trailer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2057 on: December 07, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »
And Nebula can probably survive, because she's mostly mechanical. It's unclear if she actually has to breath.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2058 on: December 08, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
Should we have to call him Hawkeye or Ronin? Man, that scene was PERFECT!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2059 on: December 08, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »

My guess is that his family got dusted and he went bananas :eek

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2060 on: December 08, 2018, 08:35:01 PM »
Good point

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: December 09, 2018, 04:27:23 AM »

My guess is that his family got dusted and he went bananas :eek

D'ya think? 

Online Adami

« Reply #2062 on: December 10, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »
Not MCU...........yet.........but the new commercial for Once Upon a Deadpool is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGXNQ-3EQc
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2063 on: December 10, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
 :lol

Amazing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: December 10, 2018, 08:39:58 PM »
That was fantastic. Juno Awards don't count, btw.  This is coming from a Canadian.