Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 250659 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1645 on: July 20, 2018, 05:45:55 AM »
Pitch meeting -Iron Man.  Pretty aacurate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlNoCDp8oPM
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1646 on: July 20, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »
Woah. James Gunn fired from Marvel over old offensive tweets that some Trump supporters looked up and made widely known, after he attacked Trump on Twitter or something.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1647 on: July 20, 2018, 02:24:41 PM »
JFC. People are so f'ing vindictive these days.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

« Reply #1648 on: July 20, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »

His tweets, which I saw, were pretty insanely over the top. He made them like 6+ years ago however. Guess people aren't allowed to learn from their mistakes.

I can see Marvel's perspective. It's gonna be a huge storm coming down on Gunn soon, so I can see Marvel not wanting to take the risk, but these tweets really didn't need to be dug up. I guess people just love to hurt other people who don't agree with them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1649 on: July 20, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »

His tweets, which I saw, were pretty insanely over the top. He made them like 6+ years ago however. Guess people aren't allowed to learn from their mistakes.

Right, I'm not endorsing those tweets, but it's not like he made them over the weekend or even last year. That's just lovely.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1650 on: July 21, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
Who would've thought that a guy who got his start in troma would have a fucked up sense of humor.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Adami

« Reply #1651 on: July 21, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »
Who would've thought that a guy who got his start in troma would have a fucked up sense of humor.

Sadly "I was just joking" isn't a get out of jail free card.

Gunn released a really good statement, saying he understood and respected Marvel's decision. As do I. They're owned by Disney. They really have no choice but to distance themselves from a dude who is in the news because of tweets about raping kids or whatever.

He'll be fine. He'll lay low for a little bit and then come back. He's handling it all really well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1652 on: July 21, 2018, 02:16:56 PM »
He'll be fine. He'll lay low for a little bit and then come back. He's handling it all really well.

Indeed. I'm more concerned about the GOTG franchise moving forward, whoever takes the director's role for Vol. 3 will be under a lot of pressure for replacing Gunn. Also, I assume his brother is out of the GOTG films as well? Not directly because of him, but I assume he would leave as a way of supporting his brother.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

« Reply #1653 on: July 21, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »

Indeed. I'm more concerned about the GOTG franchise moving forward, whoever takes the director's role for Vol. 3 will be under a lot of pressure for replacing Gunn. Also, I assume his brother is out of the GOTG films as well? Not directly because of him, but I assume he would leave as a way of supporting his brother.

I mean, possibly. It's not like James is pissed at Marvel about all of this (at least publicly). Maybe he's cool with his bro in it. Or maybe that character just isn't necessary and someone else plays Rocket, which is easy.

I'm less worried about GOTG Vol 3, because I think someone else needed to take over anyway, but Gunn was tasked with expanding and spear heading the galactic Marvel universe, which now has to be totally rethought, and that might be a huge deal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1654 on: July 21, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1655 on: July 21, 2018, 03:11:21 PM »
None of those had anything to do with having their "silly place" being touched by a young boy.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1656 on: July 22, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
None of those had anything to do with having their "silly place" being touched by a young boy.

The point of the image is to point out the hypocrisy with respect to offensive things related to Disney. Off color jokes aren't okay but their fairly racist depictions of other ethnic groups are acceptable? Makes you wonder.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1657 on: July 22, 2018, 11:28:05 AM »
Doesn't Bob Saget make more vulgar jokes?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1658 on: July 22, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »
3 movies into my MCU re-watch marathon in preparation for Avengers 4.   Trying to do one movie every 2 or 3 weeks. 

I started by putting First Avenger at the beginning, then Iron Man, and tonight it was The Incredible Hulk. 

Honestly, it was the lame villain that really brought it down.  But everything else about the movie was a ton of fun.   Norton was better than I remember.   Liv Tyler.....wasn’t.     The ending battle feels A LOT like a classic Godzilla showdown, and not necessarily in a bad way if you’re just watching for the fun of it.  It was a nice nod to have Bill Bixby on TV in the beginning and Lou as the security guard. 

Mostly, I was just thinking that, even at its worst, the MCU is still a lot of fun, and if nothing else it’s a great popcorn flick with several nods to the rest of the universe.   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Adami

« Reply #1659 on: July 27, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
So the FOX and Disney shareholders have voted to approve the merger now that Comcast has bowed out.

I dunno what the next step is. When is this thing considered a done deal?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1660 on: July 30, 2018, 12:46:23 PM »
Finally today I'll watch Infinity War  :loser:

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1661 on: July 30, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
Well the Entire cast of GOTG just came out in support of James Gunn. I'm curious to see where this goes. Gunn is one of my favorite directors and even if Disney chooses to not reinstate him I hope he still has a successful career.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online kaos2900

« Reply #1662 on: July 31, 2018, 07:28:33 AM »
I bet they bring him back (and they should).

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1663 on: July 31, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »
Watching the extras of Infinity War. 1 hour plus of magic. A must see.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1664 on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
The roundtable discussion with the Marvel directors is outstanding

Online Adami

« Reply #1665 on: July 31, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »
Like a turd...in the wind.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1666 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »

Online Adami

« Reply #1667 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »
Like a turd...in the wind.

????????????

Exactly.

Oh, it wasn't any kind of response to you. It's a line from the new Venom trailer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1668 on: July 31, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
gotcha.

All I was saying is the roundtable discussion by the directors is fascinating. it shows how much is put into the movies with so many different visions that come together. I am a film geek and love the behind the scenes shit. this stuff here is incredible

Online Adami

« Reply #1669 on: July 31, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »
gotcha.

All I was saying is the roundtable discussion by the directors is fascinating. it shows how much is put into the movies with so many different visions that come together. I am a film geek and love the behind the scenes shit. this stuff here is incredible

Totally. I'm gonna wait till I pick up the blu ray in a few weeks but I plan on watching all of that stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1670 on: July 31, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »
well worth the watch dude

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1671 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:50 AM »
gotcha.

Totally. I'm gonna wait till I pick up the blu ray in a few weeks but I plan on watching all of that stuff.

+1
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1672 on: August 01, 2018, 08:37:56 AM »
Listening to the various directors and the way the Russo's put IW together is just brilliant

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1674 on: August 15, 2018, 06:24:52 AM »
Finally watched Infinity War after 3 and a half months of waiting.  Absolutely incredible - I never felt like I was yearning for more screen time from some characters.  They balanced 64 characters so well. 

I find myself splitting the deaths between characters that Thanos actually killed and characters that he erased with his snap.  The ones from the snap I can see coming back somehow, but I hope Marvel doesn't erase the deaths that occurred prior to the snap. 

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1675 on: August 16, 2018, 02:19:43 AM »
Finally watched Infinity War after 3 and a half months of waiting.  Absolutely incredible - I never felt like I was yearning for more screen time from some characters.  They balanced 64 characters so well. 

I find myself splitting the deaths between characters that Thanos actually killed and characters that he erased with his snap.  The ones from the snap I can see coming back somehow, but I hope Marvel doesn't erase the deaths that occurred prior to the snap. 
I know it would enrage Adami, but I'd be fine with Gamora being brought back from the soul stone and potentially with something clever being done with Vision. Other pre-snap deaths feel like they need to stay though. As much as I love Loki, if his death is yet another trick then that would just be so cheap.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1676 on: August 16, 2018, 06:17:19 AM »

I know it would enrage Adami, but I'd be fine with Gamora being brought back from the soul stone and potentially with something clever being done with Vision. Other pre-snap deaths feel like they need to stay though. As much as I love Loki, if his death is yet another trick then that would just be so cheap.

I can see those two changes, but I don't want them to undo everything.  This movie felt like it had a real threat - an opponent that truly kicked the Avengers' asses, and losing Loki and Heimdall gave the movie some actual gravitas.  If they resurrect them, then it would take away from that.

Online Adami

« Reply #1677 on: August 16, 2018, 06:24:45 AM »

It wouldn't enrage me. Heimdal and Loki would piss me off a bit.

Vision I can see coming back since they spent so much time on the story line about him living without the stone.

As far as Gamora goes, it's pretty obvious she'll be fine, sadly. I think it'd be better if, while saving everyone else, they realize that the only way for the plan to work is for Gamora to stay....voluntarily....in the Soul Stone. As if her leaving would somehow undo the hero's plan. So Starlord and Co have to sacrifice Gamora to save everyone else. I doubt they'll do that, but it would really be cool.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1678 on: August 16, 2018, 08:39:41 PM »
As far as Gamora goes, it's pretty obvious she'll be fine, sadly. I think it'd be better if, while saving everyone else, they realize that the only way for the plan to work is for Gamora to stay....voluntarily....in the Soul Stone. As if her leaving would somehow undo the hero's plan. So Starlord and Co have to sacrifice Gamora to save everyone else. I doubt they'll do that, but it would really be cool.

I’m with you on this one. Infinity war was a lot about choices and sacrifices and the only one who actually sacrificed anything was Thanos. Unless the upcoming movies do not follow a linear timeline, we know for sure Spider-Man, All Guardians, Black Panther and Doctor strange are coming back. Spider-Man is the only movie that we know takes place after infinity war. The others we know they are coming but we don’t know anything about the plot.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1679 on: August 17, 2018, 12:00:28 AM »
Does anyone know if Edward norton was at all offered a role in the Avengers as hulk, or did they just go strait to auditioning someone else?