Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248375 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1610 on: July 13, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »
Just saw Ant Man. Very cool, fun movie, we had a lot of laughs :tup

THAT post credits scene, though. When can we discuss it? :eek

I hope we can discuss it soon. Let's make this snappy!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1611 on: July 14, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
THAT post credits scene, though. When can we discuss it? :eek

What do you mean?  The movie is out.  Discuss away!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1612 on: July 14, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
Ant Man tonight, woohoo!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1613 on: July 14, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
Yeah it's been a week, I see no reason to hold off. Makes things interesting for sure cause now they can't go back in time otherwise ant man is lost forever. The universe has to be restored as is, which means Gamora is probably toast.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1614 on: July 14, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
Yeah it's been a week, I see no reason to hold off. Makes things interesting for sure cause now they can't go back in time otherwise ant man is lost forever. The universe has to be restored as is, which means Gamora is probably toast.

....avoid the time vortexes ;)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1615 on: July 14, 2018, 01:58:18 PM »

....avoid the time vortexes ;)

Yeah, jingle.son said there's some theories out there about that, and Ant Man playing a fairly large role in Avengers 4
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1616 on: July 14, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
Gamora is not toast. There are theories that she is inside the soul stone. Out of everyone that died Gamora is the only one that is coming back for sure.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

« Reply #1617 on: July 14, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
Gamora is not toast. There are theories that she is inside the soul stone. Out of everyone that died Gamora is the only one that is coming back for sure.

Ugh, I hope not. I hope every pre-snap stays dead.

There was a ton of weight to her death. To undo it would seem cheap.

I'm sure you're right though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1618 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, but after rewatching Ragnorok, I have go wonder: what would've happened had Loki left the Tesseract on Asgard? Would there have been no Infinity War, and ergo, is Loki somehow responsible for quadrillions of deaths?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1619 on: July 14, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, but after rewatching Ragnorok, I have go wonder: what would've happened had Loki left the Tesseract on Asgard? Would there have been no Infinity War, and ergo, is Loki somehow responsible for quadrillions of deaths?

I doubt it would have been destroyed. Thanos probably would have found it among the wreckage.

And that can go back to any of them. Are the other Asgardians to blame for giving the Collector a stone? Are the Guardians to blame for leaving a stone on a planet with a decimated defense force?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1620 on: July 14, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »

Ugh, I hope not. I hope every pre-snap stays dead.

There was a ton of weight to her death. To undo it would seem cheap.

I'm sure you're right though.

I agree. It was such an emotional and unexpected scene that it should totally stay that way, same with Loki’s death, there’s no reason to bring him back.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:12:10 PM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1621 on: July 14, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »
I feel like the only pre-snap death that they really did set up to bring back was Vision, with the whole surgery thing.

But if only Asgardians died, it'll be pretty cheap.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1622 on: July 14, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »

I think in order to destroy an Inifity Stone you need an equal or similar power. Thor tried to destroy the reality Stone on Dark Worlds. Scarlet witch can destroy it because her power comes from the stones.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1623 on: July 14, 2018, 07:46:07 PM »
Anyone else watching Cloak and Dagger?

I'm really digging it.

However, I keep hoping they mention Daniel or Jericho Drumm. Seems like a missed opportunity, but such is life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1624 on: July 14, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »
Anyone else watching Cloak and Dagger?

I'm really digging it.

It's really good! Been watching every week since it started.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Adami

« Reply #1625 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »
They changed them a whole lot from the comics, but I'm really liking the changes and think they work great.

I've heard rumors of a Cloak & Dagger and Runaways crossover. That would be pretty cool. Also happened in the comics.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1626 on: July 14, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »
Really enjoyed Ant-man and the Wasp. Very funny stuff, easy watch, really fun Marvel flick after Infinity War. I enjoyed it more than the first film, I think, although there's so much that just doesn't make sense to me (what's with the certain female character using her fingers like ET on Ghost's head near the end?). Luis was hilarious.

Post-credits scene was very cool, I was wondering when the 'moment' would be shown and it wasn't who I expected, so having Scott trapped there really gets me excited for whatever the MCU has lined up next. Infinity War 2, Spider-man sequel, and Captain Marvel... anything else announced yet?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1627 on: July 14, 2018, 10:09:03 PM »
Really enjoyed Ant-man and the Wasp. Very funny stuff, easy watch, really fun Marvel flick after Infinity War. I enjoyed it more than the first film, I think, although there's so much that just doesn't make sense to me (what's with the certain female character using her fingers like ET on Ghost's head near the end?). Luis was hilarious.

Post-credits scene was very cool, I was wondering when the 'moment' would be shown and it wasn't who I expected, so having Scott trapped there really gets me excited for whatever the MCU has lined up next. Infinity War 2, Spider-man sequel, and Captain Marvel... anything else announced yet?

Guardians Vol. 3.

I think that's it for officially announced.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1628 on: July 14, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »

Guardians Vol. 3.

I think that's it for officially announced.

Officially announced as in release date and everything?!

Offline Adami

« Reply #1629 on: July 14, 2018, 10:14:33 PM »
James Gunn confirmed a 2020 release, but no specific date.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1630 on: July 14, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
Oh, darn. I was hoping more details came out. Oh well, I'm plenty stoked for next year's films, so bring it on :2metal:

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1631 on: July 14, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »

She explained that she had been changed....maybe even evolved while she was in the quantum realm.   That's also why Scott was going back into the quantum realm...to retrieve more of this "healing element" or whatever that had changed her.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1632 on: July 14, 2018, 11:34:41 PM »

She explained that she had been changed....maybe even evolved while she was in the quantum realm.   That's also why Scott was going back into the quantum realm...to retrieve more of this "healing element" or whatever that had changed her.

Ehh. Kind of a lame explanation but I'll roll with it. Just didn't have any reason to care about her even if she does have superpowers now, really. In fact, I didn't care much about any of the characters here, but it was still very entertaining.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1633 on: July 15, 2018, 02:48:27 AM »
They went into the quantum realm for Ghost. I guess that thing Janet did wasn't permanent. They were pretty much just looking for an excuse to save him from the snap, and also to give him new powers going into IW2

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1634 on: July 15, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »
I could've
Infinity War 2, Spider-man sequel, and Captain Marvel... anything else announced yet?
I think apart from GOTG 3, a second Black Panther and Doctor Strange movie are in the mix. Though I think officially nothing has been announced or confirmed. I imagine they will all get confirmed once Infinity Wars 2 comes out.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: July 15, 2018, 06:34:37 PM »
I could've
Infinity War 2, Spider-man sequel, and Captain Marvel... anything else announced yet?
I think apart from GOTG 3, a second Black Panther and Doctor Strange movie are in the mix. Though I think officially nothing has been announced or confirmed. I imagine they will all get confirmed once Infinity Wars 2 comes out.

Also, they've hired a writer and director for a Black Widow movie.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1636 on: July 16, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
So...Ant Man and the Wasp...

I liked it better than the first one.  But I didn't love the first one.  I don't love this one either.  But ultimately, that's okay.  I saw this quote in the comments section on an article, and it's kinda on point:

We got so used to a long line of homeruns that this movie only being an infield double is freaking people out.

I didn't need this movie to get great.  And that's good, because it wasn't.  But it was enjoyable.  And since Scott was just kind of an average guy, it was kind of refreshing to see Wasp overshadow Ant Man when they were both suited up. 

The movie sort of went off the rails with all the pseudo-sciency stuff.  But then again, it also seemed to be self-aware and make fun of itself for that too, and in a way that actually helped and didn't do a disservice to the film.  It also seemed to try to be self-deprecating to the superhero genre and to make fun of superhero film tropes, but I felt like it was less successful in that area.  For instance, when we learn Ghost's whole backstory through the stereotypical villain monologue while the heroes are tied up and helpless, it didn't seem like the movie was successfully subverting superhero film tropes.  It felt like it was falling prey to them. 

Overall, it was a fine film.  I wasn't wowed.  But I wasn't expecting to be. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1637 on: July 16, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
I agree with Bosk and add that it was a nice, light-hearted “palate cleanser” after the much heavier Infinity War. And because of that, the timing of its release is perfect. Now we get to have a (most likely) slightly more serious (but still fun) “flashback movie” to get familiar with the Captain Marvel character right before she kicks ass and takes names in IW2
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1638 on: July 16, 2018, 04:44:42 PM »
Yeah, I agree with what bosk said too. I think that quote is spot on, too. It's not one of my favorite Marvel films by any means but it's a solid one and probably upper mid tier to me. I enjoyed it a lot more than Black Panther, at least, in no small part because of all the humor. When Luis started giving his longwinded story and the music started, that alone made me laugh, because I knew exactly what was coming. The fight scenes were really cool too - Ghost's phasing and Wasp's small-big switches made for fun combat.

I'm really excited for Captain Marvel, and then we get Infinity War's wrap just a couple months later. :2metal:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1639 on: July 17, 2018, 05:27:34 AM »
I enjoyed it a lot more than Black Panther, at least, in no small part because of all the humor.

I feel the same way. At least for me, Black Phanter was not as great as people made it out to be. It wasn’t as memorable as some of the other movies.

On a sepaprate note: I don’t have high hopes for the Venom movie coming out in the fall.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1640 on: July 17, 2018, 07:15:50 AM »
I enjoyed it a lot more than Black Panther, at least, in no small part because of all the humor.

I feel the same way. At least for me, Black Phanter was not as great as people made it out to be. It wasn’t as memorable as some of the other movies.

On a sepaprate note: I don’t have high hopes for the Venom movie coming out in the fall.

Not to sound like a hater, but Black Panther really wasn't that great. It was visually stunning with some great fight scenes (the waterfall combat scenes were awesome), but I thought the villain sucked, the 'what are those' joke is the most cringe-inducing joke in the MCU, and yeah, I just didn't find it very memorable, in part because of its tone - it takes itself too seriously at times, not unlike the first two Thors. Not a bad film but there are way better MCU films.

Chalk me up as another who isn't excited for Venom. So far I think Venom himself looks cool but that's quite honestly the only good thing I have to say about it right now.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1641 on: July 17, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
I've been watching Daredevil (Season 1, halfway through Season 2) and have been loving it.  I don't have any interest in Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, or Iron Fist, but I will watch The Punisher, once I finish season 2 of Daredevil.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1642 on: July 17, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »
I liked Black Panther.  I would probably put it in the middle or lower middle.  It had some really good stuff going for it.  But it just wasn't "great" either. 

I really enjoyed DD season 1.  Season 2 was good too, but I liked season 1 better.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1643 on: July 17, 2018, 11:35:28 AM »
DD season 1 and Punisher are the two most amazing things in the Marvel Netflix universe :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1644 on: July 17, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »
Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones S1 are still definitely my two favorites. There's been so much bloat in a lot of the other stuff, but it just comes down to how much you like the excess padding for that particular show/season.
Photobucket sucks.