Author Topic: Another damaged box set - video included <With RR Response>  (Read 1787 times)

Offline bhull

Another damaged box set - video included <With RR Response>
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »
Here is my 5 minute unboxing video https://youtu.be/RDJFBmWGVn8

I sent the email below to RR.

Got my DT Astonishing box set today.  Did an unboxing video, and guess what.  The corner is smashed.  The unboxing vid is at

https://youtu.be/RDJFBmWGVn8

Given the circumstances surrounding this release, I would like to resolve it in one of the following ways...

Option 1: I keep and open the product, and as long as there are no other discrepancies, and I am satisfied with the quality, at no charge, RR will ship me an empty box to replace the damaged one.

Option 2: I keep and open the product, and at no charge, RR ships me a new one, and I return the damaged one upon satisfactorily receiving the new one.  This is in case you cannot provide an empty box.

At this point, I have waited so long for the box set, and have heard so little on the status, I would like to enjoy what I have and not have to deal with repacking it, taking it to the post office, then waiting however long for the ground shipment to go both ways, which would most likely add 2 more weeks until I can enjoy the items.

Please respond with what you would like to do.

While writing this post, I already got a response...

Dear Bhull,

We are working on a solution to this, there is no need to send anything back.
Sincerely,

Brie
Roadrunner Records https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/

So given the response, I'll finish opening it and do a video.

***Edit***
My old Flip camera woke up after having it plugged in for a while, thought it was a gonner. Assuming it works, I'll give it a little while longer to charge, get it on a tri-pod and do a less disorienting unboxing video. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:41:02 PM by bhull »

Offline Madman Shepherd

Re: Another damaged box set - video included <With RR Response>
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Pretty reasonable demands on your part.  I'm glad I got mine refunded a few weeks ago so I didn't have to deal with it. 

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:46:04 PM »
.. this is causing me all sorts of anxiety now.   :censored

Odd I haven't received mine yet. It's been 8 months and 4 days since I ordered on 12/4/15.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »
Soon we will need a new session in the forum to post all of the damaged orders.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 06:53:56 PM »
Here's the thing: did they produce the total number of sets available, or only the number ordered?  Either way, this is obviously a custom item, so for them to send you a replacement box, they are going to have to either print you up a new on on its own, or use one from an existing, already produced set, meaning the rest of the set has no box.  And if they only produced the limited run, well, that's a set down the drain (granted, this thing ain't ever gonna sell out).

I don't know if companies produce extra sets for contingencies, but this set was touted as limited to what, 4000 copies?

I also highly doubt they'll just send you an entirely new boxset without asking for the other one back; that would be a dick move on their part to everyone else having issues.

What a mess all around.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:02:09 PM by zappafrank2112 »

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 06:55:57 PM »
Am I correct that they included a return packing slip in the set?

If so, that makes it easier.  Just use their packing.

Of course, you can bet nothing is getting sent until the refund has been confirmed.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
.. this is causing me all sorts of anxiety now.   :censored

Odd I haven't received mine yet. It's been 8 months and 4 days since I ordered on 12/4/15.

I ordered mine at the very end of February, and received the shipping notification an hour ago.

They really should have sent these out in order of... um, order.  That's only fair.

Offline bhull

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »
Here's the thing: did they produce the total number of sets available, or only the number ordered?  Either way, this is obviously a custom item, so for them to send you a replacement box, they are going to have to either print you up a new on on its own, or use one from an existing, already produced set, meaning the rest of the set has no box.  And if they only produced the limited run, well, that's a set down the drain (granted, this thing ain't ever gonna sell out).

I don't know if companies produce extra sets for contingencies, but this set was touted as limited to what, 4000 copies?

I also highly doubt they'll just send you an entirely new boxset without asking for the other one back; that would be a dick move on their part to everyone else having issues.

What a mess all around.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing it would be pretty trivial to have more boxes printed to replace the damaged ones.  So if they came up short, It probably wouldn't be a big deal to order an extra 500 boxes, replace what needs to be replaced, and chuck the extras into the recycling bin.

As to your other question, it did come with a return slip.

As promised, here is my unboxing video.

https://youtu.be/lc_-Z7iKbVk

I realize it needs some trimming, and it won't win any unboxing video awards.  I was just aiming to make a more serviceable video with better lighting than the other one floating around in the pre-order thread.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 08:27:25 PM »
Nice vid.  The box set actually looks pretty cool.  I didn't care for the Astonishing but if I did, I would probably bite the bullet and reorder the boxset just for that NOMAC. 

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 09:31:44 PM »
Just got a shipping confirmation. Crossing fingers so it can arrive undamaged.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
Mine lands tomorrow.  :facepalm: Hope it's not busted up.

Offline bhull

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 03:20:25 PM »
Got an email from RR today.

They are getting new display boxes to replace the ones that have been damaged.  They anticipate receiving them next week.