Author Topic: The Astonishing box set updates?  (Read 2668 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

The Astonishing box set updates?
« on: September 09, 2016, 08:21:25 PM »
Anyone else receive a box set even after being refunded?  I know a few people here were in that boat, but there wasn't much discussion as to what the protocol would be in such a situation.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Astonishing box set updates?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
Anyone else receive a box set even after being refunded?  I know a few people here were in that boat, but there wasn't much discussion as to what the protocol would be in such a situation.

The protocol is to do the honest thing and return it or ask to be charged for it if you want to keep it.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »

The protocol is to do the honest thing and return it or ask to be charged for it if you want to keep it.

Yeah, I need to get around to returning it.  It's not opened.  But in true clusterf**k fashion of the whole thing, they included UPS postage, which means I have the added inconvenience of having to get it to a UPS store.  Even in the end, they're caused problems and I can't just be done with it.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
The box set thing has been a nightmare. I hope they really don't do it again.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:05:21 PM »
Well it does not matter if Dream Theater does the Box set thing again or not I for one will never be getting a box set from them again. I will stick to just the cd from here on out. Dream Theater is a first day buy for me but this was just a mess of a release. And to be honest the box set really was not worth the price. I opened it looked though it then put it on my shelf to prob never be opened again. For me personally the box set was meh just as now 8 months later the album is just meh as well. Words I thought I would never say about a Dream Theater Album. Oh well we will see what happens next time.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 03:49:33 AM »
Well it does not matter if Dream Theater does the Box set thing again or not I for one will never be getting a box set from them again. I will stick to just the cd from here on out. Dream Theater is a first day buy for me but this was just a mess of a release. And to be honest the box set really was not worth the price. I opened it looked though it then put it on my shelf to prob never be opened again. For me personally the box set was meh just as now 8 months later the album is just meh as well. Words I thought I would never say about a Dream Theater Album. Oh well we will see what happens next time.
I kinda feel that way as well. It's one thing to be a little bit late, but this was just extreme in a way I hadn't experienced before. I'm not sure I'll trust Roadrunner, or whoever was responsible for this, a second time.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline phospheneSOI

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 04:15:36 AM »

Wow... some people's morals are incredibly strong. I'd consider myself a really good human being but there's no way I'd send it back... funny where peope draw their lines... in the sand.
I walk beside Dream Theater.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 01:29:48 PM »
Wow... some people's morals are incredibly strong. I'd consider myself a really good human being but there's no way I'd send it back... funny where peope draw their lines... in the sand.

Why wouldn't you?  You didn't pay for it right? It was a mistake on their part.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »
It also hurts the band. I know a lot of people here are unhappy with RoadRunner -and rightly so- but this stuff affects the band too.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline phospheneSOI

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »

Once I subtract rent and bills from my wages this Astonishing Boxset costs 30% of my monthly income. I worked incredibly hard for a degree and yet in my country that's how low my wages are.

When life hands you a "mistake" like this I feel like it's the universe cutting you some slack; finally catching a bit of a break. And that's why I personally wouldn't send it back.

$125 is far more significant to my life than it is Roadrunners or Dream Theaters'... and considering the amount of money I've given to DT in the past I wouldn't feel any guilt at all; they've already had an incredible cut of my lifetime's disposable income.
I walk beside Dream Theater.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 05:07:16 AM »

Once I subtract rent and bills from my wages this Astonishing Boxset costs 30% of my monthly income. I worked incredibly hard for a degree and yet in my country that's how low my wages are.

When life hands you a "mistake" like this I feel like it's the universe cutting you some slack; finally catching a bit of a break. And that's why I personally wouldn't send it back.

$125 is far more significant to my life than it is Roadrunners or Dream Theaters'... and considering the amount of money I've given to DT in the past I wouldn't feel any guilt at all; they've already had an incredible cut of my lifetime's disposable income.

$500 of expendable income after you pay rent and bills every month is pretty good, dude!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:29:22 AM »

Disregard*

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 07:09:09 AM »

I would keep it.  After all they put you through and how inconvenient it would be to return it, just hold on to it.  That $125 is a drop in the bucket and lets face it, this didn't happen to too many people so its not hurting them much. 

Before anybody judges, I'm the type of guy that accidentally stiffed a waitress on a tip and then mailed her an additional 30% (too embarrassed to go back into the restaurant).  My dad one time got water to drink at a restaurant and filled his glass with soda.  On the way out, he informed the people, they told him not to worry about it and he insisted on paying the extra buck. 

So there is a time and a place for doing the right thing but after waiting 6 months for something, doing your part and canceling, and them STILL screwing up and sending it to you, I think you aren't doing anything skeezy but just keeping it. 

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 08:42:49 PM »
Just got my boxset. I think it's pretty cool! The NOMAC is pretty detailed, the script is cool and the poster is really cool too. They also sent another copy of the vinyl and two copies of the CD. Did that happen to anyone else?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 07:40:32 AM »
I obviously am a little behind on things, but am I reading this correctly?

Are people now just getting box sets that they ordered... who knows how long ago?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »
I think they waited for the Android game to ship with it
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder