Author Topic: Another evening with Petrucci and Rudess?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline ytsejam58

Another evening with Petrucci and Rudess?
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:52:07 PM »
So in 2000, John, and Jordan released a unique live album that was just Guitar and Piano (heavily acoustic but some electronic too.) With TLE being disbanded I was wondering if they had any thoughts of releasing another An Evening With... like that? And maybe not heavily tour it but maybe hit some a few major cities... so I could go see XD

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Another evening with Petrucci and Rudess?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:36:25 AM »
I loved the JP and JR album however I don't think they'll do another one. If I remember correctly they did that show as a one-off to help JR (maybe something his wife was doing) to raise money. The theater was really small and they couldn't do a full DT show.

With that said those were unique circumstances for the show which makes me believe it wont' happen again.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:45:19 AM »
So in 2000, John, and Jordan released a unique live album that was just Guitar and Piano (heavily acoustic but some electronic too.) With TLE being disbanded I was wondering if they had any thoughts of releasing another An Evening With... like that? And maybe not heavily tour it but maybe hit some a few major cities... so I could go see XD

Tension of Liquid Experiments?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »
It would be great.

I don't expect it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
It would be great.

I don't expect it.

^ This. Reminds me, I haven't listened to that album in a while.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »
I can see them accidentally doing another one.

"So Jordan and I were there, writing the new DT album like we always do, just the two of us in a room together. It went awesome, we wrote some killer songs and had a hell of a good time. Then we recoreded the new DT album, mixed it and pressed it. I remember when I got the final copy, I put it on in my car and thought 'Oh crap! We forgot to tell Mike, John and James about it!'. Yea, turns out they just slipped our minds, so we went back and relabeled this "Another Evening with Petrucci and Rudess....." so there you go"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 01:10:03 AM »
It would be great.

I don't expect it.

I agree with this, even though it's a shame 'cause the first one is so amazing. If I put this among my DT album rankings, it would sit at #5 or #6 pretty comfortably. It's just such a fun listen and contains some truly inspired playing.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »
I can see them accidentally doing another one.

"So Jordan and I were there, writing the new DT album like we always do, just the two of us in a room together. It went awesome, we wrote some killer songs and had a hell of a good time. Then we recoreded the new DT album, mixed it and pressed it. I remember when I got the final copy, I put it on in my car and thought 'Oh crap! We forgot to tell Mike, John and James about it!'. Yea, turns out they just slipped our minds, so we went back and relabeled this "Another Evening with Petrucci and Rudess....." so there you go"
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
I doubt they ever will, but I wish they would...even doing a tour using songs from the first album would be nice. There really is a lot of fantastic stuff on that album.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »
I'm sure if they wanted to, they would.  It's what they do.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Woodworker1

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:50 AM »
"Evening With" is my favorite DT side project.  I only wish there was video footage of the concert.

Offline Hourglass Prison

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:45 AM »
I love that album, and I'd love another one. Especially if I got to actually go to the show itself.

I'm not holding my breath, but hey, you never know. Back when I met them in 2012 I told John how much I like that album, and he said, "Yeah! That was a really fun night!"