Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Race v2.0: Post convention discussion.  (Read 40802 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 Presidential Race v2.0: Post convention discussion.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 08:33:17 AM »
Following. November can't come soon enough.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:10:39 PM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »
Do I waste the time to link and detail every instance where Hillary has contradicted herself over her political career or can we just agree that Politicians say literally anything depending on what group of people they are talking to.

It's utterly fascinating the 'free pass' Clinton is getting on all of this. Trump rally's and speeches are 'fact checked' in real time yet...when Clinton does happen to show up for one of her scripted appearances.....whatever she says is apparently FACT and Gospel?

Hate Trump all you want...I get it....but the amount of media bias he is facing at this point is staggering....to the point where it's unabashed and there is no attempt to hide how lopsided it is.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:56:27 AM »
Yes, I think anybody who DOESN"T agree that you can tell a politician (or Donald Trump) is lying because their lips are moving, is not paying attention.  No matter what their party affiliation.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 10:55:52 AM »
Yes, I think anybody who DOESN"T agree that you can tell a politician (or Donald Trump) is lying because their lips are moving, is not paying attention.  No matter what their party affiliation.

You'd assume they know 99% of what they say is recorded and available to reference at any moment? It just goes to show how dumb the American public is. Hillary at one time wanted a big wall also AND thought marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

I'm perfectly fine with evolving emotional and personality wise. I've done it...we've all done it. But to act as if you've 'never' thought or subscribed to a certain ideology when there is evidence upon evidence that you have....that's whats bothering. and every politician has held conflicting stances at one point or another.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
Putting Curt Schilling in there would be nearly as bad as putting John Rocker in.

I think Rocker is far worse, especially with his blatantly subversive commentary.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »
Rocker is possible one of the most obnoxious human beings to have a social media account.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 12:50:29 PM »
Following. November can't come soon enough.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
Rocker is possible one of the most obnoxious human beings to have a social media account.

I concur. He's certainly an entertaining individual.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »
Following. November The end of Hillary's term can't come soon enough.

:neverusethis:

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
Sad, but also true.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »
Not that it matters but Trump lost my vote today. I'll vote 3rd party. I despise Hillary more than words can describe but would NEVER subscribe to or advocate someone seeking her out to shoot her. Which Trump did, his team can try to spin it however they'd like.

I could tolerate most of his antics in order for Hillary not to win....didn't mind the 'wall' or Muslim talk at all because the only thing wrong with those ideas are the way HE delivers and communicates them. But implying Second Ammemdment owners could 'do' something about Hillarys SCOTUS appointees is where I personally draw the line. I like the spin his team tried to put on it....sounds good and all....but we all know what he meant.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 04:44:17 PM »
Between the both of them, they're both disgusting. However, I don't want to Hillary supporters bitch and moan about Trumps comments when people seem to mysteriously die around the Clintons all of the time.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 04:49:20 PM »
Between the both of them, they're both disgusting. However, I don't want to Hillary supporters bitch and moan about Trumps comments when people seem to mysteriously die around the Clintons all of the time.

Yeah. We could dedicate a whole thread to that. A whole lot of 'coincidence' surrounding the....what is it (5) now after the recent two dudes.....untimely deaths of people who have opposed and investigate them.

She's despicable. Period. So is Bill. But for Trump to suggest someone could shoot her, which is what he meant.....it's not as bad as what I believe her and Bill have conspired to but it's bad.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 04:49:49 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-could-stop-clinton

I have no words.

This is making Chino's theory of him trying to lose the election pretty plausible.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

Yeah. We could dedicate a whole thread to that. A whole lot of 'coincidence' surrounding the....what is it (5) now after the recent two dudes.....untimely deaths of people who have opposed and investigate them.

She's despicable. Period. So is Bill. But for Trump to suggest someone could shoot her, which is what he meant.....it's not as bad as what I believe her and Bill have conspired to but it's bad.

Besides the recent 5, or whatever it is, this has happened going back to the 90s with Vincent Foster.

As far as Trump, I could excuse his earlier comments and some of the other things he's said, but it's hard to keep making excuses for someone when the things they say become more and more unconscionable.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-could-stop-clinton

I have no words.

This happened at the college I attend. Some of my friends were there when he said it, I think.

Crazy stuff to think about...

I sincerely hope the media brings up the important nuance that Trump's statement implied '2nd Amendment people' may do something AFTER Hillary becomes President, not before.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »
Trump continues to show that he is a plant for the Clintons. Everything he has done the last two weeks has been clear attempts to lose the election. It's plain as day.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Serious question here. Have there ever been any donations or support going from one to the other in the past? What side of the fence was he on when King Cumalot was running for president?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »
Trump continues to show that he is a plant for the Clintons. Everything he has done the last two weeks has been clear attempts to lose the election. It's plain as day.

He's certainly not trying very hard to win. My Dad WAY back when shared this sentiment. Hat Trump was a Clinton operative. It's hard not to start to believe it. No one, not even an egocentric narcissist can be THIS self destructive. 

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »

He's certainly not trying very hard to win. My Dad WAY back when shared this sentiment. Hat Trump was a Clinton operative. It's hard not to start to believe it. No one, not even an egocentric narcissist can be THIS self destructive.

When you're being praised and hailed for saying non-PC things and insulting everyone, you're eventually going to go too far.

It's pretty conceivable.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DragonAttack

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »
I've lost track of the amount of facepalm comments the GOP candidate has made.  Today's was scary.  Encouraging a riled up audience in that fashion.  It only takes one.....

Oh, and I read where Bryan Clausen, ex NASCAR racer died in a freakish dirt track race over the weekend.  I blame Hillary Clinton for this as well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 07:44:24 PM »
Oh, and I read where Bryan Clausen, ex NASCAR racer died in a freakish dirt track race over the weekend.  I blame Hillary Clinton for this as well.

Oh please. If you want to pretend that those deaths were coincedence then that's your deal. It doesn't take a PhD to connect the dots.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

Oh please. If you want to pretend that those deaths were coincedence then that's your deal. It doesn't take a PhD to connect the dots.

Some people are so blinded by the new savior, she can do no wrong.  :lol

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »
I heard she also caused 9/11.

And I'm pretty sure she gets a brief mention in the bible as the person that starts calling to kill Jesus.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »

No, that was actually Bill.

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »

No, that was actually Bill.

Technically, yes. He was too busy getting blow jobs from disgusting interns to pay attention to his real job and wound up letting Bin Laden go.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 08:05:04 PM »
I also read somewhere, and you might have to fact check this, that she is the one who gave George Lucas the idea for Jar Jar.

My point is, hate Hillary all you want (which for some of you is a huge amount) but to say she has actually ordered people's execution is a bit much. To then say that it's painfully obvious that she did it and imply that anyone who doesn't see it isn't terribly intelligent is taking things a bit far.

I mean, can't we disagree with someone's politics and ideas and not also make them out to be the devil?

I will admit that Trump suffers from that too much as well (people taking criticism of him too far) but how about, at least in this thread, we try to keep somewhat of a level head and not play into the "I don't agree with them, therefore I must hate them with the power of 1000 suns)?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
I don't like either of them, but it eventually gets to the point where you look at the shit that happens around her and stop thinking it's a coincidence. I'm certainly not going to give him a reach around but he isn't as corrupt as she is.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
I don't like either of them, but it eventually gets to the point where you look at the shit that happens around her and stop thinking it's a coincidence. I'm certainly not going to give him a reach around but he isn't as corrupt as she is.

I'm not talking about that, or comparing them. I guess it's because in Israel, the politicians are just sooo much worse that when, in America, people have to "stop thinking it's a coincidence" to find such major fault in a person, then I can't take it too seriously. I dunno.

I just wish we could say "I really dislike Hillary's politics and think she would be a terrible president" as opposed to making her out to be the devil and part of major conspiracies etc.

Same with Trump. Call them out on what they actually say and do, not what "should be obvious" to people who already hate them.

Or not. If you guys prefer having a bunch of back and forths about how much you hate Hillary, I guess have at it. Just seems silly to me. (And yes, I would say the same thing about Trump)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:26 PM »
I also read somewhere, and you might have to fact check this, that she is the one who gave George Lucas the idea for Jar Jar.

My point is, hate Hillary all you want (which for some of you is a huge amount) but to say she has actually ordered people's execution is a bit much. To then say that it's painfully obvious that she did it and imply that anyone who doesn't see it isn't terribly intelligent is taking things a bit far.

I mean, can't we disagree with someone's politics and ideas and not also make them out to be the devil?

I will admit that Trump suffers from that too much as well (people taking criticism of him too far) but how about, at least in this thread, we try to keep somewhat of a level head and not play into the "I don't agree with them, therefore I must hate them with the power of 1000 suns)?

It's a little too much coincidence for me with the deaths\suicides that have surrounded her and Bill, all of which benefited them greatly.

If this were a 'normal' politician I'd agree to just not like her politics. But no one will ever convince me that she is a horrid person....who I do believe has had involvement in multiple shady dealings. From deaths to money laundering to the recent racket that is the 'Clinton Foundation'

The next four years are going to utterly suck to have to look at her face and listen to her cackling, corrupt voice.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »
Fair enough dude. I just think such vitriol and hatred does nothing good and only pushes us further down a dark path.
fanticide.bandcamp.com