4 (16.7%)
McDonald's
4 (16.7%)
Sonic
2 (8.3%)
Something quick from the Dollar General Store
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Choose my next meal for me.  (Read 2614 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Choose my next meal for me.
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »
Down here Taco Bell competes with Taco Bueno, and the latter really kicks the shit out of them, IMO. I haven't stepped foot in a Taco Bell in 15 years. Also, Del Taco tried to gain a foothold in the Dallas taco market, and boy did they suck it up pretty hard. Thankfully Dallas is in the midst of a taco Renaissance. In my world, 3 or 4 different taquerias put them both out of business years ago.

I've tried Del Taco in LA and it was terrible.  To me, it was a shitty taco bell.  However, if Taco Bueno is better than Taco Bell, that could be amazing. 

LA is like the capital of fast food, they have everything I have in NJ plus at least 10 more different types although I've found I dislike all the new spots I've tried out there besides In n Out.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 03:51:12 PM »
Down here Taco Bell competes with Taco Bueno, and the latter really kicks the shit out of them, IMO. I haven't stepped foot in a Taco Bell in 15 years. Also, Del Taco tried to gain a foothold in the Dallas taco market, and boy did they suck it up pretty hard. Thankfully Dallas is in the midst of a taco Renaissance. In my world, 3 or 4 different taquerias put them both out of business years ago.
You're certainly making the right decision there. Unfortunately, up here in the midwest, those places don't exist. There are a couple local places that make good quality tacos here (one of which is west coast style), but as far as price and convenience go, there's really no one in the market besides Taco Bell.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »
You're certainly making the right decision there. Unfortunately, up here in the midwest, those places don't exist. There are a couple local places that make good quality tacos here (one of which is west coast style), but as far as price and convenience go, there's really no one in the market besides Taco Bell.
It's pretty cool. Down here there are a bunch of trendy taco joints for white people, and they all sound like either a whorehouse or some sort of VD (Velvet Taco, Fuzzy Taco, Rusty Taco). Then you've got the taquerias for the Mexicans and the more adventurous white folk. The latter serve up real DF style quesadillas, chilaquiles for breakfast, sopes and some of the best sandwiches in town. Really no contest compared to fast food places like Taco Bell. Add to that, in the Mexican parts of town, many of the gas stations crank out great tacos. Fuel City has actually set the bar for barbacoa down here for the last 10 years. Plus, the gas stations often have carts cranking out Bosk's gheto-corn. All in all, it's pretty good down here.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 10:00:18 AM »
After reading that and just getting to Texas, I now cannot help but notice every taco shop that'd at the gas stations :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
Outside of Columbia, MD, where we go for the M3 Festival each year, there's a taqueria in the ass end of a gas station that was featured on DDD.  Naturally, we had to check it out.  T'was damn good.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
I love authentic mexican food so much, we have a shit ton of taquerias around here (also in my area a ton of Indian/Asian/Chinese fusion cuisine, which makes sense as I think my town has the 3rd highest Asian population per captia in Illinois but I digress)

As much as I love tacos al pastor I keep going back to taco bell and I feel like I'm sinning but it tastes so good :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore