Author Topic: North Korea formally declares war on South Korea  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
North Korea formally declares war on South Korea
« on: August 23, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
I hate to make a misleading thread title but I really thought NK was going to war with SK a couple nights ago..
I listen to lots of old time radio shows from the 40's/50's, one of the shows I've been listening to lately is called Dimension X.
Last Saturday I nodded off listening to an episode of the show and usually I would set the app to stop play back after 45 minutes or an hour because I would have fallen asleep by then, but last night I forgot to do that so the app kept playing the Dimension X episodes.
I woke up in a haze around 3 am to get a drink of water from my nightstand and the show was still playing, midway through my sip of water I heard an announcer saying they'll interrupt the program for breaking news.
"The North Korean communist government, formally declared war on South Korea, effective 11am Sunday, Korean time. And then a little later, this state bulletin from Washington, State Department official says they will hold Russia responsible for the North Korean attack against the independent south Korean republic, which this country and the united nations brought into being and have supported, we now return to the program Dimension X":omg: I froze while drinking my water haha
It took me a good 5 to 10 seconds to put together that it must have been news from the 1950 war, solely based on the language the announcer used, the wording and the tone of voice which is non-existent in news today, let alone remembering that this is not live radio but an app with archive radio episodes.
I went back to sleep, thinking how it's fascinating, as it is shitty, that this war declaration was THE war declaration and that they've been at THAT war since then. Of course it's not the only ongoing conflict from that time period.
Here's a link to episode, the announcement comes @ time stamp 22:46.
Just thought to share this odd occurrence, some might find it interesting.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: North Korea formally declares war on South Korea
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM »
And here I thought I was about to witness WWIII.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
And here I thought I was about to witness WWIII.

You still might

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:03:08 AM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that they're still technically in a state of war against one another. They've simply maintained cease fire for all of these years, but never really settled the hostilities.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

It's a wiki article, so take it with a grain of salt...
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 01:15:57 AM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that they're still technically in a state of war against one another. They've simply maintained cease fire for all of these years, but never really settled the hostilities.

Yes sir!

I went back to sleep, thinking how it's fascinating, as it is shitty, that this war declaration was THE war declaration and that they've been at THAT war since then. Of course it's not the only ongoing conflict from that time period.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:30:08 AM »
Just the normal dick swordplay between the two. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:37:52 AM »

Yes sir!

Oops, I missed that part. Sorry about that  :lol
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again