Author Topic: 2016 Olympics  (Read 5978 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: 2016 Olympics
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2016, 09:36:08 AM »
However, since when was phelps a good boy?   I mean, a DUI and caught smoking a bong aren't the worst things in the world (like I can talk  :lol), but it's also not like he's a model citizen either.

True....BUT....since then he's made the very evident decision to correct his behavior, took the appropriate steps as far as rehab and counseling which by all accounts that I've read have placed him in a 'good' place. Plus the re-dedication to swimming clearly put him back in top form as he defeated rivals 5-10 years younger than him which isn't easy to do in swimming.

Not saying the guy is a saint or that he'll never make another public mistake....but it's evident to me that he is way more of a classy person than Lochte. The evidence from his behavior historically leads one only to conclude that Lochte is a massive Douchebag. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2016, 09:45:30 AM »
"...and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you medaling kids!"
-Ryan Lochte
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2016, 09:46:16 AM »
However, since when was phelps a good boy?   I mean, a DUI and caught smoking a bong aren't the worst things in the world (like I can talk  :lol), but it's also not like he's a model citizen either.

True....BUT....since then he's made the very evident decision to correct his behavior, took the appropriate steps as far as rehab and counseling which by all accounts that I've read have placed him in a 'good' place. Plus the re-dedication to swimming clearly put him back in top form as he defeated rivals 5-10 years younger than him which isn't easy to do in swimming.

Not saying the guy is a saint or that he'll never make another public mistake....but it's evident to me that he is way more of a classy person than Lochte. The evidence from his behavior historically leads one only to conclude that Lochte is a massive Douchebag.

Yea thats true, just read Lochte's statement  :lol what a crock of BS. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
“Douchebag? I don’t even know what is a douchebag, like what is it? Like what is the definition? ... Like I really don’t know what it means, do you know?” - Ryan Lochte.

Like.......... ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2016, 06:18:33 AM »
Enjoyed the Olympics for what they are.  Disheartened at the mess that is the IOC, and what takes place in most of these countries to make way for their 'white elephants' (check out HBO's 'Real Sports' recent special).  The corruption, greed, waste, uprooting of families from homes, etc.

https://www.flotrack.org/article/44257-the-ioc-s-true-ideals-corruption-and-greed

And yet, there is a certain 'home town' pride for the achievements of so many of my state's athletes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/08/21/maryland-ranks-higher-on-the-olympic-gold-list-than-all-but-five-countries/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:26:01 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »
Money well spent  ::)