Author Topic: Star Trek: Thread Space 9  (Read 276222 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Star Trek: Thread Space 9
« Reply #1155 on: June 30, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »
Kids ruin everything but Stranger Things.

So true. I mean what the fuck are they trying to do? Jerk off a ghost?

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1156 on: July 02, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »
Star Trek Discovery officially has a September 24 start date, 15 episodes in two chapters. First 8 episodes from Sep 24 - Nov 5. Second half starts in Jan 2018.

https://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-discovery-sets-premiere-date

Trailer looks awesome!  Am I reading the show overview correctly that the main character will be the first officer and not the Captain?  I'm just happy we get a new series.  Hopefully it will be great!

Offline PowerSlave

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1159 on: July 04, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
https://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-tos-guest-star-skip-homeier-1930-2017?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
I never connected Melakon with Sevrin. However, looking back the voice makes it pretty obvious.

It's really been so long since I've seen either episode that I can't remember a great deal about them. I need to do a TOS marathon sometime in the near future.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1160 on: July 20, 2017, 09:38:21 AM »
It's a damn shame they didn't get Martin Sheen to play Sloan. Sadler does a great job and he's a great character, but every word out of his mouth you can hear in Sheen's voice and it sounds wonderful.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-One exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong."

Even reading it you can hear it in that voice.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1161 on: July 22, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
New trailer for STD-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnYtyNKPsA

Oh boy. So it's been revealed the main girl was raised by Sarek and Amanda. Harry Mudd is looking like the JJ universe equivalent of Harry Mudd, ie. unrecognizable in any way. The USS Shenzou looks like it's from First Contact (it's basically the Akira). They appear to have Star Wars air lock shields in their hangar bays. The Klingons are also unrecognizable in any way.

STD is a fitting acronym for this show, because it looks like full blown AIDS.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1162 on: July 22, 2017, 11:18:33 PM »
New trailer for STD-

Oh boy. So it's been revealed the main girl was raised by Sarek and Amanda. Harry Mudd is looking like the JJ universe equivalent of Harry Mudd, ie. unrecognizable in any way. The USS Shenzou looks like it's from First Contact (it's basically the Akira). They appear to have Star Wars air lock shields in their hangar bays. The Klingons are also unrecognizable in any way.

You're mad!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1163 on: July 22, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »
:lol What gave it away?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1164 on: July 22, 2017, 11:27:09 PM »
:lol What gave it away?

Dammit Blob! You're supposed to say "I'm Mudd"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1165 on: July 22, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
I'm sorry, I ruined the whole setup.

Just like this awful, awful series has.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1166 on: July 23, 2017, 09:02:03 AM »
After the abysmal "trailer" for the new Stargate "show" we get this? Jesus, are they deliberately trying to shit on all things good about scifi tvshows?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1167 on: July 23, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
Come on, let's not be too hard on the intern who got asked to put that Stargate trailer together the night before SDCC with only a single napkin drawing of a concept done on the plane ride over.

But I predicted this years ago! They're just following the pattern of the TNG era Trek shows. SG-1 is like TNG, regular show exploring other planets. Then you had the next spinoff that ran alongside about a group taking over another race's base near an important wormhole (DS9/Atlantis). Then after that they both had a series about a mismatched group of people who become stranded an impossibly long distance from home (VOY/SGU). So I predicted long ago that Stargate's next show would have to be a prequel that would shit all over established canon to line up with ENT. Which I guess means after this, they'll have to finally go ahead with those planned reboots.

MGM gives even less of a shit about the franchise and fanbase than CBS does, sadly. :(

Offline Adami

« Reply #1168 on: July 23, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »
THERE'S A NEW STARGATE SHOW?!??!!

How did I miss this? Any info? I'm a huge SG fan.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1169 on: July 23, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
There's not really much info at the moment. Here's the trailer. It's probably going to entirely disregard the series, given that MGM was planning to reboot the franchise anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ

Offline Adami

« Reply #1170 on: July 23, 2017, 12:42:05 PM »
There's not really much info at the moment. Here's the trailer. It's probably going to entirely disregard the series, given that MGM was planning to reboot the franchise anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ

:rollin :rollin :rollin
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
I was a big fan of the series, and didn't know anything about this, either. The trailer doesn't give us much to go on. Hopefully they don't shit on the shows too bad.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »
The new SG show will be a 10 episode mini web series, each 10 or so minutes long - a prequel to the original movie. It's just... to quote POTUS "SAD!".

Offline Adami

« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »
The new SG show will be a 10 episode mini web series, each 10 or so minutes long - a prequel to the original movie. It's just... to quote POTUS "SAD!".

I just don't get it. They had an amazing SG show and ended it on a cliff hanger, and also introduced some of the most fascinating questions that the SG world had ever faced (possible creator aliens) and this is what they do instead? A show that takes place in the 20's or whatever when they had to manually dial the gate by hand and had no clue what to do ever? Eh.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1174 on: July 23, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »

I just don't get it. They had an amazing SG show and ended it on a cliff hanger, and also introduced some of the most fascinating questions that the SG world had ever faced (possible creator aliens) and this is what they do instead? A show that takes place in the 20's or whatever when they had to manually dial the gate by hand and had no clue what to do ever? Eh.

I've heard that they're going to finish SGU's story line in graphic novels. I have no idea if that's true, or not.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1175 on: July 23, 2017, 02:03:44 PM »
TBH, Universe had potential but it was a giant teen-drama in space. It only got interesting few episodes before it ended.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: July 23, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
I'm looking forward to the amount of happiness I'll feel when STD gets canceled heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1177 on: July 23, 2017, 04:58:11 PM »
New trailer for STD-

Christ. After that I doubt I'll watch it at all. And I thought it was supposed to be in the prime universe? Everything about it is from JJ's. The difference is that while JJ's wasn't even close to ST, it had humor and a wee bit of charm. The nature of what CBS is trying to do precludes either of those. This'll be completely worthless.

And didn't they have the same hangar bay force fields in TNG on? While it's anachronistic as hell (but, new timeline!) it still seems to be STish.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #1178 on: July 23, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »
I feel like with the new STs, be they the movies or this new show, they said to themselves "What's popular right now? Let's do that". Which ST has not really done before. They usually try to capture aspects of the cultural zeitgeist, but looking forward, not trying to catch up with everyone else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1179 on: July 23, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
Any of you checking our Orville in September?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #1180 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »

I only saw the first trailer, but wasn't terribly impressed. The one funny moment was when he was asking the guy to stand more center cause of all the dead space. That was really clever. The rest was just standard FG stuff. I dunno. I'll check it out though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: July 23, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
Second trailer was just released.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Adami

« Reply #1182 on: July 23, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »
Second trailer was just released.

I looked for it. I found the first trailer and then another like 1 minute trailer that was mostly stuff from the first. Link me maybe?

A lot of the jokes just seem really lazy. It's unfortunate since the production value looks great and it had the potential to be the next Galaxy Quest. The difference is, the humans on Galaxy Quest weren't supposed to be there, and the actual crew cared a lot. On this one it looks like the actual crew are just a bunch of lazy idiots, which isn't funny to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: July 23, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
That's what it was.  I'll wait until a see 4 or 5 episodes.   I think you k ow how bad promotion is for shows showing mostly the same crap over and over.

Offline Adami

« Reply #1184 on: July 23, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »
That's what it was.  I'll wait until a see 4 or 5 episodes.   I think you k ow how bad promotion is for shows showing mostly the same crap over and over.

Totally. I usually give things a chance if I like something about it. I really didn't care for Wonder Woman's trailers but loved the movie. Even though Family Guy and American Dad's quality as basically disappeared in recent years, for some reason I actually like Seth McFarlane, so I'll give his stuff a chance just because of that.

Just like I'll give the new ST show a chance, and the new Inhumans show, besides all of them looking mediocre at best.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1185 on: July 23, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »
It reminds me of Star Trek Beyond.  What a terrible multiple trailers but I really liked the movie.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1186 on: July 23, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »
TBH, Universe had potential but it was a giant teen-drama in space. It only got interesting few episodes before it ended.

The second half of the second season was great, unfortunately it was too little too late. I think with another season it would have hit the mark.

Hell yeah! At least we're getting one decent Trek series this year. :lol And it has a lot more Trek cred than Discovery does, looking at the people involved so far.

At least there are some other decent spacey shows around, because it looks like both of my favourite big franchises have gone completely to shit.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1187 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:27 PM »
On this one it looks like the actual crew are just a bunch of lazy idiots, which isn't funny to me.

Yet, you continue to hang out with us in the DTF forum?  :biggrin:

Offline Adami

« Reply #1188 on: July 23, 2017, 10:49:52 PM »
On this one it looks like the actual crew are just a bunch of lazy idiots, which isn't funny to me.

Yet, you continue to hang out with us in the DTF forum?  :biggrin:

I wouldn't use the words lazy idiots to describe DTF. At least not both of them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1189 on: July 30, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »
Watched Plato's Children and Wink of an Eye. Both were fairly decent, watching Kirk slap himself was a good highlight. The Kirk/Uhura was not was what I was expecting. The sort of bumped lips together