Author Topic: Vice Principals  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Vice Principals
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:43 AM »
Anyone watching this?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Vice Principals
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »
I plan to at some point, just haven't had the chance to yet. Is it good/funny?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 07:34:41 AM »
I plan to at some point, just haven't had the chance to yet. Is it good/funny?

I'm finding it to be absolutely hysterical. There are only four episodes up so far. Same kind of humor as East Bound and Down, but with slightly less profanity and nowhere near as many drug references.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:37:18 PM »
Wait, just the show title intrigues me... what channel/platform is it on?
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »
Just lost my borrowed HBO GO account. :(

Liked the first two episodes. Wish I could catch the rest.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »
Wait, just the show title intrigues me... what channel/platform is it on?

HBO

These two guys.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
OMG this show is everything to me! I laugh my ass off every episode.  I about died when the principal went out drinking!  :rollin
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
This was/is a funny show if you like the Danny McBride style humor, which I do.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 05:57:06 AM »
What a season finale! Didn't see that coming. I was reading the other day that HBO originally wanted to make this a movie but had too much detail. They wrote it out as a two season show. There won't be anything after season 2, most of which has already been filmed.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »
I loved this show! That drunk episode was the best. It was such a light and refreshing show compared to the deep drama types that I usually watch. Good stuff. :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »
I just need to watch the last episode but I guess Im not as crazy about it as the rest of you.  It has it's moments, but I overall have not found it that funny.  No where close to as funny as Eastbound and Down, although probably a better story overall.  I did find that the show has gotten funnier as the season went on.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
I just need to watch the last episode but I guess Im not as crazy about it as the rest of you.  It has it's moments, but I overall have not found it that funny.  No where close to as funny as Eastbound and Down, although probably a better story overall.  I did find that the show has gotten funnier as the season went on.

Definitely not as funny as EB&D, but I think it's still funny enough to watch. I actually almost gave up on EB&D when it was on. The first half of season 2 really didn't do it for me. Glad I stuck with it though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »

Definitely not as funny as EB&D, but I think it's still funny enough to watch. I actually almost gave up on EB&D when it was on. The first half of season 2 really didn't do it for me. Glad I stuck with it though.

EB&D was great, maybe one of my favorite comedy shows ever on TV.  Maybe that is a reason why VP hasn't been a huge hit for me because it feels like a letdown comparatively and maybe I shouldn't make that comparison.  I am pretty excited to watch the season finale though, maybe tonight, since I am enjoying it more than I did when I first started the season.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »

EB&D was great, maybe one of my favorite comedy shows ever on TV.  Maybe that is a reason why VP hasn't been a huge hit for me because it feels like a letdown comparatively and maybe I shouldn't make that comparison.  I am pretty excited to watch the season finale though, maybe tonight, since I am enjoying it more than I did when I first started the season.

I made the joke to Victoria the other night that Vice Principals is a spinoff of EB&D and it's what would have happened had Kenny Powers given up on getting back into baseball after becoming the PE teacher.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
 :lol I could see that, the characters aren't that far off from each other.  I just miss that extra bit of douchiness from Kenny Powers and his sidekick Stevie.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Definitely. I feel like all of Danny McBride's characters are pretty similar. He's got a Will Farrell thing going on.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »
I'm super curious to see his character in ALIEN:Coveneant. Such an 'odd' casting choice by Ridley Scott and McBride himself has admits the character isn't a 'funny' character.

I think it'll be neat to see him play a different style character and am willing to bet he nails it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »
I'm super curious to see his character in ALIEN:Coveneant. Such an 'odd' casting choice by Ridley Scott and McBride himself has admits the character isn't a 'funny' character.

I think it'll be neat to see him play a different style character and am willing to bet he nails it.

A lot of times there's the one goofy guy in those types of movies who usually dies.  He could fill that type of roll.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »
Walton Goggins? I'm in.