Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 248566 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS* 2
« Reply #1085 on: February 27, 2018, 06:26:55 AM »
One film about Klaue and setting up T'Challah as the king, and the 2nd film about Kilmonger and his whole plot.

Which would've gotten us a lot more Andy Serkis!

Which would've made me stand up and leave!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1086 on: February 27, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
I liked Klaue. Fun villain.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1087 on: March 01, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
Infinity War is now opening worldwide April 27th. Moving the American release date up one week.

Yay!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #1088 on: March 01, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
I also like that, with the exception of Spider-Man 2, and Guardians 3, Marvel isn't announcing any titles or plans post Avengers 4.

In fact, I kind of wish they hadn't announced Spider-Man or Guardians. I like the idea of not knowing what will happen before we even get to Avengers 4.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1089 on: March 01, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »
Curious how Agents of Shield will tie into it. It feels like the show hasn’t dealt with the movie side of the universe for a while, and with Infinity War being the biggest one yet I would think now is the time.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1090 on: March 01, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »
Curious how Agents of Shield will tie into it. It feels like the show hasn’t dealt with the movie side of the universe for a while, and with Infinity War being the biggest one yet I would think now is the time.

As sad as it is, I doubt it’ll be much of substance.

This is also assuming the show is still around. I’m not sure if the season will be finished or not by April 27th and currently a renewal isn’t looking likely.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1091 on: March 01, 2018, 11:42:40 PM »
Season 5 will probably be wrapping up when Infinity War hits, with maybe a few episodes left afterwards. It doesn’t have to be a massive part of it, but if they do anything like they did when Age of Ultron came out, I’d be happy.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1092 on: March 02, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
jingle.son and I are still pretty far behind - we're only at the episode where Fitz shows up at the end.  I think the preview showed the next episode goes back to the timeline with Fitz in it?  Might try to hammer out a couple of episodes this weekend.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1093 on: March 02, 2018, 06:55:48 AM »
I really want to get back into Agents of Shield.  I was one of the many that gave up on the show halfway though season 1, and now all I hear is how much better it got.   Just gotta find the time to watch it now!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1094 on: March 04, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
I got caught up with it a few weeks ago, just to make sure I'm ready to go for Infinity War.

Speaking of which, I've been racking my brain as to who and how among the current active MCU heroes could beat Thanos with a fully loaded gauntlet. Granted I don't think we'll see it fully loaded until the end of the movie (I think it's gonna be a cliffhanger end, with resolution coming in the upcoming 2019 movie). But if the gauntlet is truly as powerful as it's revved up to be, it'd be a tough call for any of them to beat him.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1095 on: March 04, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
I got caught up with it a few weeks ago, just to make sure I'm ready to go for Infinity War.

Speaking of which, I've been racking my brain as to who and how among the current active MCU heroes could beat Thanos with a fully loaded gauntlet. Granted I don't think we'll see it fully loaded until the end of the movie (I think it's gonna be a cliffhanger end, with resolution coming in the upcoming 2019 movie). But if the gauntlet is truly as powerful as it's revved up to be, it'd be a tough call for any of them to beat him.

Depends what you mean by beat. Physically? No one (unless they drastically change elements of these things) can beat Thanos with the glove. Hell, virtually none of them can beat him without it.

I think it'd have to go the path of Dormamu, where they have to out think/trick him essentially.

Though Marvel will likely go the classic team up move, where they can all physically beat him ONLY when they work together as a team. Blah blah blah.

Also interested to see where Agents will go with the new arc. Cute little Ragnorok reference. I feel like that level of connection is the most we can hope for moving forward.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1096 on: March 04, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »
Did anyone catch this week’s episode of Agents of SHIELD? The couple twists at the end got me like :omg:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1097 on: March 05, 2018, 01:44:29 AM »
Excellent episode! SHIELD rocks this season. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1098 on: March 05, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »
Excellent episode! SHIELD rocks this season.

I wasn’t expecting THAT to happen at the end of the episode. This series is too good to be cancelled.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1099 on: March 05, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
I watched a multiple part series on YouTube yesterday running through the events of the Infinity Gauntlet and now I'm fully up to snuff with how that all goes down in the comics (I've only ever read Spiderman comics, not really anything else) - so now I'm really interested to see how they pull this off with the lack of certain characters. I'm also very curious if any cosmic entities will appear in part 2 or even part 1. I'm almost afraid they won't be able to do justice to the might of the Infinity Gauntlet now.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1100 on: March 05, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
Well, isn't Starlord technically a cosmic entity, or at least half entity? So I'm thinking he's gonna play into this somehow. Other than him no one really has the pedigree to stand up to it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1101 on: March 05, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »
Well, isn't Starlord technically a cosmic entity, or at least half entity? So I'm thinking he's gonna play into this somehow. Other than him no one really has the pedigree to stand up to it.

Considering I just watched GOTG Vol 2 last night, no he isn't - anymore.  When they blew Ego up, Peter lost his powers.  Ego warned him, and after Ego crumbled, the "light" between Peter's hands vanished.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1102 on: March 05, 2018, 02:51:25 PM »
Fuck that's right....well then unless something else is introduced, the universe is screwed cause nothing in it currently can stand up to Thanos with the glove. I'm agreeing with Adami that they're gonna trick him out of the glove someway (though he should be able to read minds with it so :dunno: ), or they'll cheapen the impact of the glove and use the ole "together we're stronger" approach.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1103 on: March 05, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
I think it'll be a combination of those two approaches.  But we'll see.  I'm sure it'll be cool.

And I wouldn't count out Starlord somehow learning how to re-tap into that Celestial magic.  Between that and his dance moves/pelvic sorcery, Starlord is more than a match for just about anybody in the Marvel Universe.  Plus, who knows what Captain Marvel's powers will be.  Plus, Adam Warlock.  Plus...who knows?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1104 on: March 05, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »
I'd gather he's saving all of his pelvic sorcery for getting into Gamora's pants, a venture worthy enough on its own rights.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1105 on: March 05, 2018, 07:13:04 PM »
Oh boy I'm out of the loop... Ego is in Guardians 2? I haven't seen it because the first almost put me to sleep. I need to watch now.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1106 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »
Damn, talk about difference in tastes, GotG #1 is probably my favorite MCU flick. But yeah, Ego is in #2, and there are some other tidbits that might be important to Infinity War.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1107 on: March 05, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
Just don't find any of the cast interesting unfortunately. Very pretty film though, will be fun to see them with the Avengers at least.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1108 on: March 05, 2018, 10:57:32 PM »
I think it'll be a combination of those two approaches.  But we'll see.  I'm sure it'll be cool.

And I wouldn't count out Starlord somehow learning how to re-tap into that Celestial magic.  Between that and his dance moves/pelvic sorcery, Starlord is more than a match for just about anybody in the Marvel Universe.  Plus, who knows what Captain Marvel's powers will be.  Plus, Adam Warlock.  Plus...who knows?

Adam Warlock isn't in the movie.

However, Cap Marvel should be interesting in her role.

Speaking of, the writer for Captain Marvel has described the film as a comedy, and described Danvers herself as hilarious.

I dunno. I have read a decent amount of Captain Marvel, and she's NOT a funny person. She's really serious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1109 on: March 06, 2018, 02:29:50 AM »
I’m getting a bit tired of MCU being ”hilarious”. The best movies, those with the most impact, are the more serious ones. So that statement didn’t necessarily inspire much confidence in me.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1110 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »
I think the humor works depending on characters. The levity works for me personally because each film has some gravity to the plot (planets being destroyed, bad guys getting MacGuffins that will give them some form of power, people dying or getting severely injured etc.) and it's nice to have some humor. The Avengers nailed the balance between the two, in my opinion. And for characters like Spiderman, humor goes hand in hand with the character. I thought it was odd to have so much humor in Thor: Ragnarok, particularly the scene with Surtur, but I still enjoyed it way more than the first two Thor films.

That said I hope Infinity War doesn't have much humor in the big battles. Maybe some smart mouthing from Spidey and some quips from Tony Stark but not much more, please. We're dealing with cosmic annihilation, after all :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1111 on: March 06, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »

How do you know?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1112 on: March 06, 2018, 08:45:23 AM »
I think the humor works depending on characters. The levity works for me personally because each film has some gravity to the plot (planets being destroyed, bad guys getting MacGuffins that will give them some form of power, people dying or getting severely injured etc.) and it's nice to have some humor. The Avengers nailed the balance between the two, in my opinion. And for characters like Spiderman, humor goes hand in hand with the character. I thought it was odd to have so much humor in Thor: Ragnarok, particularly the scene with Surtur, but I still enjoyed it way more than the first two Thor films.

That said I hope Infinity War doesn't have much humor in the big battles. Maybe some smart mouthing from Spidey and some quips from Tony Stark but not much more, please. We're dealing with cosmic annihilation, after all :)

Agreed.... they had to do something different from the 1st two Thor movies, so I think the comedic elements - while a little over-done and over-the-top at times - were just what the doctor ordered.  As for the other humour moments, you're spot on that it should largely be left to Spidey, Tony, Starlord, Rocket and Ant-Man (though, I don't know enough about the comic-book character to know if Rudd's comedy value/delivery is true to the character).  Too much from others (like BP, or Cap, or Dr. Strange) would feel forced/out of place.

The comments during the Civil War airport scene were perfect, imo.  "I didn't carbon date him!"  lol

How do you know?

'cuz it's been repeatedly said that they're saving him for GOTG 3.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1113 on: March 06, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »
I haven't seen anything definitive on that.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1114 on: March 06, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
Kevin Feige himself on Adam Warlock:

"Adam is not in Infinity War. That is not a tag for Infinity War. [Adam's] always been top of mind for the Guardians franchise. And if he appears anywhere in the future, it'll be with Guardians."

https://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/16032-kevin-feige-adam-warlock-watchers

No Warlock in Infinity, Guardians 3 at the very earliest.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1115 on: March 06, 2018, 09:31:28 AM »
Yeah, there's lots of wiggle room in that quote.  He doesn't say "Guardians 3 at the very earliest," or anything of the sort.  The only thing he says for sure is that Adam is not in the next film.  I'm not ruling out anything beyond that.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1116 on: March 06, 2018, 09:56:14 AM »
Okay, but the point was that he isn't going to be in Infinity War. Warlock has never been up for consideration in Infinity War in the MCU sadly. It's a shame, but it just ain't happening... The GOTG3 thing is a whole other point though, but it's the most likely option. I don't have the sources on hand at the moment but it's basically been said for a long time now that GOTG3 is the most likely entry point for AW even if it isn't confirmed (which honestly it should be... 3 films deep seems like the perfect number)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:01:20 AM by Kattoelox »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1117 on: March 06, 2018, 10:10:39 AM »
That's all fine.  That's a perfectly valid interpretation.  But he doesn't actually say that, so I'm personally not going to put limits on it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1118 on: March 06, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »
That's all fine.  That's a perfectly valid interpretation.  But he doesn't actually say that, so I'm personally not going to put limits on it.

Oh dear lord.... must you lawyers take everything so literally!?!?   :biggrin:  :P

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1119 on: March 06, 2018, 10:16:48 AM »

Oh dear lord.... must you lawyers take everything so literally!?!?   :biggrin:  :P

Go back to what was posted.  I merely threw out a bunch of fun possibilities to an excited chef friend of ours.  It was you guys who then piled on me with over-literal interpretations.