Author Topic: Multi Part Songs on your phone  (Read 671 times)

Offline ytsejam58

Multi Part Songs on your phone
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:45:37 AM »
So here is my conundrum. I love keeping every part of let's say Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence all as one file so that it flows seamlessly together on my phone. On the other hand though, I also like to pinpoint and skip ahead to my favorite parts of the song when I need to. having 8 6 minute tracks is more manageable but then when I shuffle play they all get mixed up.

I'm just wondering if you keep songs together or separate. I got the Flower Kings new album and like... the first 7 songs pretty much flow from one to another... but that would be one 49 minute song on my phone where it's really 7 separate ones.

The best solution I can think of is to simply have 2 versions. One where they are all together and one where they are separate. Sure it takes up more space but it is a load off of my mind.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: Multi Part Songs on your phone
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
So here is my conundrum. I love keeping every part of let's say Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence all as one file so that it flows seamlessly together on my phone. On the other hand though, I also like to pinpoint and skip ahead to my favorite parts of the song when I need to. having 8 6 minute tracks is more manageable but then when I shuffle play they all get mixed up.

I'm just wondering if you keep songs together or separate. I got the Flower Kings new album and like... the first 7 songs pretty much flow from one to another... but that would be one 49 minute song on my phone where it's really 7 separate ones.

The best solution I can think of is to simply have 2 versions. One where they are all together and one where they are separate. Sure it takes up more space but it is a load off of my mind.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, In the Presence of Enemies, and Avenged Sevenfold's I Won't See You Tonight are the only three songs I have this problem with but for ItPoE and IWSYT I just turn off shuffle until part two starts and for SDoIT I play disc two of the album with shuffle off and when the song is over I shuffle my entire music library.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline ytsejam58

Re: Multi Part Songs on your phone
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 09:14:13 PM »
That sounds like an interesting way of doing it!