Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Football!  (Read 23992 times)

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NCAA Football!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »
An absolute brain fart by the refs allows Central Michigan an untimed down, leading to this crazy ending

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17514343/central-michigan-chippewas-wrongly-get-extra-play-upset-no-22-oklahoma-state-cowboys

That said....'Fire Up, Chips!!!'
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
An absolute brain fart by the refs allows Central Michigan an untimed down, leading to this crazy ending

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17514343/central-michigan-chippewas-wrongly-get-extra-play-upset-no-22-oklahoma-state-cowboys

That said....'Fire Up, Chips!!!'

Yea, crazy ending to that one, not just the ref fuck up, but the play itself is insane!  I'd be so mad if I was a cowboy fan.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 07:30:55 AM »
Very excited that my alma mater, Appalachian State, has a ranked FBS team visiting our stadium for the first time ever this week (The U - Miami Hurricanes), and that it will be broadcast on ESPN!

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 07:32:57 AM »
Huge game for the Huskers this week against Oregon. They have the talent to beat the Ducks if they don't beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »
Huge game for the Huskers this week against Oregon. They have the talent to beat the Ducks if they don't beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers.
Yeah, that should be a fun game, and a good opportunity!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 06:47:43 AM »
I was thinking football and beyond...both schools lost their HC, AD and president (plus a few more admin at PSU).  Will be interesting to see what happens w/ Baylor, they have farther to fall then PSU did at the time, but also don't have the scholarship issues.

Notre Dame is a good candidate, but the dislike of them is so hard-wired into me that I'm not sure I could stomach it even if it meant it would bring them crashing down in a few years...

May I request BYU? Please bring them down with your toxic fandom!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 08:24:34 AM »
I was thinking football and beyond...both schools lost their HC, AD and president (plus a few more admin at PSU).  Will be interesting to see what happens w/ Baylor, they have farther to fall then PSU did at the time, but also don't have the scholarship issues.

Notre Dame is a good candidate, but the dislike of them is so hard-wired into me that I'm not sure I could stomach it even if it meant it would bring them crashing down in a few years...

May I request BYU? Please bring them down with your toxic fandom!

I second this. As a University of Utah alum, any time BYU goes down is a good day in my book.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
Cal is gonna get bent over in front of a national audience by Texas. This isn't gonna be pretty.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 10:13:06 AM »
Cal is gonna get bent over in front of a national audience by Texas. This isn't gonna be pretty.
Maybe not.  I've seen no evidence of consistency from Texas.  We'll see.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »
Maybe not.  I've seen no evidence of consistency from Texas.  We'll see.

The boss set me up with a pair of tickets, so I guess I'll be seeing firsthand. First american football game for the GF ever, should be a great environment for a first visit.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 07:30:24 AM »
Nice!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Lolhawkeyes.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2016, 05:22:52 PM »
lolFSU
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
What a great win for the Huskers! Very entertaining game. Nebraska should be 7-0 going into Wisconsin.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2016, 06:06:40 AM »
lolTexas

:gobears:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2016, 07:48:29 AM »
Pretty good college football saturday it was

Offline T-ski

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 08:00:57 AM »
Badgers were a 35 point favorite against Georgia St. and were behind 17-13 in the fourth, ending up winning 23-17.

@Michigan St., @Michigan, home to Ohio St. the next three games. 

I fear 0-3.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2016, 09:26:03 AM »
Mizzou's coaching staff blew a 'W' over Georgia last night. They had ran the ball every snap of the drive in order to kill some time (8ish minutes to go in the game) are on their 30 yd line up by 6....3rd and 6ish and instead of calling another run to set up a nice FG (kicker had already hit a 46yd'er) to go up by 9 they take a shot at the end zone and it gets picked.

Still managed to force a punt and then resumed some cheesy play calls like there was only a minute to go in the game. Georgia goes down and scores with a minute to go in the game and wins by 1.

Coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves for costing their players the game because Mizzo owned 98% of that game....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »
I actually saw all of that game, since I was at a fantasy hockey draft and it was on the whole time.  I was fine with them throwing on that 3rd down; it was just a bad throw by a QB who had otherwise played really well.  I don't think the FG was a given either, since all of the guys at our draft who know college ball a lot were saying Mizzou's kicker isn't that good, despite having hit that 46-yarder.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
I actually saw all of that game, since I was at a fantasy hockey draft and it was on the whole time.  I was fine with them throwing on that 3rd down; it was just a bad throw by a QB who had otherwise played really well.  I don't think the FG was a given either, since all of the guys at our draft who know college ball a lot were saying Mizzou's kicker isn't that good, despite having hit that 46-yarder.

Ehh.....I still think you run it and have a good chance at going up by two scores. Oh well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:27 PM »
Louisville looked ungodly Saturday.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
Louisville looked ungodly Saturday.

Yea, Lamar Jackson looks like he is something special.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
I would love for someone besides Alabama to win the NC.  I am a Tennessee fan, but have a feeling that this replacement Quarterback for Florida is going to pick the Vols secondary apart.  Plus the fact that our offensive line sucks and our QB cannot hit open receivers.

The Louisville at  Clemson game should be a good one in October.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »
I would love for someone besides Alabama to win the NC. 
So would most college football fans. 

I loathe Alabama.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2016, 07:54:36 AM »
Could be a trap game for Nebraska at Northwestern this week. Coming off a huge win vs Oregon and the first road game and conference game could be a recipe for a let down. Nebraska should win but they've had tendency to lay eggs against teams they should easily beat. We'll see.

And yes, Alabama needs to not win this year.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »
Yea Nebraska should win, Northwestern is not a difficult away game and they don't look to be that typical scrappy NW team Fitzgerald usually fields.

Definitely looking like PSU is going to get spanked by Michigan tomorrow.  I just hope they can keep it close so it's still a game in the 4th quarter, but given how bad PSU's defense is, I just see them scoring 40+ points and PSU maybe getting upper 20s/lower 30s.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2016, 08:12:25 AM »
Cold and rain in the forecast for the stadium tonight for the game against USC. Go Utes!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2016, 09:00:44 AM »
Nice to see Clemson finally look like Clemson last night.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2016, 07:49:03 PM »
Cold and rain in the forecast for the stadium tonight for the game against USC. Go Utes!

Given that you earlier posted a distaste for BYU, and now you're saying, "Go Utes," you're undoubtedly connected with Utah somehow, and my curiosity is piqued as to how.  Regardless, I approve.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2016, 08:37:40 AM »
I live in Salt Lake City, Sir Dog. I forget that not everyone knows that.

I have one child who is a U of U graduate and another who will be next Spring. My wife is an Alum. My eldest granddaughter is planning on going to the U. We are season ticket holders for football, basketball and gymnastics...so, yeah, we bleed red around here.

What a game last night. Those last two drives by the Utes were intense!

USC played hard and are quite talented so I felt a little sorry for them...NOT!

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »
Yeah, being a relative newbie around here, I have a long way to go with learning about people's specifics.  Very cool about having so many of your family attend the U. Growing up in Salt Lake and living there for 28 years before moving to Oregon, I'm an alum myself, so any time the Utes are playing, I'm doing my best to watch on TV. I was at the game in Eugene last year when Utah put that 60+ point spanking on the Ducks. THAT was fun!

As for last night's game, what a comeback! Yes, definitely a couple of amazing drives with some intense 4th down conversions (and that PI from deep in our zone helped a ton too). And just like BYU, any time the Condoms go down is a good day in my book.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »
I admit I was wrong about Tennessee, at least for the second half.  After so many dropped passes and broken pass coverage in the first half, I thought an 18 point deficit would be too much, but they responded.  Should give them some confidence for the future.  Georgia will be a tough game on the road.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2016, 10:16:58 PM »
At least Ole Miss finally learned that games are not 25 minutes.

I'm surprised by the smackdown Wisky put on Sparty.

Not that people need any more reasons to hate Baylor these days, and they aren't the first to do it, but schools that put names in the same color as the jerseys should be have to start games down 50 points.  What blind doofus thought that was a good idea?

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2016, 10:25:49 PM »
Crazy win by Stanford tonight, and quite the backdoor cover.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
Crazy win by Stanford tonight, and quite the backdoor cover.

I saw the last few minutes of that.  Shit like that is why I stopped betting nearly 20 years ago. :lol :lol (I bet a lot from ages 19-25, if 25 bucks on a few games a week can be considered a lot :lol)