Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Football!  (Read 23965 times)

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Re: 2016 NCAA Football!
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2016, 05:47:19 AM »
(Baylor seems like the will never learn this). 

Based on the past few days, that is actually pretty far down the list in things about which Baylor refuses to learn their lesson...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2016, 08:34:32 AM »
If Washington wins out, they will be in the Top Four at the end and make the playoff.  No sweat.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
And if they aren't, can we finally agree that east coast bias is a real thing?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »

East Coast bias?  I'm not sure that's a thing in college football otherwise PSU should have won the NC in 94.  If there is a bias it's a southern bias in college ball.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »
South East bias? Cause it sure as hell doesn't favor the west coast. Maybe a SEC/Big 10 bias?

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2016, 01:54:20 PM »
What do you mean "finally"?  That's been a thing for years.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:39 PM »
What the SEC lacks, with the exceptions of A&M, Missouri, Vanderbilt, UF, and UGa, is academics on par with most other Power five schools, and a lot of the rest of FBS.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2016, 11:05:37 AM »
I don't know if anyone watched the Utah v. Arizona State game last night but I think it illustrated how good Washington's O-line is. Utah is no Alabama on defense but they did record 11 or better sacks last night and forced several turnovers. I don't know if the Utes had any sacks against the Huskies and I can only remember one interception (a dandy). Coupled with all the running yards Washington had against Utah, I'd say their offensive line is ready for what's ahead.

Hopefully, they will run the table and we'll be able to find out.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
Yay for another college football Saturday. Penn state with their toughest game left on the schedule, at 5-4 Indiana. Should be a win, but people talk about underperformed at noon on the road, we shall see.

Washington has a shot to impress the committee today, also would love to see Minnesota beat Nebraska (for psu so sorry Kaos), also would like to see Iowa win which won't happen, and Texas over West Virginia.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:09:34 AM by cramx3 »

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
PSU's loss to Pitt doesn't look so bad now...

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »
48 yard fg by Pitt to beat Clemson.  I did not watch the game but supposedly a couple of bad calls in Pitts favor.  I love it when a field goal kicker knocks it thru to end the game.

Watching Washington now. The stadium is rocking!
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »
I love it when a field goal kicker

Missed one earlier, and a PAT, so got redemption.

Watching Washington now. The stadium is rocking!

I know TempusVox is rocking it too, wherever he is. Big chance for UW to make a statement here. And they were even Corso's headgear pick, for the first time ever!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2016, 06:04:26 PM »
Yes...rocking for sure!  Trying not to rip my drain tube out after surgery on Wednesday.  Let's go Dawgs!!!!! Bow Down!!! And that stadium used to rock every Saturday in the 80s. No place like it..
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2016, 06:06:17 PM »
PSU's loss to Pitt doesn't look so bad now...

The state of PA is 2-0 against #2 ranked teams  :biggrin:  That was a crazy game.  So glad PSU was able to squeek out a win after looking poor all game.

ACC not doing so well today with Vtech's loss and currently Louisville is down 9-0.  With Auburn losing too, it puts the Big 10 in a good position to get two teams into the playoff.  Part of me wants Washington to lose now to open the hole for the Big 10, but I also want Washington to win out because they are a good story.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
#2,3,4,8 & 9 ALL lose...Jesus.

This next set of playoff rankings should be very interesting.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2016, 09:39:41 PM »
#2,3,4,8 & 9 ALL lose...Jesus.

This next set of playoff rankings should be very interesting.

What a crazy day and holy crap that just put penn state into the playoff scenario as they are now in a 3 way tie for the big ten east. If Ohio state beats Michigan then psu plays likely Wisconsin for the big ten championship.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2016, 10:18:19 PM »
College football is awesome.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2016, 01:26:47 AM »
So, if Ohio State wins out they'll likely be ranked in the top 4 at the end of the season. But if they don't play for a conference championship does the NCAA put them into the playoffs?
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2016, 02:32:09 AM »
So, if Ohio State wins out they'll likely be ranked in the top 4 at the end of the season. But if they don't play for a conference championship does the NCAA put them into the playoffs?

Not necessarily because of the Iowa/Michigan game. If yesterday's 2,3,4 win out they're still likely in the mix. If OSU beats MU you have to give some consideration to Penn State.

Really needed my Huskies to win. But great win for USC. Rest assured if we meet in the PAC-12 championship, Peterson likely will ensure the outcome won't be the same.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2016, 06:33:52 AM »

It'll be interesting to see. Certainly depends on clemaon, Louisville, Washington and oklahoma. If penn state and Wisconsin end up playing for the big 10, I could see the winner going as well as Ohio state sort of like the SEC having Alabama and LSU that one year except this year it would also be Alabama and either the acc or pac12 or big12 champ. Depends on how those teams all play.  The acc took a huge hit last night in terms of conference rankings IMO.  I'm really a big Ohio state fan all of the sudden.

Alsl, going to the Penn state rutgers game on Saturday but I just booked a hotel for the Penn state Michigan state game too. If the miracle happens, I could see myself going to Indy too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Looks like Michigan's QB is out for the remainder of the regular season.  I got to think Ohio State beats them in two weeks in Ohio.  Things are falling into place for the Nittany Lions...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
College football is the greatest sport.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
College football is the greatest sport.

It really is.   :tup :tup

The NFL might have a better game in terms of consistent quality match ups and talent, but the FBS Division 1 College Ball has one of the craziest and most fulfilling seasons of any sport.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
The college game is very exciting at times, but sometimes the blowouts ruin it for me. And I'm a fan of a team that blows a lot of teams out. I'll probably always prefer the pro game, but I'll never give up watching college.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
The college game is very exciting at times, but sometimes the blowouts ruin it for me. And I'm a fan of a team that blows a lot of teams out. I'll probably always prefer the pro game, but I'll never give up watching college.

The blowouts and uneven match ups are definitely the worst part about college ball, but what makes up for it is the fact that if you are watching a blow out, you can switch the channel and find a better game.  For me, and I do not have a sports package, there are usually at least 5 different games on at any of the typically time slots (12pm, 3:30pm, 8pm) for me to choose from and at least one of those games is going to be interesting.  On an NFL Sunday my options are quite limited without the NFL ticket package and even then you essentially blow your load on the 1pm slot without much options for the 4pm and no options for the night games.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
Long but really good article about how the Big 10 has become the better football league over the SC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-the-big-ten-flipped-scripts-with-sec-as-the-nations-best-conference/

It really begins with Meyer leaving Florida and then becoming Ohio State's head coach and the effect of eliminating FCS teams from the OOC schedule and going to 9 Big 10 game seasons this year. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:56 AM »
Wow Louisville got destroyed.  Didn't expect that.  They are eliminated from the playoffs and might have taken Clemson with them depending on how things play out.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »
If OSU beats Michigan, Penn State wins the B10 East.  If Penn State beats Wisconsin, and Washington slips up again, that should put Penn State in the top 4, which I would have called a miracle before the season, and down right impossible after the Pitt and Michigan losses, even if we were playing 3rd and 4th string LB's who were essentially third string safeties.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
I hope Michigan and Ohio St both lose and Wisconsin wins out. Then Wisconsin will be in the top 4.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »
Michigan and OSU won't both lose.  I don't see either team losing this week, and they play each other next week.  Wisconsin still has to win the big ten title game, and that will be tough whether that is Mich, OSU, or PSU.  However, winning out should get Wisconsin or PSU in.  Missing out on the title game might be the best thing for OSU if they beat Michigan.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2016, 02:57:03 AM »
Missing out on the title game might be the best thing for OSU if they beat Michigan.
I agree.  Louisville losing was great for OSU, and may be the path to the Big 10 getting two teams into the playoff (OSU and whomever wins the conference championship).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2016, 06:32:57 AM »
Missing out on the title game might be the best thing for OSU if they beat Michigan.
I agree.  Louisville losing was great for OSU, and may be the path to the Big 10 getting two teams into the playoff (OSU and whomever wins the conference championship).

Yea this seems likely if the favorites win, I'm guessing Wisconsin would be the favorite over PSU in the big10 championship game. 

Going to the Penn State game at Rutgers tonight. Got the tickets for my father but he had to back out so going with the girl I've been dating who is a Rutgers grad.  This game shouldn't be close.  I'm hoping to be seen on TV after fieldgoals.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2016, 07:34:17 AM »
Wisconsin's defense has been absurd this season.  However, if they can't run the ball (see Michigan loss) they have no offense whatsoever.

I'd love to see the Badgers win out and make the playoffs, but I'm not very confident in a rematch with either Michigan or Ohio St.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2016, 01:37:12 PM »
I'm a fan, but Ohio State does not look like a championship team. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see them going beyond one game in the playoff if they make it.