Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV- Anyone Play?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Skeever

Final Fantasy XIV- Anyone Play?
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:30:52 AM »
Just started XIV, the online one. Anyone play that regularly? I'd love to get going in it with people that are going to be on regularly.

I know there's a general FF thread, but since XIV is so specific, I'd rather not clutter that thread with the one for people that will be talking about the online game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:16:52 AM by Skeever »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:33:46 AM »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »
NB4 uh yeah...I've been a FF fan since the late 80's.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:16:39 AM »
Prepare for lockdown.  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=3750.0

Oh wow, nice. Don't know why I couldn't find that using the Search feature.

I'm renaming this thread FF XIV, since that was my main objective posting anyway. Hopefully there is a decent community playing the game here. If there is, it's probably better off not to clutter the main thread with XIV specific talk anyway, since XIV is an online game and would probably have much more specific discussion anyway.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Final Fantasy XIV
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:17:09 AM »
Good to see you gave it a more specific thread title to match the specific topic!

Sadly I've never played either of the online FF games. But there might well be some here to do.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Final Fantasy XIV- Anyone Play?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:38:38 AM »
I played the trial, thought it was awfully generic and wasn't interested enough to start paying the subscription fee.

Online OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 01:45:41 PM »
Played for a few months when it first came out and loved it. However, once I beat the main story, I was pretty much done and haven't looked back. Loved the game, but I'm not paying a subscription to play one game. I always felt like I shouldn't be playing anything else because it would be wasting time and money not playing FF14
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
FFXI was an MMO also and I never got into it.  Tried the demo of FFXIV and that's it.  Don't really have the time for something that involved online.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Skeever

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
Well, finished the free trial and into the pay period.

Still, not putting this game down anytime soon. I really enjoy it a lot. Extremely relaxing to play at the end of a long day.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »
I couldn't really get into 14, but I can't wait for XV. So close, yet so far away