Author Topic: Steven Universe  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Steven Universe
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:16:37 AM »
Surprised not to see any thread about this great show. Does anyone else watch it?

If you're not familiar, Steven Universe is ostensibly a children's cartoon but one that adults can get a lot out of, maybe even more than children. I know this has been said about a ton of shows but this is the first one I've personally seen where it really holds up (Gravity Falls, too). What starts as apparently just a colorful fun show about a boy with powers has grown into this epic sci fi tale of intergalactic war.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Steven Universe
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:34:43 PM »
My kids rave about this show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:52:59 PM »
It's the best kid's cartoon to me right now. Touches on a lot of adult subjects in a nice way. All of the episodes that have aired since Jasper and Peridot first appeared last year have been utterly fantastic.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
These last few episodes have given so much new lore and I love it. Definitely supports the theory that Rose wasn't necessarily the perfect cinnamon bun the other CGs portray her as.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
This is definitely a great show. That being said, I spend a lot of time on Tumblr, so I tend to only watch after the bomb hype has died down because young fandom in general is in a really bad place right now. A lot of what's happened has put a really bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sorry to say that it's affected my enjoyment of this show. Still one of the best cartoons on right now though.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »
Yeah the fandom is pretty toxic. Follow gifsandfusings on tumblr for a fandom blog that isn't terrible.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »
i am a huge fan tbh. a pretty consistent show and the high points are adsggdsdkhsarig so good

garnet is perfect

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 10:19:54 PM »
Yeah the fandom is pretty toxic. Follow gifsandfusings on tumblr for a fandom blog that isn't terrible.

I think it's better if I just ignore it right now. I have Steven Universe blocked on Tumblr. I enjoy the show much more that way. :lol

I loved marathoning through the first season when I first watched it a year ago or so. I got choked up quite a few times. The shows gets more real than I was excepting. And not only that, but I adore the sci-fi aspects to it. They are wonderfully done.

Also it amuses me endlessly that Peridot is pretty much Zim and full of direct quotes from that show as well. Sugar has no shame in showing her love for that show. haha

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »
Oh cool, there's a thread here for SU.

I just discovered it in the past few months thanks to my brother showing me the music first, then letting those tunes make me curious. So I started watching, and now I've seen pretty much all of it except early Season 1. Now we wait for Gem Harvest.

Lapis Lazuli + Peridot = Turquoise?
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
There'd have to be a lot of development for those two to be willing to fuse, I think. Lapis doesn't like Peridot very much and is still messed up from Malachite. Peridot's attitude about fusions is known.

I would sorta like to see Peridot fuse with any of the main CGs before Lapis, as they are all sort of "defective" gems in her eyes.

Peridot is my favorite so I hope she becomes a real Crystal Gem eventually.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »
There'd have to be a lot of development for those two to be willing to fuse, I think. Lapis doesn't like Peridot very much and is still messed up from Malachite. Peridot's attitude about fusions is known.

I would sorta like to see Peridot fuse with any of the main CGs before Lapis, as they are all sort of "defective" gems in her eyes.

Peridot is my favorite so I hope she becomes a real Crystal Gem eventually.

Peridot changes her originally ambivalent attitude about fusion in Log Date 7 15 2, and Peridot and Lapis have started becoming better friends since Barn Mates (where they were NOT friends). Also, Peridot is called a Crystal Gem in Message Recieved as well as Log Date 7 15 2.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »
She still doesn't get a card in the opening XD

...my name is Araragi.