Author Topic: Dee Snyder is awesome  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Dee Snyder is awesome
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:10:24 AM »
Criss Angel decided to direct a stripped down version of Dee singing We're Not Gonna Take It - just him and a piano - for Heal Every Life Possible (HELP - pediatric cancer awareness).  This is really a pretty spectacular performance and an emotional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nDIcbPL43g

He sings the first verse in a lower register.  Keep with it.  I can't believe what a voice he still has.

Offline kaos2900

Re: Dee Snyder is awesome
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:55:03 AM »
Wow. Very Powerful.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
Pretty cool.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 09:38:05 AM »
That was fantastic! Thanks Coz!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:37 AM »
HUGE Dee fan.  Always was, though (and I've said this here before) I always thought they got a bum wrap with the costumes and such and so weren't taken as seriously as they should have been. 

For the record, I lost it at 3:33.

(Though I had to laugh at the first comment: "Twisted Sister fought a Balrog and now has emerged from the depths as Dee Snider the White.")

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »
HUGE Dee fan.  Always was, though (and I've said this here before) I always thought they got a bum wrap with the costumes and such and so weren't taken as seriously as they should have been. 

For the record, I lost it at 3:33.

(Though I had to laugh at the first comment: "Twisted Sister fought a Balrog and now has emerged from the depths as Dee Snider the White.")

I also laughed at that comment.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
Very nice.  I enjoyed that a lot.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
That was pretty amazing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:10:56 PM »
Always liked Dee Snyder.  Very intelligent and compassionate guy.  Wouldn't want to get on his bad side though.  He'll rip you a new ass.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:56 PM »
Very awesome  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
I've always loved his voice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 05:46:11 AM »
Stumbled upon it on YouTube, excellent rendition!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
He doesn't really have the voice to successfully pull off something like that, but the whole reason for doing that was pretty awesome; a wonderful sentiment.  :tup :tup

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »
Always loved Dee as a singer. Very underrated in my opinion. And his singing on Widowmaker's Stand By For Pain, especially on the title Bad Rain is astounding. Great job here too. And beautiful video!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »
Always loved Dee as a singer. Very underrated in my opinion. And his singing on Widowmaker's Stand By For Pain, especially on the title Bad Rain is astounding. Great job here too. And beautiful video!

B.Lee

I just watched one of their recent shows and my god they rock. They really shit the bag with the makeup.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Skeever

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 04:12:16 PM »
He doesn't really have the voice to successfully pull off something like that, but the whole reason for doing that was pretty awesome; a wonderful sentiment.  :tup :tup
Agreed! I thought the performance and video was pretty cornball, but good cause, so hopefully it pays off.